Sign in to follow this  
Zak_Prestor

[1.7.2] New guns?

For you guys discussing weapon damage, its simple, in Arma 2 it simply goes by the weapons caliber nothing much more complex. i.imgur.com/IViJ5.jpg <-- dayz weapon chart with damages in blood, ranges, loudness, and more.

I'm greatly disappointed in absence of new weapons in 1.7.2 build. I already have about 5 tents on different servers full of guns, cars are tracked by cheaters so i see no point in collecting them and i see no fun in sniping newbies in Cherno/Electro with my AS5/SVD/DMR with NVG, rangefinder ang ghilie suit.

I'm not a physicist or a balistics expert, but I would think the speed with which the projectile leaves the weapon would be just as important.

p = mv after all, right? Caliber supplies the m but the weapon has to supply the v.

No, the powder in the round itself supplies velocity for the most part. The SD weapons can only fire sub-sonic rounds, which means less V, less P.

You wont get banned for using the weapon, nor will a magic genie immediately appear and say "UR A HAKUR DYE!" and blow you up. Go ahead and shoot a few people with it for fun, but I'd suggest dropping it for a legitimate gun to keep in the good spirits of the game.

You wont get banned for using the weapon, nor will a magic genie immediately appear and say "UR A HAKUR DYE!" and blow you up. Go ahead and shoot a few people with it for fun, but I'd suggest dropping it for a legitimate gun to keep in the good spirits of the game.

I'll store in my tent: I didn't like it's scope (holo), and i'm a sniper anyway =)

The fact is that ARMA 2 has a vast arsenal of weapons. So don't flip out when you find a spawned in weapon because the differences are not really that great between weapons in this game honestly. The sights used, maybe a silencer or a GL, and that's about it. Bullets kill no matter what gun it's shot from.

• Like 1

Anyway we have only 2 of them left: I have died once just before server restart.

But I have seen this gun 3 more times in hands of survivors =\

I've also picked one up from an alt-f4'ing ghillie-wearing sniper near Elektro (we waited for him to respawn :)). I have no idea why anyone would choose this weapon to hack into the game, it's not that great. Also, there are a lot of reports of people finding these, and no clear answer as to their legitimacy. It would be nice to have an official statement on legal/illegal weapons, since I can't tell the difference.

So much misinformation in this thread.

No weapons were added in 1.7.2 besides the bear trap.

Secondly there is no holo SD version of that gun, there is however the normal holo with grenade launcher attachment

lastly, its best to drop it somewhere. If you are killed with it people will just assume you were the hacker that spawned it.