I_Guts_I

Headshots Required To Kill Zeds

Headshot required to kill Zeds/Infected  

1. 1. In order to kill a Zed/Infected you must get a headshot. (When pathing/zig zag gets fixed)

If they're slow ass zombies from Resident Evil, i won't mind the headshot idea but at their current speed they're already lethal enough.

Think of when you get them into a building. They basically turn into harmless little slow walking trees that are killed very easily.

I think the zig-zagg needs a fix, in any case.

BUT, if the head shot was really necessary to kill them, i would also think their speed would need to be reduced, otherwise i think it's not viable due to the amount of zombies that sometimes comes our way.

Edited by Fenrig
  • Like 1

I think the zig-zagg needs a fix, in any case.

BUT, if the head shot was really necessary to kill them, i would also think their speed would need to be reduced, otherwise i think it's not viable due to the amount of zombies that sometimes comes our way.

Did you just like your own post? I do agree with the pathing needing to be fixed but not the speed. If anything I want the speed to be faster than the player so you can't outrun them forever. Like a build up to top speed..

Think of when you get them into a building. They basically turn into harmless little slow walking trees that are killed very easily.

True but sometimes when they're chasing you out in the open with non-accessible buildings on sight, headshots can be a little too tough. Their speed need to be reduced for players to have a slim chance to turn around and shoot them on the head.

True but sometimes when they're chasing you out in the open with non-accessible buildings on sight, headshots can be a little too tough. Their speed need to be reduced for players to have a slim chance to turn around and shoot them on the head.

I don't know. A part of me agrees with part of what your saying but the other part says that zombies need to be harder to kill in the open field.

As of now running up a steep hill gives us that chance to take a shot and kill a few zombies.

Edited by I_Guts_I

I hope you noticed that you start off with nothing, with that being said, it's already hard dealing with zombos when you are without nothing. So if you are trying to make a suggestion to make this game harder, thing isn't going to work out. First of all shooting them in the body is deadly enough, head is just a quicker way. I don't know where did you get the theory that brain pumps blood, but hey, nice idea.

Besides I don't see them weak, in fact it's way more realistic, they are just as humans, 1-2 shots dead. Except there is more of them, which balances stuff around. And why the fuck are people getting butthurt about people calling them differently, who gives a shit. ZOMBIES, ZOMBIES!

I hope you noticed that you start off with nothing, with that being said, it's already hard dealing with zombos when you are without nothing. So if you are trying to make a suggestion to make this game harder, thing isn't going to work out. First of all shooting them in the body is deadly enough, head is just a quicker way. I don't know where did you get the theory that brain pumps blood, but hey, nice idea.

Besides I don't see them weak, in fact it's way more realistic, they are just as humans, 1-2 shots dead. Except there is more of them, which balances stuff around. And why the fuck are people getting butthurt about people calling them differently, who gives a shit. ZOMBIES, ZOMBIES!

Where did I ever say anything about realism? Please show me.

When your talking about people being butthurt you call them zombies but you say they are just like humans. You are all over the place man.

You start of with nothing yes. Its not hard to hit them in the head with a melee weapon though. I want the zombies to be more of an effect on our psyche. I want us to fear them more and actually have to survive against zombie and not the players.

No. As rocket said, they're not dead, just infected. And i guess an infected body needs nearly all its functions to stay alive.

So if you disable one or more of these functions, the Zed will just die.

Why?

Even if a guy is completely whacked out of his mind and i pump 10 shots into him, eventually he's gonna drop, These are not corpses remember they are just really highly strung humans looking for a cuddle.

They're supposed to be diseased humans, not undead. So headshots shouldn't be the only way to kill them.

ummm no, horrible idea...especially right now when there is no consistency to their attack - randomly getting knocked down, etc....

Hehe, that's some badass suggestion, I like it!

+1!

It would turn them into zombies not infected but I strongly support this, making zombies more of a threat seems like a great idea. Anything to more empthesis on PvE will down play PvP.

I like how people bring the argument that they are infected not zombies meanwhile EVERYONE in this game runs into a building if one is nearby to slow them down effectively transforming them into a zombie xD

@ Question alone:

No thanks. They're infected, why would I have to kill them with a headshot if I can just fill them with bullets in other parts to make 'em drop? There's no vodoo magic yet. If you think about it, they're already (some pathing and AI issues out of the picture) a threat.

All the kids voted "No".

This mod is not for casuals, it shouldn't be adjusted for casuals.

No! fix the zeds first then worry about that, it would be ok to require headshots if they didnt zig zag, moved at a slower speed and didnt glitch through every wall/door/ceiling lol

Rocket has expressed interest in having the infected to be in certain "stages" of infection recently. What about the idea of implementing that the freshly infected have good use of limbs which help them run and chase at high speeds, but body shots can still put down the freshly infected. Meanwhile, zombies in the later stages of the infection would have poor use of their host body, but due to the complete takeover of the infection, a headshot is required to put it down for good.

With that, it satisfies the want for different kinds of zombies, gives purpose to the different stages of the infection, and adds a different element to determining the best way to handle the infected in your path.

I use the words "zombie" and "infected" interchangeably because I don't care and it's silly to argue it. It's clear what my point is, so lets not whine over the technicalities.

Edited by DrPork
  • Like 1

I would say no, because atm they are infected, and if you destroy their organs they die like anyone else. If you implement headshots only, then you are going into the realm of magical zombies etc, and thats just bullshit.

So many horrible players clicking no. It's sad, it really SHOULD be headshot only.

I would say no, because atm they are infected, and if you destroy their organs they die like anyone else. If you implement headshots only, then you are going into the realm of magical zombies etc, and thats just bullshit.

''Zombies'' Can crawl around with half of their body missing. They're already dead, losing blood will not affect them, neither will losing their ''organs''. Have you ever heard the term ''Take off the head of the snake''?