rocket

Bandit/Survivor Morphing to be removed

This' date=' those CZ's are loud, and if you are shooting everyone because you don't think you can trust them and it's the easier path, have fun with the zombies.

[/quote']

I can recall an incident at Zelenogorsk actually where I shot a player with my CZ near the grocery store and pulled at least 20 zombies. A slow and extremely shitty death, there's no way you can clear that many zombies with just your makarov and CZ while players take pot-shots at "the guy with a horde following him".

Same sort of situation. I was overwatching a bandit buddy clear some buildings of loot, when a survivor showed up. I had to weigh whether to shoot and attract the 15 or so zombies, but make it so that my companion was safe. OR I could hold the shot, and hope that the survivor didn't spot my friend. You will still have to make these decisions, skin or no skin. I ended up shooting him, but I had like 6 mags for my 1911 so I cleared the zombies too.

The penalty for murdering or getting into firefights is the possibility that you'll die.

I've gotten into stupid shoot outs plenty of time' date=' and have died. The opposite is true as well, I've turned a fight around and have killed assailants plenty of times.

I think many people will be more than surprised at the number of times people pass up on getting into combat with other players. If there was a count of how many times people have watched you from afar and not killed you, it would be pretty high.

[/quote']

this is what i mean about it being easier for us bandits on the whole as our decision making process when seeing another player is "kill!"

someone trying to be good for the sake of their humanity isnt going to open fire immediately.. they are going to be in those situations where they take a chance and hold fire, hoping that a fight is avoided/not necessary.

much more risk involved for that playstyle. less reward (dead players = nomnom loots, which is what they pass up by not engaging).

so having a low humanity should give some form of disadvantage to make up with the less risk involved in a "kill all zee things!" playstyle.

what do you think?

At this point, before this coming patch. I have absolutely no interaction with other people besides those I know in real life outside of bullets. I'm not a bandit, but if I can't avoid a person, I shoot first and never ask questions.

The system, as is, does not encourage any sort of cooperation, any ad-hoc relationships, or anything "emotional" aside from the risk of loss of your character who you'll grow attached to the same as any thing you've put a lot of effort into building up. There are no "relationships" with other players (especially on veteran servers, where you can't even see anyone's name, the island may as well be filled with vat-grown clones).

This change does nothing to aid that for me.

YES!!:D good choice rocket :) Im happy to see the buggy morphing is gone in a future patch!:)

Well, i think we all do not want to turn this game into a shoot first think later FPS.

So somehow it must be possible to indicate if you are friendly or not.

I suggest a passport system: If sb. is approaching you, you can tell him to show his passport with his current level of humanity.

Or a list with the most wanted criminals on the server including photos of them. With the new custom skins and their weapons you can easily identify them.

What do you think about it?

What do you guys say? With me on this? I mean honestly I don't know how this is going to go but the existing system is pretty shit.

I support this change 100% :heart:

I suggest a passport system: If sb. is approaching you' date=' you can tell him to show his passport with his current level of humanity.

[/quote']

Interesting idea. Way better than bloody-handed bandits

So just shoot everything that moves now before they shoot you. gotcha.

Well by doing this it means it will force a whole new level of communications between players if they want to stay alive and find those that are friendly or not I love this Idea and agree that humanity should not be discarded but reserved for a better use later. Nice to see communication is becoming a real life survival tool now in the game just like it should if this were reality rather than just a spam-bot or chat-map feature.

I wonder what form the new skins will take. Will they appear like sacks on the ground, containing clothes? In which case, don't you have to kind of wonder what they'll look like?

Or maybe the bodybags in the world will be replaced with random dead civilians and soldiers, who's clothes you can pinch.

Will you be able to take skins from other players? Do they reset when you die?

I'm just glad I'll hopefully no longer instantly be killed on sight. Until there is a method of finding out whether or not a player murdered in self defense, the bandit system doesn't work.

Maybe bandits should emit some sort of sounds. Just like zombies but of course something different.

I think Eve Online has the answer, but I'll come back to that.

We need an in-game identity if our actions are to have some weight. More personalized characters might be one way to solve this, or even some sort of profile and bounty system.

I am completely against arbitrary punishments like reducing blood level. What on earth?! This goes completely against the premise of the game! Though this is a game, we should look to reality for inspiration on solving these problems.

In reality, survivors would quickly learn to identity others in their area, and those involved in banditry would become well known through their reputation. This is hard to do in a game with thousands of people playing on dozens of different servers, each person rarely meeting the same players twice.

Eve Online gets around this by allowing players to place bounties on the heads of criminals and to check the profiles of every player in the solar system - could a similar feature be included in Day Z? Could we have profiles of the players on the server which we could browse for an indication of their intentions?

As long as we can wear pink mankini's I'm all for it.

It's been said before, I'll paraphrase:

"The line between friend and foe is drawn by TeamSpeak"

I'd like to maybe change one word:

"The line between friend and foe is drawn by Communication"

If you improve the in-game communication somehow, there will be less paranoia and "shoot first" mentality. As for the "Kill for beans" attitude, you can't really change that. If someone wants your beans, they'll take them.

I think Eve Online has the answer' date=' but I'll come back to that.

We need an in-game identity if our actions are to have some weight. More personalized characters might be one way to solve this, or even some sort of profile and bounty system.

I am completely against arbitrary punishments like reducing blood level. What on earth?! This goes completely against the premise of the game! Though this is a game, we should look to reality for inspiration on solving these problems.

In reality, survivors would quickly learn to identity others in their area, and those involved in banditry would become well known through their reputation. This is hard to do in a game with thousands of people playing on dozens of different servers, each person rarely meeting the same players twice.

Eve Online gets around this by allowing players to place bounties on the heads of criminals and to check the profiles of every player in the solar system - could a similar feature be included in Day Z? Could we have profiles of the players on the server which we could browse for an indication of their intentions?

[/quote']

Excellent suggestions. Especially having much more personalized characters would be a great potential solution to the problem.

i have another idea :)

maybe whit high humanity you will have better understanding of the intentions of the other survivors

you will see the survivor whit zoom and in you hud will appear the level of humanity of the survivor

maybe and icon or a number

whit more humanity you precision will be better

whit low humanity you don't see nothing

well maybe this works :)

Actually, instead of showing names it could be a nice feature to demostrate your humanity or hide it at will. Will be more comprehensive, and however not entirely realistic - quite reasonable. Word "passport@ bugs me for some reason.

So basicly you can either run around showing your glorious humanity record or keep it to yourself and show it at gunpoint if somebody cares to ask.

@Banano, not really, people lie, specially current bandits or to-be-bandit survivors.

Communication solves nothing.

Well by doing this it means it will force a whole new level of communications between players if they want to stay alive and find those that are friendly or not I love this Idea and agree that humanity should not be discarded but reserved for a better use later. Nice to see communication is becoming a real life survival tool now in the game just like it should if this were reality rather than just a spam-bot or chat-map feature.

We need direct com voicechat/typechat to be 100% stable however for this to work properly. Once we are 100% sure that when we talk/type, people CAN hear, we can make logical decisions on what to do.

I've been a bandit for a while now -no choice, character is bugged- and I can say that having everyone shoot you on sight regardless of what you are doing, or how you are playing detracts from game play. Anything that encourages a little more communication/RP is cool in my book.