Sign in to follow this  
DoshDosh

So, I finally encountered the bone-breaking door today

I'd read about it plenty of times, but I'd just reconnected inside a barracks after the bug that just kicked everybody a few hours back, and I wanted to get the hell out of there before someone stumbled in. I wanted to switch to my pistol so I could maneuver a bit easier through the doorframe, but accidentally clicked "Close Door".

So the door swung shut and I hear a crunch. I'm unconscious, bleeding, broke my legs and was in shock and pain. I was laughing so hard I didn't even mind when someone came in and finished me off.

Edited by DoshDosh

Congratulations! You are not officially a DayZ veteran until you've broken your legs or died in some stupid or retarded way due to how DayZ works!

Edited by DeadManDan
  • Like 1

Congratulations! You are not officially a DayZ veteran until you've broken your legs or died in some stupid or retarded way due to how DayZ works!

Unrelated note, I like your Reservoir Dogs quote in your sig :P

I think it's even more stupid to actually break your legs by making a sharp turn while in-between objects. First time it happened to my i was like "wtf just happned?"

I remember that. I was prone, and I decided to open the door to a small building and it hit me in the head, knocked me out, and I bled to death while unconscious.

Next you're going to encounter the BONE BREAKING, GUT SLASHING, SOUL STEALING, BANDIT BASHING EVERGREEN PINETREE.

No, seriously. Prone against a tree and try your luck.

• Like 1

I was murdered by a out house door once.. was funny though so I didn't mind the death lol

Haven't died to a tree yet though!

Tell me about it, I think I fear opening doors in narrow hallways almost as much as player encounters :/. If I can keep away that's fine, but in a cramped space, I usually pray for good measure.

Yapp lost my best gear yet to a hostile toilet door at 03:01 nw. Shit Happens and i was Pissed off. I felt dumped, excreted and downright messy. The Game or Mod had flushed me to the Core of it's sewery alpha Stage, Even if it was actually ARMA who let me down. And Yes this iPad Thing Loves to make capital letters whereever it wants. Verbal diarrhea As pumishment.

Once my friend and I were scouting off a hill. Crouched on a big flat rock. I move off, start running down the hill. He starts to turn, CRUNCH legs broken, in pain amd bleeding. I start laughing. He tries to crawl, immediately unconscious. Luckily we had a bag of meds lol

Wait, there are others who don't ragequit after the first lethal bug? Thank god, I thought they were just rumors...

I was murdered by a out house door once.. was funny though so I didn't mind the death lol

Haven't died to a tree yet though!

I am so glad to see the I was not the only one to become a victim of the outhouse!! :D

I proned into a shelf at the supermarket.

Bleeding and in shock.

I hopped over some barbed wire in the stairwell of the air control tower, it moved me to the left of the stairs on the floor so I hopped onto the stairs.

I felt something bad was going to happen when my leg, instead of landing on the stair proceeded to go through the stair, followed by the other leg and then my body.

*CRUNCH* 10k blood loss, Bleeding, leg broke, game over

my guy pretty much exploded when i tried vaulting over this low barricade on a stairwell on the balota air strip..

Just heard a massive crash, as if every bone splintered into dust and i broke my bones and died.

Didn't have anything in terms og equipment, so not that fussed.. really scared of stairs with shit in them now.

I was standing on top of a rock once. It was a pretty small rock too, probably just a foot tall. As soon as I walked off of it the gravity of earth gave me the bird, and my legs shattered as I hit the dirt. Bled to death, but it was hilarious.

It wasn't a tree, or a door that got a teammate. No no. It was bad team placement. I had logged out for a bit, and announced over TS that I was logging back in. While I'm loading in, there's a huge commotion over TS. Apparently, my character loaded in right on top of a teammate and broke him, bled him, and knocked him out. Doesn't happen as often as falling through rocks, or getting slammed with a door, but was mildly amusing at the time.

i remember something like this, in the balota military camp (Ikno, sucky place, but I kill lots of noobs in there who are running in desperation to find an AKM or something!)

Stay.

Away.

From fences!!! xD

Yea those gates at Balota ate me up. I don't know if it's always the same, but open the left side, not the right. The right one swings AT me, the left swings away.

Be careful transitioning into...anything while prone crawling. Sometimes your character will decide to stand up and get detected, other times he will stand up and break his legs. Best to crouch if you are about to go through a doorway or between objects. Already been said but be careful proning next to trees, ALSO watch what you drop next to a tree, you may never get it back. If you set up a tent next to a tree, you may as well leave it there and be happy with it. If you try to pack it up again (in hopes of setting it up better or whatever) you may never pick it up again. It just sits there, at the base of the tree, mocking you.

It wasn't a tree, or a door that got a teammate. No no. It was bad team placement. I had logged out for a bit, and announced over TS that I was logging back in. While I'm loading in, there's a huge commotion over TS. Apparently, my character loaded in right on top of a teammate and broke him, bled him, and knocked him out. Doesn't happen as often as falling through rocks, or getting slammed with a door, but was mildly amusing at the time.

dont spawn camp the barracks then?