rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

There really needs to be one do it all installer or guidelines from the dev team. Now it's a beta patch a day not counting hotfixes etc. It's a mess right now.

• Like 1

So, me and my team logged in on our regular server where we have our camp and all our campingtents just disappeared. 8 in total filled with guns, ammo and medical supplies. Is this a known problem?

Happened to me as well. Logged in yesterday and both my tents were gone. At first I thought they were robbed and flattened (not sure if they disappear after they are flattened, or just stay there flat) so I went to two other camp sites I know, and they were also wiped.

I don't think the perceptive zombies would be so much of a problem if the amount and distribution of zombies in towns and cities was heavily randomised. That way you could have a load of zeds hanging around a certain part of a city while the rest of it is empty or nearly empty, or you could come across a town with just two zombies in it. Would also make the game more realistic, unpredictable and fun

I agree, if the "old" style zeds were returned aswell as the current "eagle eyed" zed then yes as it would be impossible to run through a town as you'd have 30 rather than 3 or 4 running after you.

I can only assume this "new" 'eagle eyed' zombie is a temporary thing / test.

There really needs to be one do it all installer or guidelines from the dev team. Now it's a beta patch a day not counting hotfixes etc. It's a mess right now.

eh Alpha :D

There is. SixUpdater

Hello,

I am getting a few different issues today after downloading the patch. Most common is "Wait for host." The other one says something about Battleye removing me cause of bad name? I am sure I am completed updated but unable to play now. Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

A friend of mine has the same problem with 1.7.2.3/94876. No matter what he picks up or drops, he always has the same stuff in the inventory/backpack when he logs in (M16a2, food, drink, tools).

Had this happened between the patches.

Found some stuff at a heli-crash. Logged out over the night.

Updated the latest patch. Logged in the day after. The stuff was gone.

For those saying 6updater is a "be-all" installer, no it's not.

If there was a single exe that installed the dayz files, and the current compatible beta, plus all the startup options/backup and replacing of the exe, things would be better.

That way, we would always have the proper beta, and the devs could include the best version with each update.

Basically, you download and install dayzinstaller_1.7.2.3.exe, it includes AO Beta 94876.

If a new beta is released, the DayZ team either uses it for their next build, or releases a rolling update with the fixes they have so far, including the current compatible beta.

That way, we don't need to worry about installing the beta, and the devs know that whatever version we have installed is the same for everyone across the board. It would be way better than 6updater because it would always be paired with the correct beta version.

Please do this. :)

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 3

LOL that made me laugh, I remember watching benny hill when I was a kid. Sometimes when trying to lose a horde of zombies it really looks like that vid.

Edited by sebastian.w

The update flatted my tents and stole my bike!!!! Damn you update I will have my vengeance!!!!!

For those saying 6updater is a "be-all" installer, no it's not.

If there was a single exe that installed the dayz files, and the current compatible beta, plus all the startup options/backup and replacing of the exe, things would be better.

That way, we would always have the proper beta, and the devs could include the best version with each update.

Basically, you download and install dayzinstaller_1.7.2.3.exe, it includes AO Beta 94876.

If a new beta is released, the DayZ team either uses it for their next build, or releases a rolling update with the fixes they have so far, including the current compatible beta.

That way, we don't need to worry about installing the beta, and the devs know that whatever version we have installed is the same for everyone across the board. It would be way better than 6updater because it would always be paired with the correct beta version.

Please do this. :)

+1 for my computer retarded friends so I don't need to walk them through each update.

Problems that affect me:

-Lots of items disappear upon reconnecting, mostly items in the bag.

-Items also tend to dissapear as soon as you drop them (making trading difficult).

-Time sync is incredibly off, reconnecting can set you back several hours ingame time, giving you a huge advantage.

-"Cleanup" doesnt seem to work on all servers. Some servers are unplayable due to massive fps lagg (the fps of your game is dependant somewhat on the serverside, dont tell me to buy a better pc).

-rubberbanding/rewinding. Sometimes my friends rewind 400-600m. They dont lose equipment, they are only moved back to a previous position (usually back into a town that we just left).

Features I would like to see:

-Some kind of innocent perk. Dayz gets less friendly every day that goes by, and beeing a bandit is expected. I would like to see a perk that non-bandit players have and then lose when they recive bandit status. It could be that you dont have to eat or drink as often, or that you can sprint slighly longer without losing your breath. Of course, the perk should not give any pvp advantages.

-More spawnpoints. Spawning in kamenka for the thirtieth time got me thinking, why arent there any spawns away from the coast? As it is now, if you meet someone in, lets say gorka, you know they got equipment because they made it that far.

-A new zombie type. Slowmoving but harder to kill. Just something to spice up pve somewhat.

Edited by Limo
  • Like 1

I swear when I see someone running from a horde of zeds THIS is exactly what it looks like and reminds me of. I can't help but think of that song every single time I see it, and I see it more often now.

My friends updates using six launcher

They have latest beta now too

So, good news for launcher users!

I'm pretty cumptarded (computarded?) and I've been able to figure this out... here is all you have to do EVERY time...

This assumes you have it installed already!

1) Upgrade your Arma2 Beta to the latest... how? Use Arma2 Launcher and it will have a button in "launch options" to get the latest beta. Download and update. Its self explanatory

2) Download ALL the files from the main page (I use the mirror, i dont torrent) to a desktop folder (I call mine DayZ Current)

3) Unzip ALL the files into the same directory

4) Delete all the old zip files (i think they are rar?)

5) Highlight ALL the files, select "Cut"

6) Paste them into your @DayZ folde and when it asks what to do... REPLACE the files

7) run game

takes me 5 minutes.

Hi, there is one "must-be-added-feature" - the confirmation dialog after clicking Respawn.

I was about to change the Video settings in Options and hit Respawn accidentally after days of playing!

Edited by jendabek

In regard to updating ... maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about but I run Six Updater and Six Launcher several times and I have the latest of everything installed -- the game works for me and that is all I have ever done.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems with BattleEye giving errors due to "Bad Player Name" when joining servers?

I also get an error about a bad version when trying to join other servers.

I am running Beta Patch 95054 seeing as that is what SixUpdater gave me, but it seems like most servers are running 95057.

Anyone have this problem, and possibly found solutions for it? :)

Is anyone else having problems with BattleEye giving errors due to "Bad Player Name" when joining servers?

I also get an error about a bad version when trying to join other servers.

I am running Beta Patch 95054 seeing as that is what SixUpdater gave me, but it seems like most servers are running 95057.

Anyone have this problem, and possibly found solutions for it? :)

I was having a problem with battleEye after updating to 95054. running the "Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA exe" fixed it.

Try updating or running that exe

I just ran Sixlauncher and it said my version of Arma2 was out of date. Apparently there's a new patch that came out. Maybe that will resolve the issue? Downloading att...

I was having a problem with battleEye after updating to 95054. running the "Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA exe" fixed it.

Try updating or running that exe

I can't seem to find that file anywhere.. Where did you get it?

I have looked at BattlEyes own website, but i can only get a .dll file there.