maxxenbraxxen

How "safe" do you play ?

I like to consider myself as a Doctor in game, so I run around like a complete lunatic. It helps when in Dodgy areas (You know the places) I never get shot coz I run like a spider on acid. (Yes i never came across a hospital i didnt clear - this is usually me self medicating)

Just today I was in Stary, I was in and out of the tents before any sniper could press their right mouse button.

If I see survivors its usually in town shops or pubs, A quick QE wiggle, wait for response, if none comming I turn and run, funny thing is if friendly I can share out loot, except for my M1911, that is my only form of defence. Don't really see many in the cuds, but I dont go looking either.

Snipers are dealt with the old fasion way, I'll find you and Double tap your head off.

I can read maps well so I dont rely on Compass of G.P.S, infact my Ipad next to monitor with the map always on helps no end (Could be considered a cheat but, if I get called out to help anyone i know where and when)

I try not to run in the open ground and avoid Zeds if I can, No point helping others if you can't help yourself.

I live off the land for food and water, unless I'm called into a built up area where I may fancy a Can of Pasta from the local Asda quick stop.

You're a pretty good samaritan. I'm generally only friendly down South and to non-snipers. I'm a bandit up North though, cause pretty much everyone else up there is as well. I really only play it "safe" up North. It's worked well for me. I'm pretty reckless down South, but my deaths are definitely way higher up North than down South. I've made quite a few friends down South, none up North.

Edited by Whattteva

Reckless in the beginning, become more cautious as I accumulate goodies.

When I am alone I play much more careful then when I am with a half dozen of my buddies. Early Sat or Sun morning I do my thing, sneaking around...surveying EVERYTHING!! But on Fri or Sat night, well, 6 of us pile in the UAZ and head to the NW airfield. lol If we even make it there all in one piece it is amazing and if one of us is left to bring the jeep back to camp from NWAF it was a good night! :D

I would like to post my strategy, but that involves letting everyone know what I do, and anyone could use it against me, and that's not good. :)

So you not only play safe...you post safe too? :P

Edited by BTT`

I generally play reckless while I have nothing to lose. I'll run into Elektro or Cherno after just spawning to grab anything I can. Never gone badly for me. I've been shot at once in Elektro doing this, but the missed and I hide and proceeded to sing to them on direct comm. until I got bored and started looting again. Usually get a decent weapon and random supplies. One place I've never been attacked is the grocery store in the very Southwest of Cherno. I play in a 4-7 man team usually, so once we meet up we stick to woods, away from roads, and very cautiously navigate and loot in formation or teams. Works out pretty well.

If I've got a hatchet, I'm pretty fearless - it lets me kill zombies with impunity. My best run was when I found a hatchet in one of the villages down south and just kinda- stealth rampaged, killing zombies. If I found several, I'd duck down, but I'd go in and fight them one-on-one pretty wrecklessly. Best run I ever had, and I can't remember if I ever had guns. It ended up with me crawling for a couple hours with a broken leg after one lucky swipe from a zombie, until I got near the top of green mountain and had my flashlight out for some stupid reason instead of my hatchet - got hit a couple more times, went unconscious, died.

But more generally, I've yet to encounter any players really out in the open on the roads and/or near the coast. Even in small towns. I usually run pretty freely until I near towns/buildings/where zombies usually are, then I drop to crouch and prone crawl for sneaky business.

I had an m4, alice pack, morphine, 4 dmr mags ready to be split into a ton of m4 ammo, and ran to a tent next to an open field, didn't even get shot. When I have a makarov i will be more cautious.

i play to survive, not to go arround killing other humans. So i play very safe.

• Like 1

i play to survive, not to go arround killing other humans. So i play very safe.

This. I just try to survive.

I was USMC infantry, and I like the game because a lot of that applies quite well.

Not sure about 1.7.2, but in previous patches... man, if I fire a single shot of enfield, I gotta' be ready to shoot like 20 more zombies that are sure to come my way.

I usually set a marker to where i want to go, usually within 3km, then i aim myself towards that point, or use the compass to determine the angle i need to go in when i cant set a marker, press W and watch tv.

Run in a straight line through forest and fields, run around towns, across roads and everything, untill i reach the town where i casually go in, shoot whatever zombie followed me once i reach a house.

I play with a condom so I play it pretty safe...

• Like 1