spacebeluga

Filling water bottle with rain

That's a pretty terrible idea. I suggest you get a water bottle, stand outside when it rains, and see how long it takes to fill up. Fact is, even very very heavy rain is only a few cm over any given area. Given the size of the neck in the bottle, you'd be lucky to get a quarter cup of water.

How about a new object: rain water collector. Fashioned out of a tarpaulin or something. You put it on the ground and it fills up every time it rains and empties after you fill a couple of bottles from it.

I could think of other uses for a tarpaulin too.

• Like 1

Might be something worth adding as part of the crafting system, but it really depends how far into minecraft territory Rocket wants to take it. Plus it could be quite complex to script, what with it needing to know when its raining and whatnot.

Not hard to script at all. It is possible to return the current rain density.

And yes, it does depend on how much crafting is wanted.

First of i think something needs to be done about many of the small water holes. You can't fill the water bottle in them(or atleast most of them).

Its kinda strange that the only drinkable water seems to be the Ocean.

How about having a small cabin players can put up and save their gear in or hold their gear, kind of like hunting camps, add some more hunting aspects to the game. you already have the knife and campfire which i think is great to have i love it, but add some more game types such as deer and what not. Just a few thoughts

Now wouldn't that be nice?

And why were the old bandit skins removed? They looked so operator, especially having those German patches.

Lol maybe thats the reason they were removed. All evil people turned into germans:)

But your point is good nevertheless, should definitely be added!

Yeah, should definitely have some sort of effect on the thirst level at any rate. Was dying of thirst at one point in pouring rain, ahwell.

You'd be standing there for quite a while waiting though, unless you want to grab water from non-existing pools, filled with bacteria (zombies) and oil (all the factories/airfields).

You'd be standing there for quite a while waiting though' date=' unless you want to grab water from non-existing pools, filled with bacteria (zombies) and oil (all the factories/airfields).

[/quote']

It doesnt have to be 100% realistic in time. Maybe just a few seconds more than what it normally takes.

And Wesley you're thinking too hard into it haha :) I really want it though, its so damn operator.

Go outside with a glass when its raining and time how long it takes to fill that sucker up. Now imagine instead of that open topped glass that only holds ounces of water you have a Canteen that holds two full quarts and has a opening that is less then 2 inches in diameter.

Needless to say the amount of time it would take rain to fill that up, especially depending on how heavily the rain is falling, would be quite awhile.

It would be a while and should be a while, but that is not to say that it is impossible or that it would not be useful. Once I sprinted for like 30 minutes to get water from the coast a few weeks ago when it was downpouring heavily.

could be 2mins waiting.

we need some sort of stuff with these mid/long waiting times.

How about the decline in hydration stops or halves during rain, and you would need a funnel to fill the water-bottle during rainfall?

I posted this idea a week ago. Damn hacker got it deleted....

The expanded ideas of this are: You would still be able to fill it in the open rain. But it would take a long time... Also if you happen to be in a town while it is raining; you can stroll over to a houses gutter and fill it full right there!

I said before, I'll say it again,,, what we needs is buckets, big buckets.

I said before' date=' I'll say it again,,, what we needs is buckets, big buckets.

[/quote']

and shopping carts to carry them :)

The gutter idea is a little much, however I too thought about the rain fill before. Make it a timed event when you click fill. 15 seconds maybe.

The gutter idea is a little much' date=' however I too thought about the rain fill before. Make it a timed event when you click fill. 15 seconds maybe.

[/quote']

15 seconds is good, maybe 10. Instead of the gutter maybe on one of the pine trees you could fill it up in 5?