Sign in to follow this  
Zak_Prestor

[1.7.2] New guns?

2 days ago my squadmate killed a camper near Cherno and looted him and his ATV. Among common GPS, NVG, backpack and other stuff there were 3 M8 HWS M203 SD M4A1_Holo_m203_SD with lots of stanag sd rounds.

In my opinion, the gun is pretty mediocre in terms of damage, accuracy and aimingdue to less usable scope, but with a grenade launcher intact.

My first question: Is this a legit weapon, added to DayZ with 1.7.2?

The second one: If it's hacked, can me and my buddies leave it untill we die? The gun is not as accurate as m4a1, the scope is worse then Acog, and I have never ever used any grenades before.

Question to survivors: What unconventional weapons have you looted since 1.7.2 had released? It doesn't matter if you picked them from bodies of foes or looted in military objects.

Edited by Zak_Prestor

In my opinion, the gun is pretty mediocre in terms of damage, accuracy and aiming completely loosing to M4A1 camo SD, but with a grenade launcher intact.

Why? In every other instance that I know of, damage is determined by caliber, not weapon.

Why? In every other instance that I know of, damage is determined by caliber, not weapon.

Maybe, but i have offloaded half a mag to kill one person in a distace of approxymately 100m, and only managed to injure him and let him Alt+F4

Most likely hacked.

I guess so too, but I'd like an official confirmation.

That is not an official weapon.

Congratulations! You killed a hacker!

Not me, unfortunately =)

But it would be nice of Rocket to add some new weapons, especially that of Warsaw Pact used.

Edited by Zak_Prestor

ACtually I found a HE grenade in a deer stand earlier and couldn't work out why I couldn't throw it. I am assuming that it is meant for guns with grenade launchers now. But I have never seen half of the guns in this game, everywhere I go, same guns. Enfield, Winchester, Double Barrel Shotgun, and AKM. Never seen a sniper or nade launcher.

I'm not a physicist or a balistics expert, but I would think the speed with which the projectile leaves the weapon would be just as important.

p = mv after all, right? Caliber supplies the m but the weapon has to supply the v.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I have personally had 2 M-16 203's and plenty gernades for them. HE are a bit harder to find than smoke or flare.

I'm not a physicist or a balistics expert, but I would think the speed with which the projectile leaves the weapon would be just as important.

p = mv after all, right? Caliber supplies the m but the weapon has to supply the v.

It's not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean! lmao!

The gun is irrelevant, it's where you shoot them that matters! Aim for the nutsack!

Drop that shit unless you want a ban from Rocket.

I will, but only when (or IF) any officials confirm the weapon is hacked. If this weapon is legit, I guess I can trade it for some very and very good stuff =)

ACtually I found a HE grenade in a deer stand earlier and couldn't work out why I couldn't throw it. I am assuming that it is meant for guns with grenade launchers now. But I have never seen half of the guns in this game, everywhere I go, same guns. Enfield, Winchester, Double Barrel Shotgun, and AKM. Never seen a sniper or nade launcher.

Go to the NW airfield or Stary Sobr military camps, I've found a couple M16A2 with M203 grenade launcher attachments.

I will, but only when (or IF) any officials confirm the weapon is hacked. If this weapon is legit, I guess I can trade it for some very and very good stuff =)

It's not legit.

But if you want to take your chances then go ahead

Sorry for missinformation, the actual weapon is:

M4A1 Holo M203 SD

Edited by Zak_Prestor

Is there a list someplace of all the legitimate weapons and items? That would solve this issue.

Is there a list someplace of all the legitimate weapons and items? That would solve this issue.

There is an incomplete and not always correct community wiki, but that is it. The devs have yet to actually take five minutes to type up and post a list. Instead they enjoy watching innocent people get banned for picking up hacked guns that new players cannot discern from a legitimate weapon because they were given no information regarding what is legit and what is not.

• Like 4

We've looted about 7-10 heli crashes last two days, but haven't found any new guns: 2 AS50, loads of Bizons-SD with ammo, tons of FN-FAL, 1 NVG and 2 Rangefinders...

I have concrete doubts in legitimity of M4A1 Holo M203 SD

Rocket, you promised some new weapons, including melee ones in 1.7.2!

Velocity isn't as important as the energy the bullet is carrying with it when it reaches the target. More energy = More trauma = More internal damage = deads.

For example, a 7.62x51mm round has a muzzle energy of around 2,800 ft lbs. A .50 BMG round? Around 11,100 ft lbs. ;) So when it hits soft tissue, that's the amount of force received to the body. Granted the bullet energy will decrease over distance quite significantly. Which is why we have max "effective" ranges.

Edited by KField86

It more than likely is only a spawned in weapon. Nothing will happen if you use it.

Edited by Corey_MARTINI

If it has an icon and uses ingame ammo then it might be legit.

But, it is also likely (more likely than the former) that it is hacked into the game. Your call. Risks are attached.

Velocity isn't as important as the energy the bullet is carrying with it when it reaches the target. More energy = More trauma = More internal damage = deads.

But kinetic energy is 1/2 * mass * velocity squared. So bullet velocity is very important to determine damage. For a given bullet weight, velocity is mostly a function of powder charge, that is, the cartridge used to fire the bullet. So in principle all 5,56x45mm guns should deal the same damage.

However, barrel length does have an effect on velocity. Powder keeps burning in the barrel and making the bullet accelerate as it moves towards the muzzle. In shorter barrels, there's not enough time/space for all the powder to burn, so the muzzle velocity is lower. The effect in damage is probably negligible in the short range. But it is part of the reason why carbines are shorter range weapons.

Edited by Jack Dant

I have found the m4a1 Holo it wasnt silenced tho and it had a grenade launcher I picked it up from spawn at the nwaf barracks. I never got to use it tho i stashed it in my bus and by time I went back to nwaf and found some he grenades for it server had crashed and it was gone from the bus =/