rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

I read it as "Morphine" :lol:

I just found camo for the first time last night, and a tent.

why did you post that in this thread?

I'm looking forward to it. Previously if you had a bandit skin EVERYONE would shot you on sight without any hesitation. What makes human encounters exciting is the uncertainty of their intentions, not a giant "shot me" skin that you can see from miles away.

exciting? i just kill every1 i meet with. i'm not gonna risk my life just so i can know their motivation. removing the bandit skin was a bad idea. now groupping is less and mass killing is frequent.

ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY!

If he brings back bandit morphing then he'd better make damn sure that he resets humanity.

There's no way in HELL that i'll be able to get positive humanity again unless it gets resetted.

When he removed bandit morphing, no one trusted eachother. It was a deathmatch war.

I'd like the feature back tho, it's impossible to team up with anyone random atm. The only guys that don't kill you are your IRL friends or friends on Teamspeak.

Haha, didn't even make it to an implementation yet and my thoughts on it are already coming to fruition XD

Been keeping a eye on this for a while, not much to say on whether the decision was right or wrong... Though I like that the ability to customize the character a bit was able to be implemented.

With what has been said about the humanity still being tracked, and a future use of it..

I can't help but think of the possibility of if/when the feature is re-implemented of people being upset at how bad they've gotten their humanity in the meantime...

Edited by TaranTatsuuchi

ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY!

The only guys that don't kill you are your IRL friends or friends on Teamspeak.

this will never change, how many updates and features rocket brings. Players will be allmost all the time Hostile.

All Respect to the Wasteland docs, though.

Is this why you spawn with a black outfit on sometimes, or with a stupid brown and blue one? That is in no way related to my actions as I thought it was, but I just randomly spawn in different gear every time. It really annoys me actually because the black outfit is considerably better for hiding.

Been playing for a few weeks now, and beyond my friends, I don't think I've met a single 'friendly' on the game. Every last one has shot at/killed me soon as they saw me, even when I was fresh spawn in the world. Everyone is a bandit now.

and i think most people in this forums dont understand or have an another opinion what is defining someone as a Bandit!

90% which have been called a bandit were just plain paranoid, griefing without even looting the bodys or just murderers.

MURDERERS and psychos are nothing like them.

Hell, a real Bandit enriches my game. the others DONT, they just want to try to end it.

Edited by Bezki

Y'all need to stop crying about how some guy who was hungry for beans shot you.

This game is not going to baby you. It's not going to display if the person in front of you is good or bad. You have to figure that out yourself.

Stop whining.

There ARE still friendlies. Go find them.

• Like 1

If bandit skin's comeback, i want to see a "disguise" skin.

Bandits could infiltrate friendly groups etc. or vice/versa

Is this why you spawn with a black outfit on sometimes, or with a stupid brown and blue one? That is in no way related to my actions as I thought it was, but I just randomly spawn in different gear every time. It really annoys me actually because the black outfit is considerably better for hiding.

Actually, I think people looking at your character will see a random skin - not necessarily the one that you think you are wearing! I've seen this myself (playing with my fiance in the same room, I was wearing different clothes on her screen than I was seeing on my 3rd-person screen....)

If bandit skin's comeback, i want to see a "disguise" skin.

Bandits could infiltrate friendly groups etc. or vice/versa

Sure you can send your friend who have survivor skin to infiltrate them.

Its even easier for well organized group of bandits.

They will just use baits to lure poor survivors for trap.

i absolutely think they should come back along with the humanity. such a great feature i am still shocked it was taken away. It worked and the only people who didn't like it were bandits who spawn camped and hated getting shot by a fresh spawn with a makarov because they were a target with a bandit skin. I remember reading that it wasn't realistic that you would never know who was really a bandit if this was a real apocalypse, I think if you went around murdering people for stuff your for sure going to dress a certain way so as to be less noticeable, hell maybe they'd wear victims fingers on a necklace around their neck, those crazy murderers. Besides how much realism do you want anyway, i mean how realistic is it to spawn at the coast alone with nothing, not very, you wouldnt run from a zombie apocalypse to the shore without grabbing shit or go with others. I say bring back humanity and bandit suits, I mean bandits can get ghillie sor camo anywho, and get rid of snipers-they suck for zombies and only encourage asshole campers or make them extremely rare. i don't mind dieing but from a sniper from god knows where, yea it gets old, and im not talking about just in cherno Im talking about random snipings all over the map. You have no chance against a sniper unless the guy misses . How about an option to spawn as a bandit, then you can choose too

• Like 2

I'm playing Lingor these days.. and they reintroduced the bandit skin there (plus other nice features) ... and it is great,neither the bandits are complaining about em, and everyone is happy. :)

• Like 2

Good idea, overall. My opinion is that the skins/outfits being findable are a must, and that removing forced skins for bandits is good. This will help the game be somewhat more realistic, in the whole view. Great idea, Rocket, looking forward to seeing this in.

Lingor island you say?

I gonna switch too.

Side chat and bandit skin. Also new place for explore.

Gonna check that.

I love the idea.

You can now only choose to look as a bandit.

So news to the wise, double check contacts for possible good weapons.

Well, even if we consider that zombies may appear in a realistic context, there is still huge incoherencies:

- Why can we find weapons all around the map and the houses ? In real life you wouldn't find so much stuff

- Why can a zombie break your leg with a hit, and make you bleed to death ? In real life, this wouldn't happen.

- Why zombies keeps spawing even after we kill them ?

At the end, you can't deny that some features are not and will never be realistic to improve the gameplay. The Bandit/survivor morphing was one of them

Without zombies DayZ would be The Sims with guns. You would be buying stuff from Cherno's general store instead of looting. Buying a burguer insted of hunting animals. They are not supposed to be realistic, they set the environment of the game. The rest is supposed to be as realistic as it gets.

- Maybe after the apocalypse started people went after guns and tried to protect themselves inside their houses, local churches and etc? It's not like everyone just disappeared at the same time. Also, since item spawn is based on chance, you might see very few weapons on a server and tons on another. It's really not that unrealistic.

- In real life there wouldn't be zombies. It's up to the devs to decide what zombies are capable of. If they want them to be mutating ponies that decapitate you with one hit you still can't claim that to be unrealistic. But I bet the last zombie that hit you irl didn't made you bleed to death. Lucky you!

- Because it's the only way a game like this could work. If this wasn't so, there wouldn't be any zombies anymore by the time I got ArmA 2 CO on steam.

No, there is a huge difference between zombies being eradicated (Which might even be added in someway, but new spawns will still be present) and people magically holding a sign saying "Hey, look at me, I'm a bandit!"

I don't think bandit skin ever improved gameplay. It just dumbed the game down.

Edited by Panque
  • Like 1

I think it would be more realistic if you start as a survivor and when you have killed 3-4 people you get a status bandit.

But thats just me.

I think it would be more realistic if you start as a survivor and when you have killed 3-4 people you get a status bandit.

But thats just me.

Yeah, just like in real life!

And if you kill three or more rabbits you will wear bunny ears even with your next characters!

• Like 1

I was thinking that any bandit system should be based around what others think of you, not what you have actually done.

Of course if you have done bad things people will think you are a bandit. But what about the things you have done that noone witnessed?

I don't think you should become a bandit because you killed 4 people (or whatever number), I think you should get a bad reputation because you were witnessed killing 4 people (or whatever number). You may have actually killed dozens, but if you are good at it, then noone will know about it, so you can minimise your bad reputation.

I tend to agree that the game would benefit from some way to identify Bandits.

It would decrease the KOS occurrence, at least by a little.

I think the inherent untrustworthiness of survivors will remain, since you don't really know what someone was like in a past life.

I think the inherent untrustworthiness of survivors will remain, since you don't really know what someone was like in a past life.

I agree, there is always going to be untrust in this game, and no game mechanic is every going to get around that.

BUT...

I do think there could be different ways to give some 'indication' of a players play style/reputation/"trustworthyness" so you can avoid/fear/target/group/follow/talk to or help depending on you own play style/reputation/"trustworthyness".

If you see someone with a bad reputation you can avoid them, but if you see someone with a good reputation, you might take the chance that you can help/trade/group with that player. A players reputation wont stop them from backstabbing you, or from being helpful (in the case of a "bandit").

Players with a very high reputation may even be able to put a "Price" on someone head making them a wanted player. If you kill that player you may get loot/reputation/status. This will add a new goal for some players. They can start hunting for other players, and others may need to start defending against this.

I am just thinking of the wild west, and how people could travel as fast or faster than information. So if they were a good bandit they could keep ahead of the negative reputation, but if they let it catch up withn them they would find themselves with a lot of heat coming down on them.

• Like 5