rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

asshole i did it once when after giving a guy food, a pepsi and covered him whilst he searched a town, using most of my winchestr ammo i then gave him my makarov & 4 or 5 clips, we leve town and find a deer stand as i climb up he shoots me and i fall with legs, arms broke and bleeding inside the hut, he tries to kill me & can't i try to kill him and can't we stale mate for 5 minutes i then think what a tosser and alt f4 then respawn, and run back to the hut.

are you saying i should let this scum dance on my grave aswell as stab me in the back? i'd like to see what you'd do in a similar situation.

This is the only time i have down this and it was very recent (my current char) so obviously i replied based on that, get over it its hardly kicking kittens/ eating babies is it.

You should have taken the death like a man, bro. Thats the risk you run in game. Who can you trust. Will you turn on each other? ALT + F4 isnt in real life and as such wouldnt have saved you.

If it was me. I would have died. Respawned ran back to the hut and see if he looted my shit. If not grab my gun and hunt the fucker down.

• Like 4

You should have taken the death like a man, bro. Thats the risk you run in game. Who can you trust. Will you turn on each other? ALT + F4 isnt in real life and as such wouldnt have saved you.

If it was me. I would have died. Respawned ran back to the hut and see if he looted my shit. If not grab my gun and hunt the fucker down.

"like a mam" oh shut up LOL

Re read thats basically what i did, we couldn't kill each other, it was stale mate. If he had popped his head up i would have shoot him and if i had tried to stand up, he'd shoot me, also how would i know who he was?

I try and avoid servers that display your name when you mouse over a person - THAT is more a problem than alt f-yawning.

As re the "in real life we'd all kill each other" statement all I can say is if we all had this merntality we' as a species would have never got out of the trees let alone made it to caves, friggin monkeys and apees can work this simple survival fact out i'm extremely suprised how stupid & selfish people become once hiding behind a keyboard & screen, this dissaociation should be known as suffering from cyber-psychosis or anti-cyber social psychosis, no doubt there is a diagnosis for it.

Edited by Turk

Deny servers the ability to connect to the HIVE if they are not running the latest patches, please.

Only 10% are running 95168 and <1% are running 95208. How am I supposed to test the game if the servers aren't running the latest version of it?

Server providers aren't allowed to give hosts full access, so we have to wait for the providers to update our servers for us. We shouldn't be punished for not having an up to date server when we aren't allowed to update them ourselves.

Those servers you're seeing at the most recent patches are dedicated, not managed (pro tip: 90% of all servers are managed)

Edited by tofucake

What happens if my internet drops out? Which it often does, and I get D/C'd? Will it be able to tell so I don't get smote by lightning from the game thinking I'm escaping? There is no good way to fix the D/C issue. It is a game, games can be turned off, internet can be disconnected. I can run it windowed and just ALT+Tab and hit the close button. There are too many clever ways to D/C without intrusive measures. Perhaps if people die they just simply drop all of their stuff instantly, before any D/C. A little strange, but at least it won't be attached to a dissapearing body. It might also be buggy, but you have a better chance to get loot.

I also agree that there are bigger problems. So what if people do it often? Resource spawns are really high and you can get anything without ever seeing a person. Looting dead bodies is extremely far from necesary. It's not game breaking. The Zombie part of the Zombie Apocalypse Survival is what needs the most attention in my opinion. This isn't Bandit Survival after all.

Considering there's no way to tell whether your game crashed or you lost connection due to things outside of your control or whether you instigated the event, it's likely that you better hope not to have such issues when rocket's solution (whatever that may be this time around) kicks in. As for the technical side, you can create a new body with equipment on it.

how wrong.

shot a guy with lee enfield. its one hit kill. dc, coprse gone after few seconds, no kill.

shot a girl with L85. two times, because she randomly respawned about 15 later at the same spot. funny though, the corpse didn't despawn first time.

shot a guy in the head with a L85 (like 10 m distance), instant dc, no corpse, no kill.

apparently, if you alt+f4 fast enough you respawn again at the same location with all your gear, so you can in fact survive everything.

I didn't ALT+F4, but the other night I took a sniper round while overlooking the tents in Stary. The "You are Dead" screen popped up. It was something like 1:30am, so I didn't feel like creating my new character immediately. When I logged back in, I was still alive. Not sure how that worked, but I must've been looking at the "You Are Dead" screen for 30 seconds if not more as I was talking in Mumble with a clanmate.

Sometimes, it all comes down to 'weird shit happening'.

What happens if my internet drops out? Which it often does, and I get D/C'd?

Then your character would just stand for some seconds before logging off (lets see what Rocket has in his sleeve).

Also you would not suggest that other people should suffer D/Cers because you might have bad connection right?

So what if people do it often? Resource spawns are really high and you can get anything without ever seeing a person. Looting dead bodies is extremely far from necesary. It's not game breaking.

You are wrong, it IS game breaking when some douche bag alt+f4 even when he started the fight, change server, repositions and then comes back and kill you. It is the BIGGEST problem we have now because as the DayZ is now, it is mostly about PvP and since you can alt+f4 like dbag, it breaks game.

So man up, dont D/C in fights and if your internet goes down take it like a man and accept whatever has happened to your character in those moments before you were logged off.

• Like 6

[snip] it is mostly about PvP [snip]

It is Ghost recon sniper deathmatch game or a "Thunderdome" on the coast with axes and Lee Enfields. The zombies are irrelevant.

I would add:

Ammo is too common. Far far far far too common.

Helicopter crashes should spawn smashed metal. That is all. AS50s? Themal scoped A85s? NV? When have you seen Surviviors in Zombie movies tooled up like special forces or the 1st recon.

Most guns should be shotguns, weak handguns, or farmers rifles, with maybe 5-10 rounds. You should care for ammunition. Do you shoot a player vs shoot a zombie in a supermarket to get food to stop from starving? The ammo is just blam blam blam now.

Remove NVGs and thermal rifles. Flares should mean something. Oh, and Ghillies do not fit over coyote backpacks.

Very few people on planet earth can run with a backpack with a primary, secondary, pistol, axe, toolbox, knife, entrenching tool, food, ammo, medicine, etc. All day.

Basically, you need more choices forced on you. Escaping PVP death needs to be fixed, but at the moment the PVP has it too easy. Firing a gun and getting a Zed on you is nothing.

Since when do body shots kill zombies?

• Like 7

It is Ghost recon sniper deathmatch game or a "Thunderdome" on the coast with axes and Lee Enfields. The zombies are irrelevant.

I would add:

Ammo is too common. Far far far far too common.

Helicopter crashes should spawn smashed metal. That is all. AS50s? Themal scoped A85s? NV? When have you seen Surviviors in Zombie movies tooled up like special forces or the 1st recon.

Most guns should be shotguns, weak handguns, or farmers rifles, with maybe 5-10 rounds. You should care for ammunition. Do you shoot a player vs shoot a zombie in a supermarket to get food to stop from starving? The ammo is just blam blam blam now.

Remove NVGs and thermal rifles. Flares should mean something. Oh, and Ghillies do not fit over coyote backpacks.

Very few people on planet earth can run with a backpack with a primary, secondary, pistol, axe, toolbox, knife, entrenching tool, food, ammo, medicine, etc. All day.

Basically, you need more choices forced on you. Escaping PVP death needs to be fixed, but at the moment the PVP has it too easy. Firing a gun and getting a Zed on you is nothing.

Since when do body shots kill zombies?

I'd love to see weapon (& clothing etc) deteriorate rather than less ammo, so you either find parts or whole weapons and maintain them.

A form of crafting basically.

As well as being able to create better clothing (from quieter shoes to protective clothing both for warmth & dryness aswell as armor & effective camoflage). The ability to craft survival items such as splints for broken limbs or an alternative to lighting a fire by using a whisky bottles base or a lens from a pair of glasses (of couse can only be lit using the suns rays)

Using the animals for more than food (twine & skins (leather). And plants (herbs) for infections etc.

So many things could be done to enhance and extend the survival aspect, i'm sure its been thought of

I just hope the arma engine dosen't restrict the potential of this game.

Yes its "ok" for now but as we all know once you have your kit what else to do? Unfortunately that "what else" sems to end up in PvP, vehicles alone don't seem to be a large enough incentive for cooperation.

Fortifying buildings (i don't mean only placing (badly due to armas current limitations/clunkyness) wire fence/tank deterants & bear traps), then a town and rebuildsing a society seems the logical progression, can the arma engine accomodate these ideas?

And yep shooting a weapon should be the absolute last option so if a swarm comes rushing to every gun shot maybe player killing will be reconsidered if it truely were a life threatening decision for the murderer rather than a folie.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 2

WHOA! That gives me an idea. What if you ahd to find PARTS to BUILD GUNS! I know it would be a serious hurdle with the Arma engine, but imagine crafting your own weaponry. You'd have to find stocks, barrles, the works. Maybe have some alternates. That would be awesome, and I agree, military weapons and ammo are too easy to find. We had 3 snipers in our squad at one point, and 2 of them had m107 and AS50. Thats a little intense, no?

I'd like to see clothing too. That would be cool. If you could find different colors and styles so you can identify your team mates. It would take time to loot a bunch of red shirts for example, then have your whole posse rocing red shirts and black jeans or something. Or camo.

The possiblities are endless in a standalone, but as an Arma 2 mod, no so much. I doubt anything this cool would happen. I think the best we can hope for as an Arma 2 Mod is better zombies and loot spawns. Let them fix the core of the game, then hopefully port it to standalone.

• Like 1

WHOA! That gives me an idea. What if you ahd to find PARTS to BUILD GUNS! I know it would be a serious hurdle with the Arma engine, but imagine crafting your own weaponry. You'd have to find stocks, barrles, the works. Maybe have some alternates. That would be awesome, and I agree, military weapons and ammo are too easy to find. We had 3 snipers in our squad at one point, and 2 of them had m107 and AS50. Thats a little intense, no?

I'd like to see clothing too. That would be cool. If you could find different colors and styles so you can identify your team mates. It would take time to loot a bunch of red shirts for example, then have your whole posse rocing red shirts and black jeans or something. Or camo.

The possiblities are endless in a standalone, but as an Arma 2 mod, no so much. I doubt anything this cool would happen. I think the best we can hope for as an Arma 2 Mod is better zombies and loot spawns. Let them fix the core of the game, then hopefully port it to standalone.

I can understand what you're saying but the pieces of guns thing is a little unrealistic. No one leaves optics, buttstocks, or pistol grips laying around. Give us full guns as it stands now, just make their condition worsen if not cleaned. More jamming until the gun finally locks up from the sheer amount of dirt in it. All the American ar's and .50's would guck up much faster than the tried and reliable ak platforms. People need to consider shooting players now.

"is it worth putting a few rounds through my gun for an unarmed player?"

Edit- make the gun stats transfer from player to player too. Pick up a used gun... Suddenly find out 700 rounds had been put through it before and the gun hadn't been maintenced. You get into a fight without checking this fact only to point the gun at someone... Pull the trigger... And *click* ... Not such a smart idea anymore huh?

Also, make player models look more gritty as the days progress. cuts, bruises, and clothing has its share of wear... More as the days go by. Everything needs a much more weathered look in game. Including towns even.

Edited by evoxtom

From all the posts above, sounds like you guys want to turn this game more into an MMO than a sandbox game. If you want an MMO wait until that other care bear zombie MMO comes out and flock to it.

From all the posts above, sounds like you guys want to turn this game more into an MMO than a sandbox game. If you want an MMO wait until that other care bear zombie MMO comes out and flock to it.

Do you know what MMO stands for? This is a massive multiplayer game right now. You know there are different types of MMO's out there? Not sure how suggesting improvements to a game in alpha to add just a tad more realism to a simulator is such a bad thing. Flame elsewhere kiddo, we have grown things to discuss.

• Like 4

Did anyone elses six updater update today?

Mine did and now there seems to be a lack of playable servers.

Just saying, alt f4 DOESN'T WORK IN ARMA II the only thing there is is esc aborting.

i dont use 6 updater. i did not update anything today, and i am seeing the lack of playable servers as well. only about 1 page.

Do you know what MMO stands for? This is a massive multiplayer game right now. You know there are different types of MMO's out there? Not sure how suggesting improvements to a game in alpha to add just a tad more realism to a simulator is such a bad thing. Flame elsewhere kiddo, we have grown things to discuss.

I know what MMO stands for, do you know what a MUD is without even Googling it? this is far from an MMO, is CoD an MMO? Is Battlefield an MMO? Nope and their servers host more players than any of the current servers for DayZ. Do these servers support 100+ players on them at any given time? Nope. Are these servers hosted by the company themselves? Nope, hosted by other people just like us. Far from an MMO.

As for the kiddo comment, I am far from a kiddo and "grown things to discuss"? Haha ok, you continue on in your fantasy land. I wasn't flaming anyone just stating that the way it was sounding was lets turn this from DayZ into that other game! I'm all for improvements but some of these suggestions are just silly and are MMOish.

Edited by kicktd

Tried joining for hours but nothing worked. Even though I patched to the latest Version, the game still tells me I'm running Day Z in a Bad Version. Guess we have to wait, sadly. :(

Tried joining for hours but nothing worked. Even though I patched to the latest Version, the game still tells me I'm running Day Z in a Bad Version. Guess we have to wait, sadly. :(

Theres a few I can get on not as many as normal, found it best to join through game not from the six updater list.

Good luck in finding some.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Picking up a gun, running round deathmatching is closer to CoD, than a sandbox MMO, as only 2-3 playstyles are viable.

CLAN pvp (ala Sacriel)

Lonewolf in the hills with ma pigs and ma bible.

Zerg Cherno axe deathmatch

Ghost recon sniper deathmatch.

I just want a zombie survival mod with real consequences. PvP at the moment has almost none for both parties.

• Like 2

I just want a zombie survival mod with real consequences. PvP at the moment has almost none for both parties.

Being killed and losing all of your gear isn't a real consequence?

I'm confused about which beta to use today..

95054?

There's like 3 new ones since then, but that seems to be the most popular on the server list atm.

Can a dev make a sticky post with the current supported beta version and keep it up to date, please?

(I'm looking at you Ander..) ;)

I'm confused about which beta to use today..

95054?

There's like 3 new ones since then, but that seems to be the most popular on the server list atm.

Can a dev make a sticky post with the current supported beta version and keep it up to date, please?

(I'm looking at you Ander..) ;)

If you are testing this game you should be using the latest one ;) I think Edited by playZ

If you are testing this game you should be using the latest one ;) I think

That would make perfect sense, if there were servers doing the same.

Thanks for the answer though. ;)