maxxenbraxxen

How "safe" do you play ?

How "safe" do you play?

For example, do you run next to the roads, or do you sneak trough the forest ?

Do you yell friendly, shoot on sight (< everyone does this, I'm just asking for the sake of asking), or avoid players altogether?

Do you sneak into towns for loot or just live off the land ?

Do you stay away from the coast or do you camp in Elektro ?

...And so on, just tell me a bit about your play style.

Personally, me and my friend avoid roads, always crouch or lay down, and move with 30-40m space in-between us. We kill players if they have loot we need or weapons, but prefer to avoid players like the plague. The slightest noise and we both hit the ground and survey the area. If we need to cook something, we light the fire, cook the meat, put out the fire and get out of there as quickly as possible, hoping that no one saw the fire/smoke. The only time we into larger towns is during night on almost empty servers. Even then, we got every corner covered and we also have an escape plan

I used to play really carelessly, but that all changed after I turned on a flashlight in Elektro inside the firefighter station, during night. 1 minute later we saw a guy with an automatic rifle running towards the building. Its funny how quickly people react, as I literally had it on for about 3 seconds. My friend ended up getting killed, having to run 4 squares to get to me. I had 2.5 k blood left and had to kill the same guy 2 times more as he came back, each time with new rifles (Leading me to believe that he had a stash there, containing many guns). Im lucky he carried a bloodpack the first time, and we ended up getting out of there alive, both now with full blood and a Winchester+1911 each. After that, we adopted a paranoid play style, as I mentioned earlier

• Like 1

For me it really depends on the current gear I have and the mood I'm in. If my gear isn't top notch and I don't care as much about dieing I tend to sprint everywhere, otherwise I'm a lot more careful.

As for shooting other players, if I see no gun or only a melee weapon I tend to not shoot. If they have a gun themselves it depends if they've spotted me. If a player with a gun is aiming at me I usually pull the trigger before he can. If however I approach someone from the back I try talking to them, warning them not to aim at me, if they comply they usually live, if they turn towards me they die. xP

I always head inland the moment I spawn, then I find one barn to get a good weapon even with scarce ammo. Then I try to find another near barn or even better, a city with enterable civilian houses. If I spot a player that is about 400-500 meters away I tend to avoid them and try not to waste my ammo just to kill them (I never take the sniper rifle since it's not my cup of tea). If contact is at 200 meters or below, I try to flank the target then shoot him/her at a range of 50-100 meters.

I run about 50-200m away from roads, depending on their size. (50m for dirt paths, 200m for highways/asphalt.)

The only people I trust are the ones I'm currently in a Skype call with, while playing. I avoid players as much as possible.

But, for example, about 20 minutes ago when I was looting the NW Airfield, I was at the very top of the firestation tower when someone was coming up my only escape route with an Enfield, so I shot him the second I saw his head. (Hi, XS-SYS.)

When I'm playing solo, I usually just head in-land as soon as possible, which usually means after I find a hatchet, since that's all I need.

But when playing in a group, I'm the knowledge-base for the whole group, and usually just follow around and give alternative decisions. I'm usually the one who navigates to/through/from places, as well.

I swim out to the islands just off the coast, then I win.

• Like 2

I play EXTREMELY cautious. If I come to a field with hay bales, I move from cover to cover. When I hit a field, I seek the closest woodline and run parallel with it and I always serpentine run(zig zagging). When I'm playing with a group of 4, I usually always have them move in a "diamond" so that if we take fire, each person can engage N S E and W without our lines of fire crossing each other. I've had people I play with say "Don't you think you're being a bit too cautious?" And I say "Nope. If you want to die first, go ahead. ;)"

Really depends on the current gear I currently have, or how long i have been alive.

If I have just spawned i don't give a rat's ass, i'm running through towns grabbing what I can while mobile, running along roads and hacking/shooting at any player I come across, if they happen to have some nice loot and trusted me, i'm sorry survival of the fittest.

However when I have some okay-ish loot (usually with 3-4 friends) I am alot more cautious and start playing more stealthily, only shooting when neccesary. We don't like to fight against other players unless they are looting something we have just travelled for, Stary, NW airfield etc. I'm usually the navigator because i always get us from point A to B without fail, which has resulted in me dying a few times. We never run along roads, we go across the terrain using my compass and sense of direction. We kill and gut any animal we come across and fill our water bottles at any pond. We have a nice set-up going, but it doesn't stop us fearing for our lives when we hear gunfire or see another player. We tend to stay away from the coast unless someone died and has spawned there, or maybe we need to get morphine or blood bags, but since the instant leg breaking zombies were changed with super aggroing zombies, we dont need to carry as much anymore.

It all depends on what gear we currently have, and what our plans are or what location we are currently in, if we are near the NW airfield we are generally on full alert, but if we are at the coast and running around with makarovs we generally don't care.

For me it just depends on what gear i have on me and if i have a friend with more or not. If i'm on my own i tend to be more cautious when moving around towns etc.

But if i have a friend with me i tend to not worry as much i normally would as i know that i we were shot that one of us has the upper chance of returning fire and potentially wound or killing the bandit.

I never shoot on first or on site, If i feel as if the player was a threat to me i would be cautious and tend to watch every move they make. If i do feel as if they are trying to sneak around my back, I may shoot to wound, Never to kill. Or just a warning shot.

I like to play cautiously. Use cover of the woods etc. Sometimes I like to go into the big cities. That's always an adventure. But dangerous so I won't do that with good equipment. My favorite weapon is a crossbow. It helps in approaching a loot spot to take down a zombie or two who are in my path. And when used correctly it basically has unlimited ammo. But it is not much of a weapon against other players. So I try to avoid other players.

I play EXTREMELY cautious. If I come to a field with hay bales, I move from cover to cover. When I hit a field, I seek the closest woodline and run parallel with it and I always serpentine run(zig zagging). When I'm playing with a group of 4, I usually always have them move in a "diamond" so that if we take fire, each person can engage N S E and W without our lines of fire crossing each other. I've had people I play with say "Don't you think you're being a bit too cautious?" And I say "Nope. If you want to die first, go ahead. ;)"

Better to take a wedge formation as a diamond allows you to take enfilade fire from more directions and makes it harder to form a line. Diamond is more for situations where you know the approximate location of enemy forces and you are trying to keep the guy in the back alive.

Edited by Lev

I play really safe, but then I get an urge to moe down some zombies with my riffle, which most of the time gives me a bullet to the head... So don't shoot any zombies in a game about zombies. . ;-)

when i first spawn i blindly charge through electro and cherno untill i find a decent gun and w/e i come across it actually works out well , if theres a player camping in a building they dont really expect to see a guy charge in run through all the rooms glance at all the loot and leave withing 3 seconds where as if u crawl or crouch into a building ur a slow moving easy headshot.i can usually clear all building in cherno or elctro within 3-5 mins just sprinting everywhere and not caring about zombies or players. i actually die more trying to sneak through a town than sprinting lol (please dont say be more stealthy other players are not hard to spot exspecially when ur the guy with a white shirt)

I have everything i need so i just stay on the outskirts of the cities near the tree line. I have only 15 infected kills so far with 6000+ blood at the moment. Spend most of my time hunting animals, raiding barns and deer stands as quietly as i can. I can say i play quite a safe game but i still take risk from time to time.

How "safe" do you play?

For example, do you run next to the roads, or do you sneak trough the forest ?

Do you yell friendly, shoot on sight (< everyone does this, I'm just asking for the sake of asking), or avoid players altogether?

Do you sneak into towns for loot or just live off the land ?

Do you stay away from the coast or do you camp in Elektro ?

...And so on, just tell me a bit about your play style.

I guess I play rather recklessly.

I run next to roads, sometimes sneak through forest, it depends on my mood, really.

I generally ask friendly (without revealing myself), unless I'm in the North. In which case, it becomes shoot on sight.

I sneak into towns for stuff, especially medical supplies.

I can be anywhere. Generally, where I am just depends on where my group wants to be at the time.

While you may think I rather play "unsafe". I really only die in the NW airfield barracks (mostly to server hoppers). We do have a system to loot the barracks now to prevent dying there (2 people look out while one loots).

Other than the airfield, I don't really see the need to change my style for now.

When it comes to travel if i have a compass and a map i will just run whichever route is fastest to where i'm going, if i don't but manage to figure out where i am i just run alongside the road or within eyesight of it.

For player contact i try to avoid confrontation really (i mostly stay up north) if i see someone that hasn't spotted me i may try to sneak around and get the jump on them but alot of the time i practice avoidance if i don't have anyone with me. As for friendly asking, i play up north... there is no such thing as friendly.

How safe am i? not very, but when looting i tend to take it very slowly (or very quickly depending on mood or situation) and avoid zombies... shooting tends to draw a bit of attention.

I head to debug plains where I seek enlightenment through hunger and thirst, after 30 days I return to the chernarus and deliver death to the unbelivers.....so I tend to die from hunger/thirst

• Like 1

I can vary in tactic. Sometimes I get so paranoid that I creep 1 foot every minute to avoid detection of anyone who might have a scope on me. Other times, I run into a city using the main road and going "AAAAAAHHHHH SOMEONE HELP ME, AAAAAAAH" over direct voice.

I would like to post my strategy, but that involves letting everyone know what I do, and anyone could use it against me, and that's not good. :)

1. Do you run next to the roads, or do you sneak through the forest? Through the forest, I travel where the road I'm following is in my sight but I don't walk directly on it.

2. Do you yell friendly, shoot on sight, or avoid players altogether? I try to avoid players as most as possible but if I run into one I'll kill.

3. Do you sneak into towns for loot or just live off the land? Sneak into places like Stary Sobor and NWA.

4. Do you stay away from the coast or do you camp in Elektro? Read Above.

I'm generally cautious and try to get in a position where I can observe zeds or players as much as I can before taking an action. When I've freshly spawned, I'll pretty much flip a coin to decide whether I'll be reckless until I get geared up or sneak around. I've had moments where running like a madman and leading a train of zombies down Cherno didn't actually end badly, so I started giving it a try.

More risky than I really like.

I follow roads, but in the treeline or beside it with some kind of cover if necessary most of the time.

I bolt across fields all of the time, largely because it's expedient. But I don't do it without a bit of recon.

To be honest, it's worked well for me so far. Only times I've been killed are in buildings and the usual high-risk areas like Stary and NWAF. Only once have I been shot at in the middle of a field, and I made it out unscathed.

I play extremely carefully. I crawl most of the time, specially around/in towns, barns, deer stands and other places that spawns zombies. I have never been to Cherno or Electro, never been in a fire station or airfield. I live in a forest, travel from one deer stand to another, also loot all the barns on the way. I never kill players, unless i'm desperate for medical supplies (thats usually morphine). But i never hunt players, i try to avoid them, if i see one i just fall on the ground and wait for him to go away (that's ofc if he didn't see me). I killed a player once, for no reason, and i felt very bad about it, poor guy went up on a deer stand, started looting, i shot him...