rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.3 Rolling Update

"Bad version, Server rejected connection."

That's been my gameplay experience since yesterday.

I updated and back-downgraded BE manually. I've uninstalled BE and let the beta patches install it (tried 95054, 95099 and 95168) from scratch. I've deleted the beta folder and reinstalled all the beta versions, none of which solved it.

I've tried different servers. Most will say "Bad version, server rejected connection.", others will say I was kicked because BE was not responding (at least I got past the lobby).

Did I miss something or am I magically fucked in some different kind of way than everyone else?

Edited by Athrins

So your Zombies just stand around? They don't even move around?

That is correct. They are broken and zombies are far too easy now.

We need alot more of them and this memory leak fixed :)

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a fix for bodies disappearing if someone logs out/alt+F4's as soon as they die? I was in the main part of a market with NVGs at night, see a flashlight sweep the glass wall in front of me and I know someone is in the back room area, sneak back there and see someone looting, put 2 SD shots into their head, they drop down dead, murder count ticks up 1, dead player flies sound...body sinks immediately into the floor as the person alt+F4'ed out as soon as they died so no looting of that person for me! I thought this was suppose to be fixed already? Sucks to kill someone just for them to be able to alt+F4 out and not allow you to loot their body.

Maybe if people like you didn't go around murdering everyone you saw people wouldn't get so frustrated when they die/actively want to deny bandits loot. Do what you will, but don't expect people to take it lying down. Some want to play a game and just have plain bad luck and get murdered. A lot. I lke the danger but when everyone tries to murder you it does get tedious. It's a game so the world won't end(buh-dun-dun-dsh) but still, I stopped spawning on the south coast/went to empty servers because I was tired of bandits killing me for my painkillers and bandages every time I spawned or camping super markets. I get that that could happen, I like checking around and such, but random simple things like a bandit spawning in or sitting on a hill with a 50 is most taxing. Besides, on a server with only a handful of people is a lot more exhilerating when they could be anywhere, where as a server with 40 people I hear gunfire constantly.

• Like 2

Line of Sight!!!

Stay out of it and you will not be seen.

Have you people never played hide and seek before? Did you ever walk in front of the person looking for you? If you did were you surprised when they saw you? Even from 50-100m away?

It is possible to sneak around but you have to be patient and sometimes do a massive arc to get to your target. The old method of being able to crawl past a Zed in broad daylight from 5m away was BS.

There are still issues, sure, but in my opinion it is slowly getting there.

If you want easy street where the Zeds are blind and deaf, play the game at night.

You've missed the point and as re 5meters away you still can, the only zombie that notices you is the random "eagle eyed" one 100's of meters away.

Before this sneaking was essential and any zed could become aggroed if you aggrovated them, not I have looted items on the floor that zeds were stood on !!! (think the shed in zeleno where the bike often spawns, if no bike 2 zeds spawn in there, so what just sneak up to them and loot away).

Consider this when talking about zombies being able to see you because you can see them.

Q. How do they know "what" you are at 100+ meters distance? They are zombies with sever mental deterioration, surely they'd get aggrovated by other zombies as well in that instance? You'd see them running left and right to attack each other in this scenario surely?

Obviously that shouldn't be the case.

They should become aggrovated when.... aggrovated - this is what triggers their base instincts, animal instincts. Just as a lion, tiger, bear, oh my, might see you from a distance but it won't blindly attack, it may investigate. It would most likely however attack when startled or aggrovated. This is what is wanted. Along with zombies investigating noise.

Don't get me wrong, I want difficulty, I want to sneak around for hours (especially having spent too many running from town to town) as it used to be with zeds using hearing and as close to realistic aggro mechanics but there is little point if a zombie has a randomised chance of eagle eye aggro coupled with Line of Sight through minute gaps in terrain which you have no chance of seeing, you might as well abandond sneaking as it has now become a gamble.

Why waste 30 minutes sneaking past nearby zombies to have 1 zoom in from accross a field that was through some bushes, maybe the opposite side of a building but caught a fraction of a second glimpse of you but you had absolutely no chance of seeing therefor no chance to avoid starteling it?

Surely this is a broke mechanic?

• Like 2

, on 19 July 2012 - 05:47 PM, said: Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a fix for bodies disappearing if someone logs out/alt+F4's as soon as they die? I was in the main part of a market with NVGs at night, see a flashlight sweep the glass wall in front of me and I know someone is in the back room area, sneak back there and see someone looting, put 2 SD shots into their head, they drop down dead, murder count ticks up 1, dead player flies sound...body sinks immediately into the floor as the person alt+F4'ed out as soon as they died so no looting of that person for me! I thought this was suppose to be fixed already? Sucks to kill someone just for them to be able to alt+F4 out and not allow you to loot their body.

Maybe if people like you didn't go around murdering everyone you saw people wouldn't get so frustrated when they die/actively want to deny bandits loot. Do what you will, but don't expect people to take it lying down. Some want to play a game and just have plain bad luck and get murdered. A lot. I lke the danger but when everyone tries to murder you it does get tedious. It's a game so the world won't end(buh-dun-dun-dsh) but still, I stopped spawning on the south coast/went to empty servers because I was tired of bandits killing me for my painkillers and bandages every time I spawned or camping super markets. I get that that could happen, I like checking around and such, but random simple things like a bandit spawning in or sitting on a hill with a 50 is most taxing. Besides, on a server with only a handful of people is a lot more exhilerating when they could be anywhere, where as a server with 40 people I hear gunfire constantly.

I agree, if i get shot by a murderer (a bandit dosen't kill, he steals) then the last thing I want to do is happily give him my stuff, I instantly think "f you" i'm alt-f4 ing asap so you get sod all, a55hole.

The funny thing is this murderer is in the f'ing supermarket! with a top notch weapon! he doesnot need the items,!! he's just being a friggin Call of Duty moron, he wants to loot bodies?? for what? more like wants to piss on the body and gloat.

You got you "kill count" now pi55 off.

All I can say is Sod off! I will Alt-F4 all day long and when thats removed I'll force quit someother way and if thats removed i'll pull the f'ing plug out the wall!!! :D

Come on, you killed me, most likely for no reason, what the f do you expect?

IF people ONLY killed others because they were starving etc then I'd say ok.

This has been discussed to death, I've suggested that there be an actual "stand & deliver" mechanic, where you could hold someone up (similar to a bear trap but instead the victim can not shoot or escape until let free) maybe there could be an escape attempt mechanic where you bash away on Left/Right until the "rope" snaps but you risk being shot.

At least that gives an option and I'd imagine would be a HELL of a lot more skillful to track someone down and sneak up on them to activate this hold up mech.

The other deterant to cold blooded murder would be a "psycho" meter similar to the blood loss screen, it gets more black & white the more you kill, you regain colour when giving blood transfusions or similar.

PvP should only be activated when a person has either the water or food icon flashing, this would add a false realistic necessity which a lot of idiots seem to lack. Of course many murders will butt clench and cry over this but fuck 'em, they ruin my fun.

Edited by Turk
  • Like 1

I agree, if i get shot by a murderer (a bandit dosen't kill, he steals) then the last thing I want to do is happily give him my stuff, I instantly think "f you" i'm alt-f4 ing asap so you get sod all, a55hole.

Come on ,you killed me, most likely for no reason, what the f do you expect?

IF people ONLY killed others because they were starving etc then I'd say ok.

This has been discussed to death, I've suggested that there be an actual "stand & deliver" mechanic, where you could hold someone up (similar to a bear trap but instead the victim can not shoot or escape until let free) maybe there could be an escape attempt mechanic where you bash away on Left/Right until the "rope" snaps but you risk being shot.

At least that gives an option and I'd imagine would be a HELL of a lot more skillful to track someone down and sneak up on them to activate this hold up mech.

The other deterant to cold blooded murder would be a "psycho" meter similar to the blood loss screen, it gets more black & white the more you kill, you regain colour when giving blood transfusions or similar.

PvP should only be activated when a person has either the water or food icon flashing, this would add a false realistic necessity which a lot of idiots seem to lack. Of course many murders will butt clench and cry over this but fuck 'em, they ruin my fun.

I agree with a lot of this. The hold up would be hard, limiting shoot might get tricky because if you get shot at but you're not flashing and can't shoot, could be a problem.

Anyway. It's just that it is SO easy to survive without murdering people. There is literally no reason to kill people unless it is self-defense. This isn't a training simulation so we aren't scored or what have you, it is a game that people want to play and have fun, have some courtesy. These so called "Bandits" are just murderers. I remember when Bandit meant something other than a DayZ troll. So until resources are actually scarce and worth killing over, I.E. even shooting at a fresh spawned player might be risky because you only have a handfull of rounds left, and that there might be nearby Zeds that are actually dangerous because you have almost no medical supplies, give a little leway. Let people play and explore.

Murder is not cute, or funny. It's messy and traumatic. Game or not.

It's still a game in the early stages of development so I already stopped caring about what I just wrote because its still fun to play.

ALSO, I think having Non-PVP servers would be really fun. I would like to run around and rescue new players and show them the ropes and such, and not get my face murdered instantly. That or add "Hardcore" Servers where you have a seperate dedicated inventory and resources are extremely scarce.

Edited by Yeti
  • Like 1

I am a friendly survivor.

And I love bandits and murderers. They make my game so much intense.

Stop trying to force YOUR playstyle on this sandbox game.

Just FIX THE DISCONNECTING ISSUE. If thats fixed, then bandits and murderers WILL be more cautious for they won't have any escape joker.

Edited by RastaKoueR
  • Like 1

still periodically getting stuck on load screen, only one certain servers, and retrying to join will sometimes allow me to get in that server.

I cant believe people still discuss pvp.. Get over it! And make no mistake: if pvp is taken out / reduced / toggled / somehow fucked with, this game looses ALL the danger there is.

Zombis do NOT make this game scary. Zombis do not make you play carefully. You can run through any village or town, shoot wildly into the air and aggro every zombi there is.. and you can loose

them all again without loosing a single point of health and shooting any of them.

People are what make playing this game dangerous (ok.. sometimes stairs.. or doors.. or ladders.. ).

If you want to have a taste what it feels like when pvp is taken out, just load up the editor of arma2, place yourself anywhere on the map of chenarus and press "play".

• Like 4

still periodically getting stuck on load screen, only one certain servers, and retrying to join will sometimes allow me to get in that server.

+1. I don't even understand anymore, all these different beta patches coming out daily.. I've no clue which one to actually use.

the amount of empty tin cans is too damn high!

Maybe if people like you didn't go around murdering everyone you saw people wouldn't get so frustrated when they die/actively want to deny bandits loot. Do what you will, but don't expect people to take it lying down.

rocket has said himself PvP IS PART OF THE GAME, get use to to it and don't force your "I'm gonna alt+F4 because you killed me and now I'm all sad" views on the rest of us. This person wasn't a starter n00b and was someone with a gun and loaded out. I don't kill people I see without weapons etc. and I'm not going to walk up to someone WITH a weapon hoping they won't shoot me first while I try and "steal" their stuff. Get use to it, in a world where things have gone to shit, people WILL kill other people for stuff, even if it's just "pain killers" etc. Disconnecting to avoid death/not allow anyone to loot your gear is to me an exploit and a bug and needs to be fixed. I'm decked out in gear but if I get shot and die, am I going to alt+F4 or rage quit to avoid the person who killed me from looting my body? NO. I'm going to take it like a man, respawn and start over. That's ALL PART OF THE GAME, force quitting so no one can loot your corpse is not part of the game and is an exploit/bug abuse.

I've died to other bandits tons of times and I just accept it as part of the game. That's how it is. If you don't want to die to another player, well there is always single player or you can go play around in the editor/armory if you want to not die to another player.

I cant believe people still discuss pvp.. Get over it! And make no mistake: if pvp is taken out / reduced / toggled / somehow fucked with, this game looses ALL the danger there is.

Zombis do NOT make this game scary. Zombis do not make you play carefully. You can run through any village or town, shoot wildly into the air and aggro every zombi there is.. and you can loose

them all again without loosing a single point of health and shooting any of them.

People are what make playing this game dangerous (ok.. sometimes stairs.. or doors.. or ladders.. ).

If you want to have a taste what it feels like when pvp is taken out, just load up the editor of arma2, place yourself anywhere on the map of chenarus and press "play".

Miss the point much?

Original point was people altf4 ing to prevent murderers looting your body. I say f'ck em, if they shot me i'll alt f4 all day long.

But they aren't shooting you for items (food, weapons) when camping the f'ing supermarket full of food when they have a stanag or some other top weapon, they are just killing for kill count, zzz. If people were actually starving thats ok, thats within the spirit of the game.

The suggestion was to not remove pvp but to give an alternative to thoose who actualy wanted to loot players without killing them.

I'd happily hand over my gun, food, meds etc if i could survive, a form of being able to hold someone up would be extremely welcome imho. But i'm not ignorant to the fact theres a lot of bored people who find it fun to kill someone for the sake of it, I don't condone it but I agree it adds a huge cautious element to when entering the large towns.

I'd like to be able to hunt someone, steal their stuff but not kill them.

As it is i only shoot when shot at.

ALSO, I think having Non-PVP servers would be really fun. I would like to run around and rescue new players and show them the ropes and such, and not get my face murdered instantly. That or add "Hardcore" Servers where you have a seperate dedicated inventory and resources are extremely scarce.

Non-PvP servers at this stage of the alpha would be useless honestly. It's WAY too easy right now to just loot towns without having to worry about the zeds, so what's the point of non-PvP servers? Yeah sure I mean I understand your point not everyone wants to die to other players but I mean come on, at this stage PvE is so easy it's like taking a stroll through the park with no risk invovled and nothing but reward. I don't even fear the zeds in their current state, I feared them more back in 1.7.1.5 and below than I do now. Right now I can crouch run through a town and aggro 3 maybe 4 zeds total the whole time I'm in the town. I fear other people more than I do the zeds, just like I would in a REAL zombie apocalypse situation. Yeah I'd worry about the zeds, but I'd be more worried about the other people roaming around gathering supplies who WILL kill for it.

Miss the point much?

Original point was people altf4 ing to prevent murderers looting your body. I say f'ck em, if they shot me i'll alt f4 all day long.

But they aren't shooting you for items (food, weapons) when camping the f'ing supermarket full of food when they have a stanag or some other top weapon, they are just killing for kill count, zzz.

I wasn't camping the supermarket, I was gathering supplies when I noticed someone was in there with me WITH WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT I planned on looting. I have a grand total of 2 murders now, so I guess that makes me so evil I've killed 2 people! I don't camp anywhere actually and the guy surprised me more than anything and for all I know was a server hopper as I had closed all the doors and none of them were open so chances are this was just some server hopper. So go back to your care bear fantasy land and alt+F4'ing every time you die because you can't handle being killed. If you don't like being killed go join an empty server and see how much fun you can have!

rocket has said himself PvP IS PART OF THE GAME, get use to to it and don't force your "I'm gonna alt+F4 because you killed me and now I'm all sad" views on the rest of us. This person wasn't a starter n00b and was someone with a gun and loaded out. I don't kill people I see without weapons etc. and I'm not going to walk up to someone WITH a weapon hoping they won't shoot me first while I try and "steal" their stuff. Get use to it, in a world where things have gone to shit, people WILL kill other people for stuff, even if it's just "pain killers" etc. Disconnecting to avoid death/not allow anyone to loot your gear is to me an exploit and a bug and needs to be fixed. I'm decked out in gear but if I get shot and die, am I going to alt+F4 or rage quit to avoid the person who killed me from looting my body? NO. I'm going to take it like a man, respawn and start over. That's ALL PART OF THE GAME, force quitting so no one can loot your corpse is not part of the game and is an exploit/bug abuse.

I've died to other bandits tons of times and I just accept it as part of the game. That's how it is. If you don't want to die to another player, well there is always single player or you can go play around in the editor/armory if you want to not die to another player.

Theres the difference WE DON'T KILL FOR THE SAKE OF IT, you do so you accept handing over your stuff.

"DON'T FORCE YOUR PLAY STYLE ON OTHERS" you cry yet in the same sentance insist others should play as you.

Alt f4 all day, deal with it. After all you are camping a supermarket with top notch weapons, you didn't need food or weapons in the 1st place.

If you did I'd give them if you asked. You know like in the real world where we haven't been reduced to animals.

I wasn't camping the supermarket, I was gathering supplies when I noticed someone was in there with me WITH WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT I planned on looting. I have a grand total of 2 murders now, so I guess that makes me so evil I've killed 2 people! I don't camp anywhere actually and the guy surprised me more than anything and for all I know was a server hopper as I had closed all the doors and none of them were open so chances are this was just some server hopper. So go back to your care bear fantasy land and alt+F4'ing every time you die because you can't handle being killed. If you don't like being killed go join an empty server and see how much fun you can have!

You said it was dark and you saw their flashlight in the other room!! You then decided to kill them, If i see someone I avoid them I don't decide to kill them in the hopes they may have something i want. Re read what you wrote before saying they had items you wanted, what bs, you could only tell what weapon they had and you say you had already had a quality gun. (aswell as NVG! nothing about "i saw he had blah blah i wanted it" more like "i saw his torch, i decided to kill him."

If theres was an option to either knock him out or hold him up would you have taken that choice? (a safe option that guarenteed you could search through his stuff, take what you like and then leave with a gap of a set amount of time before he can follow. Would you rather "mug" someone or would you prefer to kill for the sake of "maybe he has some beans (as the supermarket obviousaly has none)"??

Anyway we disagree on 1 part of a game, no big deal, not much point continuing this is there?

Edited by Turk

Damn... I updated to 95168 and now I can't join either 95054/95099 servers!!!

And I can't rollback too because old installers tell me my version is newer.

Is there a way to force the rollback?

Please help me!!

Damn... I updated to 95168 and now I can't join either 95054/95099 servers!!!

And I can't rollback too because old installers tell me my version is newer.

Is there a way to force the rollback?

Please help me!!

You need to delete the Beta folder in the Expansions folder then reapply the update you want.

See page twelftysix of this thread, its mentioned there or http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Edited by Turk

So i see the ghillie says "fixed" but i hear rumors that if you log off with it on, you still lose the ghillie suit ? is this true?

This isn't a PvP discussion thread, this is about the latest patch. Let's keep it that way.

Twice during this patch I've re-spawned on the coast upon log in with the gear i had before(essentially transported to the coast).

I've heard of worse things happening, but it's pretty inconvenient to be teleported thousands of kilometers away from where you were.

Maybe if people like you didn't go around murdering everyone you saw people wouldn't get so frustrated when they die/actively want to deny bandits loot. Do what you will, but don't expect people to take it lying down.

or maybe you shouldn't consider getting killed in a game with guns an act worthy of denying someone your loot through exploits? how in the hell did your noob brain decide that using an exploit is a justified response to getting owned by a bandit, a legitimate game class even mentioned on your hud?

if your gonna alt+f4 at least say, "I alt+f4'ed becuase im angry that i got owned". dont try to hide behind some fake morality, oh no i was murdered by a big bad bandit!

Turk sorry to add to this debate but I think you're wrong, and actually YOU are the scourge that plagues dayz atm.

The guy was geared in a supermarket for whatever reason it was, the simple fact is even if he didn't need the guy's loot he was a threat (NVG's, coyote, mil grade weps etc make you a target... fact) the idea of actually robbing a player with a mechanic or not is just simply taking a risk that doesn't need to be taken, If he had high level gear all he's doing is protecting his investment and making sure HE survives (which is the point of the game.) the other player (unlucky as he was to be where he was at the time he was) was unfortunately just the looser in this scenario ... in other words this story could be in a separate thread titled "OMG I JUST GOT PHAT LEWTS OF NAB X IN SUPERMARKET Y"

Seriously though Turk I don't know where you play or what kind of a team you roll with but if I EVER see you're name show up you're going down first because I know what will happen if I shoot your buddy ... fucking pussy ... /rant

EDIT: Sorry I know this is the patch thread but when I see some derp kid justifying alt f4'ing because of an ASSUMPTION he's made I get a bit upset ... for me it's the only thing actively "ruining" my experience ... in a way I see this as relevant to this thread.

Edited by Goosey
  • Like 1

So i see the ghillie says "fixed" but i hear rumors that if you log off with it on, you still lose the ghillie suit ? is this true?

Could someone please answer this. I am wondering about it myself. Haven't found a ghillie/camo in a while but it would be good to know if working.