void.false@gmail.com

Latest beta patch 94876

K evidently is is the first of the 1.61 patches. It's not backwards compatablity with any 1.60 servers. Also for a bit there server running it were saying they need the client patched to 1.61.94876 but the server them self were saying 1.60.94876. This was what was stop us from playing. I can connect fine to server running the newest patch now.

Well you can always reinstall the game, as far as I know that is the only way to uninstall the beta patch (though there is an .exe in the arma 2 folder named: "Uninstall arma 2 beta patch") No idea why that is included if the patch cannot be uninstalled.....

some servers have updated to 1.61.....I played a few minutes ago.

Edited by Arch0N

Go to steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/expansion and delete the beta folder, run sixlauncher, wait for it to finish downlowding missing files, go and play. Worked for me earlier this afternoon, if it doesnt work for you try again to down 94700 or previous patch and manually patch it ( dont forget to copy the arma2oa.exe again or you will have the "updated" one.

Ok. I've tried to join regular Arma server and it worked fine. Joined some DM map (God that was refreshing!) And was kicked after I killed the admin. So the patch is working fine. It's DayZ problem.

yeah sorry about that kick, was just not expecting anyone else to join. Had fun with you after that though.

What's the odds that you would find me here! (:

That was a great match indeed. I hoped more people will join regular Arma because of unplayable DayZ servers.

The patch ruins the game. Be glad you can't use it.

useless posting like this all over these forums.

why does it ruin the game? what issues are there? etc

useless.

Ok folks the 1.61 is NOT a mistake. Pleaes read here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?137141-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-94876-(1-61-MP-build)

This beta is part of 1.61 series. Do to the recent changes with TBB 4.0 the beta is no longer backwards compat, hince the 1.61 version on it. Basically its an early release via the beta-patches of 1.61 which is probably just around the corner.