rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

If you have any sort of facts whatsoever, then it wouldn't be realistic at all. I mean that players already put bounties on people, and request kill screenshots. In your daily life you don't have an indicator on your face, advertising whether or not you are a person that has a low tolerance to other people.

That's a lie though. For example, a person that kills for the first time another person will have some psychic problems, if he's not mentally ill already. He would probably need antidepressants to take it. Would you include that? The fact that a player can turn into a puddle of tears because he killed another player? Not to mention that if you find a person starving, he will show signs of it, being a threat to you. No, the game can't display many details that on real life matter a lot. So it has to take artificial measures to help it.

• Like 1

Right now it is too easy to get the tag and too easy to remove it. just stash your stuff, get killed, recover your stuff. Here is a thought on how to make the bandit tag usefull. Of corse, the pk'ers won't like this because they only want things that give them an advantage.

Require a count of something like 10 to become a full bandit. Maybe latter add something that is a step that way at 5. And don't count bandit kills if you are not a bandit. Also, if they shot you first within the last ~minute, it doesn't count against you but if you die, it does count against them.

Maybe add a timer between kills. If you play hours every night and only kill 1 player a week at most, are you really a bandit/pk'er? Maybe require somethnig like 10hours of game time between kills to have it not count. Some way to reduce how much it counts against you the longer you can go without a non-bandit kill.

Don't wipe the pk count on death, only remove 1 from the count on death.

Also could a a time factor to remove counts just as a time factor would prevent counts. going 15 hours of game time without a pk reduces your count by 1.

Getting the count below 10 would not remove bandit status. You woud need to get below ~5 for it to clear at least if not all the way to 0.

I bet you have to actually skin other players to get their skin....

I have lots of humanity now so I guess I'll shoot anyone in a ghillie or "towel head" on sight :) - heroes don't need ghillie suits (they don't need to hide) .

I still don't get why I would go from 2500 humanity to 250 for putting on camo clothing I find. Does it automatically assume I want to kill people if I wear clothing to blend in while in the forest?

I still don't get why I would go from 2500 humanity to 250 for putting on camo clothing I find.

AFAIK this is just a bug, if you log out and in again your humanity should be back to normal IIRC.

Why not just remove full loot? I mean thats what everyone is really really worried about. Give your pack items a percentage to be dropped and lootable but make equiped items non lootable. If you want a certain gun, get off your ass and go find it.

Also full loot is extreme since there are tons of bugs that can get you killed and at the same time we still have a hacker problem.

Edited by HannibalLamb

Why not just remove full loot? I mean thats what everyone is really really worried about. Give your pack items a percentage to be dropped and lootable but make equiped items non lootable. If you want a certain gun, get off your ass and go find it.

Also full loot is extreme since there are tons of bugs that can get you killed and at the same time we still have a hacker problem.

Honestly the more I play lately the more I see that the real problem is not so much that people are killing others for loot, its that people are just killing for the sake of killing. There seem to be far more "bandits" that only play for pvp and totally ignore the survival and exploration aspects of the game. They spawn and go immediately seek out a player to kill and maybe take what gear he has, then they go somewhere like Cherno or Elektro and get better weapons and just set out to kill as many other players as they can, maybe not even moving from that location. They dont think of themselves as "survivers", they think of themselves as pk'ers and pvp'ers. Its kind of disapointing that the community has gotten to the point that there are so many people who only play to grief other players.

The other day I started a new character and spawned close to Elektro but further down the coast, and not even near a town or any buildings and even though I was not really in that "pvp zone", as I ran up into the tree line to get off the coast I passed by a Ghillie Sniper with an AS50 that was up in the hills with his sights trained on the coast, camping and trying to kill fresh spawns. There is no "banditry" in that, fresh spawned characters have absolutely nothing that a person who is geared like that can use. That is just a person sitting up there in the middle of nowhere killing defenseless players to grief them.

• Like 5

Honestly the more I play lately the more I see that the real problem is not so much that people are killing others for loot, its that people are just killing for the sake of killing. There seem to be far more "bandits" that only play for pvp and totally ignore the survival and exploration aspects of the game. They spawn and go immediately seek out a player to kill and maybe take what gear he has, then they go somewhere like Cherno or Elektro and get better weapons and just set out to kill as many other players as they can, maybe not even moving from that location. They dont think of themselves as "survivers", they think of themselves as pk'ers and pvp'ers. Its kind of disapointing that the community has gotten to the point that there are so many people who only play to grief other players.

The other day I started a new character and spawned close to Elektro but further down the coast, and not even near a town or any buildings and even though I was not really in that "pvp zone", as I ran up into the tree line to get off the coast I passed by a Ghillie Sniper with an AS50 that was up in the hills with his sights trained on the coast, camping and trying to kill fresh spawns. There is no "banditry" in that, fresh spawned characters have absolutely nothing that a person who is geared like that can use. That is just a person sitting up there in the middle of nowhere killing defenseless players to grief them.

It's part of the game. If you don't like it, don't loot Elektro or Cherno. Loot small towns, hoof it to Berezino. Something like that, everyone knows Cherno and Elektro are killboxes. You -can- get your loot and get out, and you -can- get killed. High Risk, High Reward.

If you think for one minute that when the entire system of Laws, Rules, and Enforcement of those was crushed by a massive emergency like this, that people wouldn't be killing each other just for the kicks and giggles you're not ready for the Apocalypse. If you don't want people trying to kill you, you suck at surviving anyways. Zombies are very easy to deal with, if there was no pvp, for the sake of pvp this game would have been fun to me for 3 minutes.

It's part of the game. If you don't like it, don't loot Elektro or Cherno. Loot small towns, hoof it to Berezino. Something like that, everyone knows Cherno and Elektro are killboxes. You -can- get your loot and get out, and you -can- get killed. High Risk, High Reward.

If you think for one minute that when the entire system of Laws, Rules, and Enforcement of those was crushed by a massive emergency like this, that people wouldn't be killing each other just for the kicks and giggles you're not ready for the Apocalypse. If you don't want people trying to kill you, you suck at surviving anyways. Zombies are very easy to deal with, if there was no pvp, for the sake of pvp this game would have been fun to me for 3 minutes.

Well if its part of the game to grief others, and spawn camp them to the point they dont even want to play anymore i dont see this game going far as a standalone.

Im all for PVP, but someone with a 50 cal. camping spawn zones on the coast isnt banditry. Its simple douchebaggitry. I have resorted to banditry once, i was low on health and food, asked a guy if he had food, he said yes but it was his last can. I waited for him to turn his back and bashed his skull in with my hatchet. Told him it was nothing personal. Just needed to eat. I didnt go back and camp him while he spawned again. Matter of fact i didnt even see him again the entire session.

But when you sit there and camp spawns its a whole nother thing. I watched my friend play and he got spawn camped over and over by a chopper. Dead before his screen loaded his position. This isnt fun. He also quit the game btw and he and i played darkfall together for 2 years. So hes not a carebear.

Its turning the the point where you see newbie chars going to empty servers to gear up and meet others. Sad thing is, there are more and more empty servers. Wonder why.

I do agree with no pvp the game will get boring. But i say we give new spawns a 10-20 sec invul timer. Enough time to get to cover or the tree line. Pvp needs to be balanced. Also like i said, most people get pissed over the fact they loose all there shit when they die. Hell sometimes i even log off when i lose a ton of good gear. I log back on later and go back to it. But if you only lost a few items, or your backpack when you died then i think the harsh reality of the game will ease up abit.

Well if its part of the game to grief others, and spawn camp them to the point they dont even want to play anymore i dont see this game going far as a standalone.

Im all for PVP, but someone with a 50 cal. camping spawn zones on the coast isnt banditry. Its simple douchebaggitry. I have resorted to banditry once, i was low on health and food, asked a guy if he had food, he said yes but it was his last can. I waited for him to turn his back and bashed his skull in with my hatchet. Told him it was nothing personal. Just needed to eat. I didnt go back and camp him while he spawned again. Matter of fact i didnt even see him again the entire session.

But when you sit there and camp spawns its a whole nother thing. I watched my friend play and he got spawn camped over and over by a chopper. Dead before his screen loaded his position. This isnt fun. He also quit the game btw and he and i played darkfall together for 2 years. So hes not a carebear.

Its turning the the point where you see newbie chars going to empty servers to gear up and meet others. Sad thing is, there are more and more empty servers. Wonder why.

I do agree with no pvp the game will get boring. But i say we give new spawns a 10-20 sec invul timer. Enough time to get to cover or the tree line. Pvp needs to be balanced. Also like i said, most people get pissed over the fact they loose all there shit when they die. Hell sometimes i even log off when i lose a ton of good gear. I log back on later and go back to it. But if you only lost a few items, or your backpack when you died then i think the harsh reality of the game will ease up abit.

Being a fresh spawn doesn't give you immunity. Run North as soon as you spawn. Go to other cities, avoid Cherno and Elektro. No worries about people with .50s. Almost 0% chance of seeing a sniper by Kamenka/Solnichy etc, unless they get the coast spawn bug.

Being a fresh spawn doesn't give you immunity. Run North as soon as you spawn. Go to other cities, avoid Cherno and Elektro. No worries about people with .50s. Almost 0% chance of seeing a sniper by Kamenka/Solnichy etc, unless they get the coast spawn bug.

No kidding, reread my post.

If you think for one minute that when the entire system of Laws, Rules, and Enforcement of those was crushed by a massive emergency like this, that people wouldn't be killing each other just for the kicks and giggles you're not ready for the Apocalypse. If you don't want people trying to kill you, you suck at surviving anyways.

Dude you must be out of your mind if you think, that during any kind of apocalypse people would spend hard to get ammo to kill folks just for giggles. Or do you think folks would "shit" .50 Cal bullets as not to care how they spend them?

Yea there would be some psychopats, but such fools that would waste their ammo on random people without any valuable stuff, would be killed in the end anyway since bullets do not grow on trees.

Also what does "If you don't want people trying to kill you, you suck at surviving anyways." mean?

Are you trying to press your mindset on other people? Maybe they like to explore, get some stuff, help fellow survivor, fight some zombies and such. Only thing that I can agree with you is, that zombies are not very big of threat and that is simply wrong, because they should be biggest enemy.

I'm bit sad that this mod has degenerated into deathmatch with some zombies in the background, but there is a hope yet.

Rocket did not add every feature he plans to, so in the end, we might get a game that is really about SURVIVAL and not about killing random folks by bushwookies with .50 cals.

If that means the game might lose some griefers like you? I have zero problem with that ;)

Atleast the ammount of trigger happy fools would be reduced to somehow more realistic figures.

Clearly you either didnt read my post, or you didnt understand what I said. I didnt spawn in, or go to, Cherno or Elektro. I said that I spawned close to Elektro but further down the coast and in the open, not around any buildings or towns. And even in a situation like that, where it is an area in the middle of nowhere, where there is no gear or loot spawns to "fight over" I still encountered a Ghillie sniper with an AS50 lying prone overlooking the coast from a ridgeline who was clearly just there to kill fresh spawns. As to your attempt at trolling, I do better than alot of others at survival for your information, I have a surplus of food, drink, medical supplies, and enough ammo to survive for quite a while at this point. I have been alive on the same character for a long time and have what are arguably some of the "best gear in the game" at this point. I know how to navigate the map with and without my map, compass, and gps. And I know where to get loot and how to conserve gear.

And for the last part of your statement, if YOU think for one second that if this were to happen in real life that so many people would go around killing others purely for amusement you have issues. Humans are social creatures, they crave attention and companionship, the only kind of people who run around indiscriminately killing/attempting to kill other people are sociopaths and individuals who are mentally ill. Anyone with common sense will realize that its better to have someone else around to help watch your back, hunt up gear and food, take shifts sleeping/patrolling etc. And just as the others have said, no one is going to piss away something as rare and valuable as .50 cal ammo just for the hell of it because they feel like shooting some random people. If you believe what you said then clearly YOU are not ready for something like this and YOU suck at survival.

Byron have seen too many movies i believe.. :) Anyway, whenever he's wrong on how the humans would handle an apocalypse, he's right on what's happening in the game: this is a game, it's not a simulator (it has been mentioned many times, even by rocket), so ppl have decided to turn it into a full PvP deathmatch (like any other shooter), and there's anything you can do.. neither there's anything to "correct", you have only two options: 1) you start to do full pvp; 2) you play another game... and no, there's no third option, like: "leave the city and go elsewhere to survive".. coz you'll die anyway by:

1) a 24h camping sniper in the middle of nowhere;

2) a bug

3) a cheater

4) a hacker that nukes the server

..so don't spend your time to hide in the forest.. it's a waste of time.

• Like 1

you have only two options: 1) you start to do full pvp; 2) you play another game

I don't believe that is necessary. I am new and have only played for a few days. But from what I have seen so far, the majority of the people do not play purely for PvP. And even if most people do play for PvP, why shouldn't the remainder of people play the game for what it is, survival. Sure your gonna die. But if you play smart i'm certain you can live longer and have more fun doing so.

I am new and have only played for a few days.

This .. plus

the majority of the people do not play purely for PvP

..this. :)

Not everyone today plays for PvP, most ppl doesn't even check their kills gears (coz most are "full" already), they/we kill for the lulz.

And even if most people do play for PvP, why shouldn't the remainder of people play the game for what it is, survival. Sure your gonna die. But if you play smart i'm certain you can live longer and have more fun doing so.

..because it's even more frustrating, you can't play "smart": you can stay all the day long in a bush and being killed suddendly by a cheater. So you going to live longer, hoping to not find a cheater? It sounds masochist to me. It would be fun if there would be a challenge, but there's none (for the above reason), so the only challenge remained is doing PvP, until you die, then you collect your gear again to start another "round". This is why i'm playing only Lingor now: it's easy to rebuild the gear, so you can start the PvP faster... so dying by a cheater/bug/hack isn't a big trouble.

I must say...Rocket....I won't say your game is bugless or suck your dick, but man you are hilarious. Keep going man. Least you actually stay on the forums even if it is to troll. Bandit skins looked horrible anyways and caused to many bugs like losing your gear when it would go from bandit to civil clothing after you died.