rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

manually upated to 1.7.2.3 and 94876 (from 1.7.1.5 and 94444)

no issues getting on a server with the correct versions. (I did notice a few servers that said they were updated to 1.7.2.3 but were were not.)

I can't comment on the gear as I was starting with a new character. Still waiting for the server with my camp to update and make it back there to see if my camp (tents and cars) is still there. It has disappeared and reappeared a few times since 1.7.2 came out.

Delete Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion/beta folder then simply just run the desired beta .exe

What you call "Beta folder" is "@Dayz" folder, right? :D

Can I update to 94876 through Six Updater? Or, do I have to do it manually. I am pretty rust when it comes to manually updating my files. Thanks! Very excited.

My experience with 6UPDATER is slim but i would assure you that it would automatically update the files to the LATEST build. So no, I don't think that's possible.

The manual process is pretty simple though, and nothing to be afraid of. Download 94876. Execute installer. Go to steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/beta and copy arma2oa.exe. Paste and replace in operation arrowhead folder (might wanna backup older .exe though) and that's it!

EDIT: yeah, pretty sure you have to delete your beta folder clean previous to executing the installer. Sorry!

When I try to install that Build 94876 it tells me 'Wrong CD Key'.

What do I do?

Ignore it and keep installing

Edited by Blade Runner

No, the BETA is connected to arma 2 OA, so not to DayZ in particular.

Follow the instructions as mentioned.

OK, I'll be playing this evening with a friend and just to clarify real quick: I see that Beta 94945 is the latest build available...so we shouldn't update to that, and should just stick with 94876 instead? Pretty much 1.7.2.3 is not working correctly with 94945, definitively?

If I was competent at this, I would already be a multi-millionare driving around in a lambo doing my best to get herpies.

Can I be your wingman? :rolleyes:

He means the beta folder. ^^

No, the BETA is connected to arma 2 OA, so not to DayZ in particular.

Follow the instructions as mentioned.

Asking cuz I have no "beta" folder, only a "Day Z" folder..

Kk I'm a retard, found it.

Edited by Eray

OK, I'll be playing this evening with a friend and just to clarify real quick: I see that Beta 94945 is the latest build available...so we shouldn't update to that, and should just stick with 94876 instead? Pretty much 1.7.2.3 is not working correctly with 94945, definitively?

Yes, that is correct. At least as of now. Maybe tomorrow you can play with 94945.

EDIT: the beta folder is in the "Expansion" folder mate!

Edited by Blade Runner

I'm running 1.7.2.3 & 94876 and I can log into servers running 1.7.2.3 just fine. At a -huge- performance decrease though. Until then, my frame rate was pretty smooth with the options I had toggled. However, now, it's in single digits unless I have Post Processes disabled completely, and even then it's pretty low.

Not sure if it's just me or not since people seem to be having no problems. Wasn't a server issue either because my main menu was lagging as well.

On the plus side, I was able to wear my ghillie suit.

I've gotten 94876 now but in Six Launcher it won't let me join a server unless I update...

What do I do now?

My experience with 6UPDATER is slim but i would assure you that it would automatically update the files to the LATEST build. So no, I don't think that's possible.

the Six Updater is using 94876

running 1.7.2.3 + 94786 (94878, according to SU)

loaded right in on my same char, but 2 others in my clan spawned on the coast. a quick death fixed that no problem.

everything seems fine with the update (drove from electro up north a ways with no problems, though i never aggroed any zombies).

the only 'problem' so far is it seems our military v3s has despawned. has this happened to anyone else? the same thing happened to our military offroad on 1.7.1.5, something i read others also had happen.

will post more later tonight after a proper group sesh...

Edited by ctrl-alt-DESTROY!

If I was competent at this, I would already be a multi-millionare driving around in a lambo doing my best to get herpies.

Man if you cant get herpes then you really ARE incompetent. :)

BTW i did everyting through six launcher with no probs. Even logged in with 1.7.2.2 got my character wiped.

But now under 1.7.2.3 everythings back and so far so good

Edited by playZ
  • Like 1

Those who "lost" your characters.

They weren't lost, they weren't transferred due to the change in PlayerID and PlayerUID. Vipeax is going to run the transfer query for me now... this will move those old characters who weren't listed with a playerUID (string) for those who "lost" their characters.

:huh: rocket - Is there anything I can PM you to try to figure out why my character didn't get transferred (still)?

I've gotten 94876 now but in Six Launcher it won't let me join a server unless I update...

What do I do now?

Don't join through Six Launcher. Do it by opening Combined Operations and browsing the servers in "Multiplayer"

(you might have to add a few parameters to your shortcut for the game to recognize both the beta patch and DayZ. This can be found here

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ#Make_a_shortcut_to_launch_ARMA2_Beta_with_Steam_Overlay_.28Optional.29

do not put on camo / ghillie suits. it will delete your shit.. also you cant pick stuff up once you have the suits on. i cant take shit out of my tent.

Don't join through Six Launcher. Do it by opening Combined Operations and browsing the servers in "Multiplayer"

(you might have to add a few parameters to your shortcut for the game to recognize both the beta patch and DayZ. This can be found here

http://dayzwiki.com/..._.28Optional.29

I looked there to but all of the servers had a big red X next to them and wouldn't allow me to join.

No, i don't think so. It's the folder were the beta addon is for arma 2. For me is in C: program files/bohemia interactive/arma2/expansion/beta

I looked there to but all of the servers had a big red X next to them and wouldn't allow me to join.

Pretty sure you can go in six launcher / options / and uncheck "update beta patch (otehrwise leaves the beta alone"

Edited by Eray