Sign in to follow this  
happylarry77

Armed to the teeth, turned a corner, saw a guy and...

Gave him my PDW. Not to be one of those guys, because I usually shoot on sight if I'm sighted, but that gave me just as much of a thrill as killing or hiding from a guy. The dude thanked me and I ran off into the bushes as was going over to pick up the gun. Felt bloody good and it probably made his night (so far).

• Like 10

Good job, dude. It's nice to hear some good news once in a while, in this crazy fucked Zed infected world we live in. Keep up the good work.

You gave him one of the most crappy side arms in the game? Would have been kinder to kill him :P

• Like 3

I carry a PDW mag or two. That way I have plenty of G17 ammo :D

Good work not being a dick. I think more people should try it.

I just gave a person an m9. Although I probably should have killed him, since surely the only reason he didnt kill me was becuase he didnt have a weapon.

Sweet work, nice to know there are people still doing kind acts! i dont shoot on sight either xD

Nice to see some kindness in the world, kinda want to do the same thing myself :)

Gave him my PDW. Not to be one of those guys, because I usually shoot on sight if I'm sighted, but that gave me just as much of a thrill as killing or hiding from a guy. The dude thanked me and I ran off into the bushes as was going over to pick up the gun. Felt bloody good and it probably made his night (so far).

np52td.jpg

I took inspiration from this thread and tried it myself. I was hanging out near the outskirts of Cherno at the apartment buildings (fully kitted up with a spare Winchester rifle and bunch of ammo) waiting for someone to arrive. Eventually a player arrived with nothing but his torch, painkillers and a bandage, so I offered him the Winchester. He gratefully accepted and went on his way. I am suprised to say that this was one of the most satisflying moment I have had in DayZ.

Edited by johnsmith312

Good on you man. I don't shoot on sight either, and there have been several times where this has gotten me killed. But honestly, I feel better NOT falling to those people's level. I am more likely to try to help someone than to try to kill them (unless they shoot first, and then it's just self defense).

I took inspiration from this thread and tried it myself. I was hanging out near the outskirts of Cherno at the apartment buildings (fully kitted up with a spare Winchester rifle and bunch of ammo) waiting for someone to arrive. Eventually a player arrived with nothing but his torch, painkillers and a bandage, so I offered him the Winchester. He gratefully accepted and went on his way. I am suprised to say that this was one of the most satisflying moment I have had in DayZ.

See? It's weird. Killing someone is easy most of the time, but giving someone a weapon? They have just started out and are looking at you in camo and a rifle on your back, you've got to trust that they appreciate what you've done enough to let you go. It's intense haha.

Half the reason I made this thread was for the slight chance the guy I gave the PDW to would see it and reply haha.

Good on you - wish more people tried this because actually getting a stranger to converse with you and helping them out is more satisfying than just killing them.

I mean - there are a million games out there where you can kill players. Only one I can think of where you can attempt to bring an enemy on to your side.

I had a thread about my experiments doing this so far - needs updated, but will do it soon after reading your post.

Last night I stumble upon a bus on a road high up in mountains.As I am searching around it I am looking everywhere to see if anyone is around.Suddenly,as I am walking to go around the bus to other side,a woman appears from the corner I was headed to and just opens fire and wastes me there on the spot.It happened so quick that my only thought before I dropped was ...oh wow a woman.

I ran around Cherno to offer supplies and a guy broke my arm with his Makarov, I was carrying my hatchet. Word to the wise, the fellow with the hatchet does not enjoy being shot.

Good news is that after I sorted out that bit of business, I was able to pass on supplies to someone hiding in the store. Kids do the strangest things...