Sign in to follow this  
1mpuls3

Latest beta patch (94876) not backwards compatible?

^Topic. I updated to the latest beta patch and now I can't join any servers. Red crosses everwhere, connecting failed on every server. I thought these patches were backwards compatible.

Anyone else got this problem? If so, anyone knows how to revert to an earlier beta patch without reinstalling the entire game?

• Like 1

The beta installer clearly warns that you can NOT uninstall a beta patch.

The only way to revert is to reinstall the game

I know what the beta installer warns you about, but this is Windows - there's always ways around things, you just need to know what and how to do it, hence my question.

From BiS Arma 2 Beta Test Forum:

"** this beta is 1.61.xxxxx and not MP compatible with old 1.60 betas"

Just checked server list and only about 15-20 had updated. Hopefully the rest will update soon.

This happened to me also. If you still need to roll back, just delete the Beta folder in your Arma2 OA folder and reinstall the last working patch for you. For me this was 94700.

Although i guess servers will be updating soon anyway.

Edited by Alan Probe

Your problem is solved: http://dayzmod.com/f..._20#entry294654

This works either with Arma2 OA retail and Steam version.

to revert, if the uninstaller don't works, download the 94700 patchftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_94700.zip , download the original 1.60 Operation Arrowhead .exe (http://www.mediafire...1boywk1ckx9f554 ) (you can extract it with winrar/7zip) and:

1. go to arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion folder and delete the "beta" folder

2. return to the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder and rename/delete arma2oa.exe

3. extract the .exe from the archive (arma2oa160.7z) inside the main arma 2 operation arrowhead folder

4. install beta patch 94700 (don't forget to copy arma2oa.exe from the beta folder inside the main folder, paste and overwrite).

5. ???

6. profit

Edited by Andrej Dudev
  • Like 1

This happened to me also. If you still need to roll back, just delete the Beta folder in your Arma2 OA folder and reinstall the last working patch for you. For me this was 94700.

Although i guess servers will be updating soon anyway.

I just rolled back to 94700 OK, the above simple method worked for me (I have retail Arma OA). So much for BiS claiming "not able to rollback beta patches". Ha!

Also, some more visible warning on this forum about this patch's effect would have been nice.

Edited by Skint

*Got double crossed hard*

Edited by RastaKoueR

The beta installer clearly warns that you can NOT uninstall a beta patch.

The only way to revert is to reinstall the game

You can simply delete the beta folder and install the beta patch you want to.