Sign in to follow this  
munsterthunder@gmail.com

God damn server hoppers

So a group of 2 friends and I decided to group up finally, one of my friends gave me an FN FAL as my AKM ran out, my other friend had a enfield, we were set, we went to Elektro, and that's where the fun started, we camped on top of the hospital, we had fun, I sniped around 11 guys, we looted the bodies of course. And i understand a lot of people aren't keen on bandits, but we were surviving, looting, and plus people should know better than running in and out of the office building in the open. Anyways, we were having fun, playing legitly,

Not aborting when shot at, but one person decided to do otherwise, he spserver hopped, got on to the tallest point of the hospital (the little second roof whatever thing) and jumped on this server, and shot all of us while we weren't looking. Seriously, couldn't he just do something legit? Pisses me off

Edited by Phayzon

You certain he was a hopper and not someone like you that happened to log out up there killing those that can't fight back?

• Like 1

Perhaps all the gunfire attracted the guy to you. You call others noobs for running out of a building into your line of fire, but you yourself stay in one place the entire time and get pwned by someone from up on high. You deserved it. And killing nubs in electro is nothing to boast about

• Like 3

Karma.

Please do not post duplicate threads. Please perform a forum search before posting. We know this is a problem and it is being addressed.

You must not have anything better to do than troll this forum.

Ha! This is what I love to see! A bandit being fucked in the ass! And his friends are enjoying a good ass fuck too!

You were having fun shooting unarmed people? You must be a fucking bad ass. Shooting people who can't fight back. You are scum. Being a bandit isn't fine. But I abide by your banditry. Shooting UNARMED people? Come on man, there's a fucking creed.

Props to the fellow who just got all their gear, let's buddy up sometime.

• Like 1

"being a bandit isn't fine" in other words "herp derp"

when you get in a gun fight be aware of players names, that'll help you identify hoppers

When did I ever say they were unarmed, they had huge chances to fight back, in fact they killed us a few times but we recovered.

You guys are assuming crazily

Perhaps all the gunfire attracted the guy to you. You call others noobs for running out of a building into your line of fire, but you yourself stay in one place the entire time and get pwned by someone from up on high. You deserved it. And killing nubs in electro is nothing to boast about

"Up high," yet I see people like you complain all day abou disconnected and server hoppers. Ironic.

All I'm trying to state here is the fact that I dislike server hopping because of this.

It's not our fault we set up camp and took over elektro, I never said anyone was a noob, they should know better to run out in the open when we killed them 3 to 4 times already.

So many butthurt people against PvP

• Like 2

When did I ever say they were unarmed, they had huge chances to fight back, in fact they killed us a few times but we recovered.

You guys are assuming crazily

"Up high," yet I see people like you complain all day abou disconnected and server hoppers. Ironic.

All I'm trying to state here is the fact that I dislike server hopping because of this.

It's not our fault we set up camp and took over elektro, I never said anyone was a noob, they should know better to run out in the open when we killed them 3 to 4 times already.

So many butthurt people against PvP

The main point we are making is that you're shooting up an area where most people CAN'T fight back even if you camped the street. Any PVP on the coast just isn't worth a damn. It's either full of fresh spawns or a decked out jackass padding a kill stat.

I have 5 kills to my name. Two of them them came from defending a buddy in Stary. The other 3 where hunting my group around Zele and I did what I had to do to protect those that trust me. That is what makes you a simple bandit and me a survivor. I kill when needed, not when it fancies me. So go and have your "fun" killing those that can't fight back from some unknown roof. I'll be where I am needed doing what must be done for the ones who call me a friend.

The main point we are making is that you're shooting up an area where most people CAN'T fight back even if you camped the street. Any PVP on the coast just isn't worth a damn. It's either full of fresh spawns or a decked out jackass padding a kill stat.

I have 5 kills to my name. Two of them them came from defending a buddy in Stary. The other 3 where hunting my group around Zele and I did what I had to do to protect those that trust me. That is what makes you a simple bandit and me a survivor. I kill when needed, not when it fancies me. So go and have your "fun" killing those that can't fight back from some unknown roof. I'll be where I am needed doing what must be done for the ones who call me a friend.

You have your own playstyle, I have mine, I'm camping, you're going around and killing, you're just mad I don't play the way you guys do the main point I'm trying to make is that server hopping shouldn't be allowed. That guy could've easily taken us out from the back on top of a building, but no, he chose to basically cheat and kill us.

And I also wanted to point out that I'm a sniper, snipers don't run across towns spraying and praying, snipers camp FYI, which I did in elektro

Edited by Phayzon
  • Like 1

You have your own playstyle, I have mine, I'm camping, you're going around and killing, you're just mad I don't play the way you guys do the main point I'm trying to make is that server hopping shouldn't be allowed. That guy could've easily taken us out from the back on top of a building, but no, he chose to basically cheat and kill us.

And I also wanted to point out that I'm a sniper, snipers don't run across towns spraying and praying, snipers camp FYI, which I did in elektro

You're a sniper, which means you went out to a military post or airfield or wherever to find your rifle. Then you thought, hey i'll go down to cherno again and shoot some nubs on the coast, so you ran all the way back down... I guarantee of those 11 you killed that probably just spawned in cherno/elektro, most of them were unarmed. Otherwise they wouldn't have been running around there. Only an idiot gets geared up and then goes back to cherno just to run and search buildings for tin cans.

I wouldn't boast too much about your play style, makes you look kinda like a pussy. And then you come on here and bitch when you die after killing a bunch of respawns in elektro? Seriously? mfw little girls crying about karma.

You're a sniper, which means you went out to a military post or airfield or wherever to find your rifle. Then you thought, hey i'll go down to cherno again and shoot some nubs on the coast, so you ran all the way back down... I guarantee of those 11 you killed that probably just spawned in cherno/elektro, most of them were unarmed. Otherwise they wouldn't have been running around there. Only an idiot gets geared up and then goes back to cherno just to run and search buildings for tin cans.

I wouldn't boast too much about your play style, makes you look kinda like a pussy. And then you come on here and bitch when you die after killing a bunch of respawns in elektro? Seriously? mfw little girls crying about karma.

Do you not know how to read? I wasn't boasting at all, lmao. An no, none of them were unarmed, all of them had good weapons, a group had M4s, and other people had enfields. Don't assume unless you were there, lol. Your guarantee is wrong, 100%.

How am I a pussy? Doesn't look like I'm afraid of anything right now. Your posts make no sense.

I'm not bitching about dying, I'm bitching about the server hopper, get on topic man.

mfw when people rage about snipers

Edited by Phayzon

careful, hard to define server hopping.

I have logged out after camping the top of devils castle (group organised a meet there in side chat, so i waited there 3 hours, after i got the kill (scared rest off)) i dced there. When i rejoined i would have been there.

id call serverhopping:

DCing when you get shot at or wounded, join another low pop server, quickly heal/bandage/morphine, Move to ovbious vantage point, rejoin old server, kill people that engaged you.

This has happened to me once :(

And you deserved a real serverhopper anyway, not nice what you were doing. if it was NW airfield go for it, but cherno.. come on man its a noob area.

Edited by Gruelius

Holy shit. You people are so afraid of dying now that you completely ignore the fact that he was killed by an exploiter and say "Hah, thats what you get, bandit!"

He's playing the damned game the way its meant to be played(You're meant to kill bandits. Without bandits, you have none to kill) and was killed by an exploiter. Server hoppers/disconnect annoy everyone. But you can't get your heads out of your asses long enough. You just see bandit and you rage. This isn't a bandit story. This is an exploiter server.

It's amazing how malicious people will be towards people who don't play the game the way they do, to the point that they support exploiters killing them. Just ridiculous.

• Like 2

You shouldn't have holed up on a rooftop, knowing full well that people can hop to another server and get behind you. It's the same argument people use to sue like, "I knew that cigarettes cause cancer, but I never thought it'd happen to me". If you're going to be a player killing butthole, at least do it intelligently.

also wanted to point out that I'm a sniper, snipers don't run across towns spraying and praying, snipers camp FYI,

Technically, a large part of sniper strategy lies in constantly changing position so that people don't find where you are and engage you in close combat. To be fair, they server hopped. To be unfair, you fucked up and stayed still.

• Like 1

Lol, the definition of Bandit seems to be slipping big time. PKing new players in elektro? Wow, such an amazing bandit.

• Like 3

It's amazing how malicious people will be towards people who don't play the game the way they do, to the point that they support exploiters killing them. Just ridiculous.

Nothing to it, really. Exploiters are probably just the same at heart, fellow bandits. It's just bandits killing other bandits. He's just unlucky that they happened to be exploiters. We've all exploited to a certain extent. There are too many bugs in the game to not exploit anything (ammo exploit, server hop, alt-f4 to avoid death, going to buildings so zombies line up, switching servers to keep playing daytime, list goes on).

To the OP: I've been killed plenty of times by barracks server hoppers, it's just another part of the game. You learn to deal with it and move on. What you've experienced is just the beginning. It'll only get worse, so I suggest you get used to it. Once you accept it, it's not so bad.

Really, it's just as others say, don't get too attached to your gear. Sooner or later, you will die. It's just a matter of time and who (A door may very well be your murderer, in which case, you'd have no one to get upset at).

Edited by Whattteva

I don't go looking for people to kill, nor do I spray and pray all over the map like some mad man. So don't try and toss me with the likes of bandits. I am not a bandit in any type of the word. Yes I will shoot on sight if someone gets the jump on me or if I think they are hunting me or my group, but that is nothing to what you do.

You sat on the roof of the hospital where you had full view of eveything around you. That building even gives you perfect cover if you where using 3rd person. It is next to impossible to fight someone that has high ground, cover, and a clean field of view on evey single roof or vantage point that can touch you. You want to stop hoppers, Im with you on that. Thing is what you where doing can only be fought with either with a VERY lucky grenade or a hopper. You got what you asked for. Simple as that.

Relocating

Often in situations with multiple targets, snipers use RELOCATION. After firing a few shots from a certain position, snipers move unseen to another location before the enemy can determine where he or she is and mount a COUTER-ATTACK. Snipers will frequently use this tactic to their advantage, creating an atmosphere of chaos and confusion. In other, rarer situations, relocation is used to eliminate the factor of wind.

Spotter

He also provides the TEAM SECURITY, therefore he is usually armed with an assault rifle. It is often the case that the sniper rifle is assigned exclusively to a single person, therefore in the case of rotation the spotter carries two weapon.

Flanker

Some military doctrines describe a third member known as the flanker. His task is to have observed areas not visible to the sniper or spotter and assist with the team's REAR SECURITY.

Yourself and your 2 friends might want to do a little research into the best tactics to use when "camping" i mean sniping in "1" position after scoring 11 kills....... Maybe the survivor/bandit that got the drop on ye did S/H..?? not saying he didn't "But just maybe ye got taken out by a good sniping-team". 3 of ye on the same roof what did you think was going to happen... Whats the range from the hospital roof to office block about 100/130m..?? Sorry to burst your bubble but thats not sniping. ( You could kill a survivor/bandit with an empty can of BEANZ from that distance). Got to love all the badass snipers this mod has....

Edited by Maca

Relocating

Often in situations with multiple targets, snipers use RELOCATION. After firing a few shots from a certain position, snipers move unseen to another location before the enemy can determine where he or she is and mount a COUTER-ATTACK. Snipers will frequently use this tactic to their advantage, creating an atmosphere of chaos and confusion. In other, rarer situations, relocation is used to eliminate the factor of wind.

I've provided a video to effectively demonstrate relocation in a firefight situation. Obviously, I threw a hand grenade and smoke so as to get their attention during the surprise exercise. in the video, I'm SPARKY BEANS, as you will see, I didn't shoot anyone, this was a surprise exercise and the goal was not to kill, only to alarm and disorient.

So, you are saying you're a sniper when you killed 11 people alone, which is more loot than your little group could carry. So in other words, you killed them for nothing and that doesn't even count as banditry, that counts as murder.

So, you are saying you're a sniper when you killed 11 people alone, which is more loot than your little group could carry. So in other words, you killed them for nothing and that doesn't even count as banditry, that counts as murder.

So? What he did was well within the game rules and mechanics. Then he got killed by an exploiter who magically teleported into his back.

It's not like it's hard to legitimately shoot people who snipe from that hospital roof. There's plenty of locations that let you fire on the entire roof, and once you start shooting their only way out is through the exposed ladders (or alt-f4).

I've provided a video to effectively demonstrate relocation in a firefight situation. Obviously, I threw a hand grenade and smoke so as to get their attention during the surprise exercise. in the video, I'm SPARKY BEANS, as you will see, I didn't shoot anyone, this was a surprise exercise and the goal was not to kill, only to alarm and disorient.

Nice video. On a side note though, it really points out the fact, why 3rd person is so damn lame. :P