Sign in to follow this  
Batuhan87

Why the hell no one talks in game?

Honestly shooting people because they don't respond in chat is a bad idea right now, if no one is responding to you it could be you as well that is bugged. I've noticed it alot lately and it really really sucks, direct comms and direct comms voice is just plain broke right now or not working for a lot of people. I can't speak in direct chat, whatever i type no one sees, My girlfriend has same thing happening to her now and also ran into another fellow player and we couldn't talk to each other either because his direct chat was not working and my direct chat was not working also. they really need to fix this problem because its creating a lot of issues. for example server i play on has side chat channel still and we can talk in that channel just fine, but still direct chat isn't working at all. please don't shoot someone cause they don't respond, because I can't respond because nothing i type freaking shows up even though i'm screaming my lungs out in direct trying to say something. its buggy as hell and really needs to be looked at.

are you running the latest versions on mod and beta? saying the server you play on has side channel could mean you are not

I've never had any problem with direct channel, been able to talk to and text to anyone I've met (and didn't kill me on sight)

Edited by moriak

I talk in chat all the time in game. Yip yip! lol...if you get that reference...you died to my gun or axe.

are you running the latest versions on mod and beta? saying the server you play on has side channel could mean you are not

I've never had any problem with direct channel, been able to talk to and text to anyone I've met (and didn't kill me on sight)

i use six launcher for updating arma and dayz, the server is the newest version ones as its easy to tell because zombies can spot me from 24308967 miles away, (not a problem just saying as a way to confirm i'm on newest patch). direct simply isn't working for some people. there's a thread in the bugs forum, a thread in the trouble shooting forum. and like i said happened again today. guy was typing and typing and typing to us (my girlfriend and I) and we didn't see any of it, later he told us he was talking to us in direct but we didn't see what he was typing, he couldn't see what my girl and I was typing either, also comfirmed because my girls comp is literally in the same room right beside mine and we play togather, if i say something in direct, doesn't show up on her screen, if she says something i direct same thing. its really a game breaker not being able to communicate with anyone in this game, communication is kinda a big deal in this game lol

I thought side channel could be used, and heard, if you have a radio, by others that have a radio.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Best way to play this game though, join a clan, community and get on out-of-game comms such as TS/vent/mumble.

We raided two major cities today. Both places we had runners that checked houses while we had a spotter and a sniper on the outskirts taking out zombies or players that got too close. Yes, it does suck to be sniped off if you are just loafing around solo trying to find a can of pepsi, but our first priority is covering the teammembers who are risking their necks by gathering supplies.

We can't really stop and yell on direct chats or side channels and try to identify which unknown person is crossing the street.

It's absolutely awesome for teamwork, and it's a real thrill if you are running around alone as well, knowing there are teams around that might just take you down.

Honestly, we don't shoot players because we need the loot, or because we want the kills. We do it to protect our scavengers. Some might call that deathmatch playstyle, but I don't agree. Laying in wait outside Komarovo with a ghillie suit and picking off fresh spawns because you want to inflate your kill count is deathmatch playstyle, and then you are only doing it for your own personal pleasure and not as part of a teamwork to defend your friends.

Most ppl use TS or something similar and don't use VOIP. Meaning they don't want to talk with you because they want to kill you anyway...if you really had a player talk to you be happy... I also never had the experience of a player talking to me...just his gun. Maybe i'm always playing on the wrong server.

Chat was removed so players would get closer to see the intentions of the other AND be able to talk. You guys wanted immersion, tension etc. there you have it. Imagine this would be you IRL meeting another person., you can't just take out your keyboard and start typing, you yell.

When someone opens fire from far away they obviously don't want to negotiate.

Well thats some hardcore bullshit.Way to ruin a game.

I wasn't like that before.. The removal of bandit skins, the super hearing, all seeing zombies and removal of starting pistol and food pretty much killed the teamwork that did exist before.

Funny thing those changes have also made the "Is anyone in Cherno" jokes obsolete because nobody asks it anymore.

Edited by jblackrupert

Op I know what you mean :/ it gets lonely sometimes. 2nd day of playing the game would eb better if we had a global chat. :/

Or we could just pretend that the existing global chat IS A RADIO. Why add something that already exists?

Because it's fucking irritating to hear every swingin' dick's voice like they think they're special? It's irritating as well to have a wall of chat when I'm just trying to enjoy my gameplay.

Radios can be turned on and off, radios are a choice. There's a big difference between an actual radio, and the bullshit global chat.

It is so much better now without having to hear or see every piece of chat in the game. "How do I fill my canteen?!", "WHAI DID U SHOOT ME!?", gets pretty fucking old real fuckin' quick.

Sure the chat needs to be worked on, but I prefer it this way.

• Like 1

So this mod is pretty much singleplayer except for the people killing each other on sight.

Dude, you JUST started playing and because you can't say "hai ppl" to the entire server you're declaring the game a death match?

Are you serious?!

Dude, you JUST started playing and because you can't say "hai ppl" to the entire server you're declaring the game a death match?

Are you serious?!

Pretty much yeah.Sometimes i get bored of running for 15 minutes and reading the chat would be fun thing to do.But no.It kills the immersion.Right?That much realism will simply be the end of this mod.Mark my words.

Pretty much yeah.Sometimes i get bored of running for 15 minutes and reading the chat would be fun thing to do.But no.It kills the immersion.Right?That much realism will simply be the end of this mod.Mark my words.

When you've just started playing a mod you have NO right to say that something will "be the end" of it.

If you're not patient enough to run for 15 minutes maybe you shouldn't be playing Walking Simulator 2012.

When you've just started playing a mod you have NO right to say that something will "be the end" of it.

If you're not patient enough to run for 15 minutes maybe you shouldn't be playing Walking Simulator 2012.

You missed my point.But okay have it your way.

Only direct comm is awesome, IMO. Much better atmosphere. And at some point they will add radios for long range communication.

I heard it was 20m for text. Which makes it pretty much useless.

Text is 40m and voice is 80m, but fades over distance.

people only talk to me AFTER they tried to kill me and then its only "..FRIENDLY?" my ass im not your friend you tried to kill me!...

so i say "..yes"....after i shot them.

ammount of voice to text users is about 50/50

That much realism will simply be the end of this mod.

this is what was said shortly after it was removed in about fifty different threads, and the number of unique players has grown since then.

Well thats some hardcore bullshit.Way to ruin a game.

You just started playing and you feel it was ruined? Interesting.

Teamspeak, Skype...

most people talk on that, which I feel is retarded.

I feel Direct Chat should be mandatory

As previously said... Direct Chat doesn't work from too far out, and I don't know about you, but if I see 3 guys with Automatic Weapons and an Anti Material Sniper running towards me, I would either blast them or turn around and get shot in the back.

If people can't communicate from far ahead, they don't take risks.

We use Skype, and for the past 2 weeks or so.. we haven't engaged a single person within Direct Communication range, only at like.. 200M +

Edited by krtshv

Yeah, I would have certainly preferred that the side chat had been just made client side toggleable thing. An option that can be enabled/disabled by player preference. Then everyone would have been happy.

- Those who didn't want to look at the text/hear the voices would not have had to. (might have defaulted to this)

- Those who did like it, could have continued using it.

Its not like it would have been an "exploit" or unfair advantage to those using it. After all, a whole lot of players are already using TS/mumble, etc. to communicate at long distances. So I see no harm if there had been an integrated chat for the random/solo people on the server, that are not part of a clan and not in TS. I guess it would have decreased the immersion for those using it, but it would have been their conscious choice (just like the use of TS). Obviously the radios or such would be much better.

But yeah... I'm ok with this direct chat only stuff too... If I'm outta its range, I'll just use the bullets to do the talking. And in range, I might sometimes use the direct, if it seems safe, and if there is no answer (maybe its buggy or just the player unwilling to reply), then I go back on the shooting on sight mode. And usually people don't answer. (Ain't my fault if the other players prefer a mute shooter, rather than any other interaction - that's what they get then... or if the game chat is bugged and someone dies because of that.)

I do not bother going north anymore though, etc. There is nothing to do there. Not even the chat. No other people usually (except those high end geared snipers waiting to pop my head, whom I have no way to communicate with, so little point in that)... So I'll just stay at elektro/cherno where you might actually encounter other people at close range. (It usually ends badly for someone though.)

But, I guess we'll be experimenting that at the moment... while waiting/hoping for the radios.

Quick someone call the WAAAAAMBULANCE.

Frankly I've found it much better without global chat because it prevents bandits from meta gaming and hunting down players who don't know how to shut the fuck up. If you want more player interaction, go into the major cities, use direct communication. You'll get to talk with other players there.

You'd have to just disable all chat if it was enabled server wide because of all the window lickers. Nobody wants to listen to random bs while they're playing anyway. If you're close enough to interact with somebody then yes the chat is there have at it.

Teamspeak, Skype...

most people talk on that, which I feel is retarded.

I feel Direct Chat should be mandatory

^ Forever alone? If you were playing with friends you would be using a voip system so i dub you stupid mcstupid douche. ;)