Big Skrimpin'

[video] Stary Nuked! Hacker forgets helicopter!

lol i like the instant open esc menu lol. but honestly that intro was awesome

Thanks guys! And yeah, ahaha, I didn't even realize I almost hit abort. That's pretty sad that my built-in instinct to loud noises is to quit. I honestly don't normally DC though.

Cool intro mate! would you mind telling me what software you used? :lol:

[OT] - FREE BEANS :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

lol...

*BOOOOM* "OH FUCK" *half the people lay down*

*BOOOOOM* "HOLY SHIT FUCK!"

I don't know why, but those random, obnoxiously loud explosions followed by you guys freaking out was extremely amusing to me.

Yeah looks like aftereffects, just wondering how the blood was done - if it was done in-game or not.

Yeah looks like aftereffects, just wondering how the blood was done - if it was done in-game or not.

hah with 6months experience in after effects i still don't know how to make an intro >.<

Nothing was done in game!

I don't really like After Effects after having to use it for months in school. I used Vegas Pro 11.

Everything in the intro was done using child/parent 3D motion :) i.e. there's a parent layer with the main camera swoop, and many layers set as it's child that have child modes of "3d source alpha".

Blood is just a movie of a blood splat with the black chroma-keyed out that is a child layer of that main camera swoop.

Landscape is just a blurred image on a left-right movement trajectory, with the fire/smoke entities being separately overlaid on top with their own simple hand-done trajectory (no need for motion tracking when it's short and blurred)

Edited by Big Skrimpin'

Nothing was done in game!

I don't really like After Effects after having to use it for months in school. I used Vegas Pro 11.

Everything in the intro was done using child/parent 3D motion :) i.e. there's a parent layer with the main camera swoop, and many layers set as it's child that have child modes of "3d source alpha".

Blood is just a movie of a blood splat with the black chroma-keyed out that is a child layer of that main camera swoop.

Landscape is just a blurred image on a left-right movement trajectory, with the fire/smoke entities being separately overlaid on top with their own simple hand-done trajectory (no need for motion tracking when it's short and blurred)

Ah cool thankyou :)

Thanks for the comments!

Also...

I have never disconnected to avoid combat, ever. I only almost did this time because they were hackers. I don't think you'd want to fight hackers, now would you ;)

Edited by Big Skrimpin'

I like how your reflexes instantly went to abort. Pussy.

Oh, you'd readily fight hackers who have helicopters and bombs? Didn't think so, puss.

I have never disconnected to avoid combat, ever. I only almost did this time because they were hackers. I don't think you'd want to fight hackers, now would you ;)

Oh, you'd readily fight hackers who have helicopters and bombs? Didn't think so, puss.

Your story doesn't add up. According to the video, the server had a normal restart and then everyone logged back in. The moment you heard a loud explosion, you immediately hit esc and moved to Abort... you didn't even know what it was. I could fire an M203 HE grenade at that warehouse while you're in it and it'd sound pretty serious too. I could blow up a vehicle and it'd sound similar, a squad could lob a bunch of M67 grenades nearby... You guys didn't realize it was hackers until after the fact, GG.

Also, the introduction was pretty sweet. B)

BTW, this place is retarded (barn catwalks). Any server-hopping sniper on ANY hill over Sobor, and you're dead.

Your story doesn't add up. According to the video, the server had a normal restart and then everyone logged back in. The moment you heard a loud explosion, you immediately hit esc and moved to Abort... you didn't even know what it was. I could fire an M203 HE grenade at that warehouse while you're in it and it'd sound pretty serious too. I could blow up a vehicle and it'd sound similar, a squad could lob a bunch of M67 grenades nearby... You guys didn't realize it was hackers until after the fact, GG.

Also, the introduction was pretty sweet. B)

I cut a bit of dialogue. We logged in once before, then quit collectively again when we found there were hackers being obvious nearby. Then someone said we should have fun in fraps it, so we all logged back in :).

Thanks!

Love you're videos keep them up bud! can you also tell me how you meet up with all your friends and how long it took use to get all them guns D: thanks, and as i said - sub'd :)

We just use www.dayzmap.info + good knowledge of landmarks & direction to meet up. All of those guns didn't take too long, I know some member had just picked theres up from that base minutes before. My character was about 3 days old and had great gear though, after lots of looting. Then I was eaten by a zombie that spawned in front of me as I AFK'd. :(

Edited by Big Skrimpin'

I have to agree that the intro is top notch. Nicely done. I hate hackers, and I hope we can someday play this game without them.

So how did you get the helicopter, hacked it in after nuking stary I'm guessing?

Edited by Gaidoon

So how did you get the helicopter, hacked it in after nuking stary I'm guessing?

The hackers seem to have left it behind after (We're guessing) spawning another and screwing off somewhere else.

Hahaha that was indeed Hova flying. We almost had an altercation with him in Stary before he joined us and joined the teamspeak. Then became the pilot.