ajrunke03@gmail.com

Amazing idea to stop player killers. Thank me later!

Guys, no need to thank me now. I know, I know...my idea is simply amazing and stunning, but I am a very humble person. No thanks is necessary; consider this my contribution to this community. Also, I'm a very nice guy, giving away million dollar ideas like this...but I digress.

For every murder a player commits, have his speed incrementally decrease. Shoot enough players? Now you're slower. Don't care? Okay, well shoot at another player, aggro some walkers and try running away....may not work too well.

You're welcome,

A. James out!

Another pissed customer. Get better at the game, bud.

And what happens when you are getting shot at and kill a team of players in self defense? You're fucked for protecting yourself? I like Rockets idea of developing scars overtime or if you steal items off of a dead player you have blood on your hands for an hour or so.

Bravo. Glad to know you love penalizing self-defense.

Come back when you have something worth-while to add to the game.

This seems completely realistic.

Maybe the bandits will feel a lot of guilt, and become slower as they reflect on the people they've killed.

Maybe you can fall into depression, and you have a risk of committing suicide.

this may be the most important discovery since... EVERYTHING!

Dude... Player Killing will not dissapear there will not be any punishments for players who kill others for fun or for loot or in self defense because in a zombie apocalypse really ask yourself these 3 questions

1. Would i not kill human to protect myself?

2. Is everyone Sane enough not to kill me if i just approach them?

3. will everyone even work together to survive or try fending for themselves?

Seriously... in real life zombie apocalypse people will kill people and zombies aswell and besides DayZ is renowned for its realisticness of a real life zombie apocalypse you start adding those punishments for player killing it loses its realisticness so get real ur idea will never be implemented into DayZ. sorry bro.

Edited by Jasmer

Scars? Blood on hands? REALLY?!

If you happen to find yourself in a bandit/asshats crosshairs you aren't gonna be close enough to see scars or blood on their hands!! Odds are you'll be dead before you even know someones watching you!

Vast majority, if not all, bandits will not risk trying "the long con" by befriending you and then killing you after helping you get loot. They will kill you as soon as they see you, from distance. So the whole developing scars and blood on hands is useless.

EDIT: OP, not a bad idea, but as people have already said what happens if you kill in self defence.

Edited by Dariun

Dude... Player Killing will not dissapear there will not be any punishments for players who kill others for fun or for loot or in self defense because in a zombie apocalypse really ask yourself these 3 questions

1. Would i not kill human to protect myself?

2. Is everyone Sane enough not to kill me if i just approach them?

3. will everyone even work together to survive or try fending for themselves?

Seriously... in real life zombie apocalypse people will kill people and zombies aswell and besides DayZ is renowned for its realisticness of a real life zombie apocalypse you start adding those punishments for player killing it loses its realisticness so get real ur idea will never be implemented into DayZ. sorry bro.

While I admit the OP's idea is rather silly. Your assertion of Dayz's "realisticness" is just as silly.

As I have stated in another thread, killing in real life takes balls. There's a reason why many soldiers get PTSD and not everyone can become crime scene cleaners or ER trauma unit doctors. Probably more than half of people here can't even handle a lot of things you see in those professions without throwing up. In DayZ, killing is hardly a big deal, it's merely kiling some group of pixels that happen to resemble humans.

In real life, you can't survive alone indefinitely. Eventually, you need someone to replenish those supplies. Things won't just magically "spawn in". Why do you think the human race got to where it is now? You need people with various expertise to do things for us (generate electricity, construct buildings, manufacture weapons, vehicles, etc.).

Humans, by nature, are very social creatures. The world would be a lot more different if real life is as "realistic" as DayZ like you said. In fact, early human race was probably just as DayZ is, except instead of zombies, you have the weather elements and wild animals as threat. Occassionally, there's probably hostile people, but eventually, people banded together cause you realize all the benefits and security you get from being "friendly" with each other far outweigh just senselessly killing each other for no good reason. And that's how civilizations evolved to how we are today. Even a lot of animal species exhibit this concept and travel in packs. It's simply a built-in feature of our genes.

Sorry, I don't buy your argument of DayZ realisticness. Try again.

Edited by Whattteva

What if we kill so many players, that our speed is decreasing so much that we just stop walking, and then we kill one more player and we start walking backwards?

That would be amazing, moon-walking around Cherno with so much style, i doubt people would kill you.

• Like 2

What if we kill so many players, that our speed is decreasing so much that we just stop walking, and then we kill one more player and we start walking backwards?

That would be amazing, moon-walking around Cherno with so much style, i doubt people would kill you.

That's how you would pick out the real pros. If you see a guy moonwalking at crazy speeds, you better start running.

• Like 1

While I admit the OP's idea is rather silly. Your assertion of Dayz's "realisticness" is just as silly.

As I have stated in another thread, killing in real life takes balls. There's a reason why many soldiers get PTSD and not everyone can become crime scene cleaners or ER trauma unit doctors. Probably more than half of people here can't even handle a lot of things you see in those professions without throwing up. In DayZ, killing is hardly a big deal, it's merely kiling some group of pixels that happen to resemble humans.

In real life, you can't survive alone indefinitely. Eventually, you need someone to replenish those supplies. Things won't just magically "spawn in". Why do you think the human race got to where it is now? You need people with various expertise to do things for us (generate electricity, construct buildings, manufacture weapons, vehicles, etc.).

Humans, by nature, are very social creatures. The world would be a lot more different if real life is as "realistic" as DayZ like you said. In fact, early human race was probably just as DayZ is, except instead of zombies, you have the weather elements and wild animals as threat. Occassionally, there's probably hostile people, but eventually, people banded together cause you realize all the benefits and security you get from being "friendly" with each other far outweigh just senselessly killing each other for no good reason. And that's how civilizations evolved to how we are today.

Sorry, I don't buy your argument of DayZ realisticness. Try again.

i mean realistic in the act of survival in a world where civilization is over, people are forced to roam and find supplies to live, yes i know nothing will just "spawn" in DayZ having over 430,000+ there wouldnt be enough supplies in the 140mile map, and as for people shooting on sight there are a bunch of crazy minded people in the world who would kill people for fun why do u think serial killers keep on killing?

i mean realistic in the act of survival in a world where civilization is over, people are forced to roam and find supplies to live, yes i know nothing will just "spawn" in DayZ having over 430,000+ there wouldnt be enough supplies in the 140mile map, and as for people shooting on sight there are a bunch of crazy minded people in the world who would kill people for fun why do u think serial killers keep on killing?

Exactly why I mentioned early human life is similar to DayZ. In the beginning, there was no civilization. In addition, the human race actually went through such an apocalypse where most people died off. It was during the last supervolcano eruption better known as the "Toba Eruption" (google it). Hence, why our genes are like 99% alike, because we are all descendants of only several thousand individuals. Yet, we still came out to how we are today. That just shows you how the human race really works. Regardless of the circumstances, we will always end up like this.

Also, while there are serial killers, their prevalence is so small as a percentage of the whole population. Most people simply aren't built to be serial killers. DayZ on the other hand, practically makes everyone serial killers. Why? Because it's a game that actually rewards killing. It's far from mimicking real life.

DayZ is only an "accurate" depiction of real life, maybe in the short term, that is, the immediate aftermath proceeding the apocalypse event. But, given enough time, the human race can and will eventually group up and form civilizations in the long term; something that will never happen in DayZ. In fact, we already see this occurrence, albeit on a much smaller scale in the form of clans. But, as far as accurate real life depiction, it's still a long shot.

Edited by Whattteva

Scars? Blood on hands? REALLY?!

If you happen to find yourself in a bandit/asshats crosshairs you aren't gonna be close enough to see scars or blood on their hands!! Odds are you'll be dead before you even know someones watching you!

Vast majority, if not all, bandits will not risk trying "the long con" by befriending you and then killing you after helping you get loot. They will kill you as soon as they see you, from distance. So the whole developing scars and blood on hands is useless.

EDIT: OP, not a bad idea, but as people have already said what happens if you kill in self defence.

It's almost like he intends it for the people that are spying on another survivor. Like... he wants some subtle hint for you to know if that person you're spying on is someone you can maybe trust enough to talk to or not.

I guess that's just crazy talk.

Edited by Theweirdone

No a bunch of angry gamers and a bunch of friendly gamers is not a cross section of the people of the world. Call of Duty players all could show signs or narssisim and sociopath like tendencies. So of course this game will only bring it out more. Those players will kill me, because they CAN kill me. Put them in the real world with a real rifle in their hands and I bet the shake like a leaf on a tree. This game is an amazing social experiment to be sure. But real life? sorry last time I checked in real life when I had nothing in my hands I could punch.

Also, while there are serial killers, their prevalence is so small as a percentage of the whole population. Most people simply aren't built to be serial killers. DayZ on the other hand, practically makes everyone serial killers. Why? Because it's a game that actually rewards killing. It's far from mimicking real life.

Just casually ignore any statements people have made that you can't refute. It's what everybody else does here anyway.

DayZ does practically make everyone serial killers. Just like the real(lol) apocalypse would. Be a killer or be dead.

Just casually ignore any statements people have made that you can't refute. It's what everybody else does here anyway.

DayZ does practically make everyone serial killers. Just like the real(lol) apocalypse would. Be a killer or be dead.

Care to explain how I'm ignoring any statements? If anything, you're the one taking a snippet from my post and throwing out the rest. I at least addressed his statement and even gave a REAL historical proof of such an apocalypse that has taken place that you can search on google and read off wiki.

Edited by Whattteva