Yeung-Jin

How Do You Initially Gear Up?

So, you've just died and spawned on the beach, with nothing on your person. How do you guys go about getting the initial gear you need to survive, like a handgun, backpack, hunting gear etc.

The way that I've found quickest is to forgo any scavenging at all, run to Cherno and find a gun, any gun, and try to kill another player who's either been scavenging or has come to cherno to pvp with military loot. It doesn't always work of course, and I die a lot, but it's the most fun and quickly rewarding.

Edited by Yeung-Jin

ya i usually just get a lee enfield and shoot a sniper on electros snipers hill or like at cherno apratments on thats hill and im like instantly geared with NVGs as50 etc..

I've always run to Berezino during an off-peak time but I think next time I die i'm going to try to find a griefer to axe murder.

Well.... I like spawning near chern.... Because i play with a friend and he likes to fall a lot... we grab blood bags and morphine. Grab as much food and water bottles as possible. Hunting knife and backpack if possible. And usually you can only find basic weapon. 1866 winchester with slugs is nice, and a .45 is what i have generally. If you dont have the option shotgun. Hachet. Box of matches....

Then basically you have enough water food and ammo to survive for a while, plus when you kill animals, you cook that meat. And always fill your water and drink. Then start heading towards middle of map.

Nearest medium-high value farm building. Works every time.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I always hit a few houses and a farm building, then immediately head north to deer stands. If you can get a hatchet in one of the barns/industrial buildings your set.

Sprint through Elektro and hit it in this order:

- Firestation

- Supermarket

- Office block

- FIrestation 2

Pretty much will get everything you need except a hatchet which can be found easily elsewhere.

Run north from wherever i spawn and hit every deer stand on the way until i have a decent primary and secondary then i head back into town for medical supplies.

run to the outskirts of the nearest town. look for buildings you can enter. scavenge them till i have 1 food and 1 drink and whatever else happens to be in loot piles, head inland looking for deer stands and barns to get weapons. after that, plans vary.

My favorite is the northwest end of Elektro, I often respawn until I'm close to this area. I seem to find the best starting gear there just walking through all of the buildings. Cherno I've gotten lucky with too, as well as Balota. I try not to kill anyone on the coast. It's usually unproductive because I rarely get anything worth it and it alerts other players/zeds.

If it's in a city like elektro, I haul ass around until I find a makaroni, then head for the general store. If there's some sad sap in the general store with his mind on the loot instead of the door, I pop him (if he doesn't respond to my "ARE YOU FRIENDLY!?") and boom, instant survival gear

Northwestern Cherno. Safe approach, hospital, cluster of four apartment buildings. Hatchets available across the street in the industrial zone.

LOL. Yeah, getting a Lee-Enfield and ambushing a sniper on Elektro can be a hilariously quick way to gain a whole bunch of top gear at the very beginning. It's especially great since a good shot eliminates any chance for them to disconnect. Try not to shoot that gun from within the city though, or else you'll have a whole bunch of other problems at hand.

If you don't want to go fishing for bandit snipers, a good way to do it is through experience; everybody has their preference on looting, but after you die a few times and find your favorite places, you'll get good at running loot at your own pace.

Run through Cherno and Elektro picking up supplies, then head north to my camp. I don't care if I die at that point tbh. I'm not a bandit, but I will cap players who are blatantly hunting noobs or sniping.

depending on where I spawn, I just rush to a decent loot building and in the process usually get shot. :P

If I'm west of Elektro, grab a hatchet usually at the train stations and bee-line to the Cherno tents/hospital. Get morphine and bandages, slip past the snipers, head north.

If I'm east of Elektro, head up to Berezino and hit the hospital/stores/aparments. It's a longer trip, but Elektro gets me killed more often than not.

Make my way to Berizino visiting barns on the way there for axe, shotgun/lee enfield (CZ if im lucky), hunting knife. In Berizino loot deer stands for an AK or something, check market place for alice and food/water, hospital for med supplies then I head up north back to camp :D

I have loads of wepons back at camp but when i start again i get sudden confidence and im not scared to die, usually visit the NWAF on my first day. I like to see how long I can survive at a time, think the longest is 4 days, died due to a glitch tho :/ (Logged in and got instantly killed with 12k blood, was in the middle of nowhere too).

I'm really liking the variety, after I made this thread I thought, that was stupid, everyone just goes to cherno or elektro.

Run to the closest town, not caring for aggro. If there are stables, I go through them and look for any weapon. If there are none, no problem: The zeds are "trapped" inside. If there is one? Kill the zeds, loot soda and cans from the corpses (best with axes). Repeat until I have both a pistol and a main weapon + sufficient amount of food, then proceed more stealthily inland, heading for NE airfield, ignoring players.

Another tactic that I've found works really fast is to get a bunch of zombies on you in cherno and then just sprint around until you grab somebody's attention then ditch the train on them. You can just sprint in and out and be geared up

Follow the coast NE get to NEAF once there loot the Tower/Hangers then head down to Krasnostav's market.

Doing that almost always gives me 1 rifle/pistol, food, water and some bandages.

If I am with someone else i will go to Berezino and loot the 2 markets and the hospital for medical supply's then the follow the 1st steps.

Edited by Kovah