mediocreyeti@gmail.com

Did I kill an admin/hacker?

Okay so me and two of my friends were up near starry. My friend was sniping and I would run up and loot while he stayed back since i didnt have much. Anyways I log into a different server and I see this guy in front of me with an AS50 on his back. I didnt kill him for a while because my friend had one and I thought it was him. But then I realized my friend was about 500 meters away in the treeline. So I shoot this guy named "Mike" in the back with my silenced MP5. Pump a whole clip into him and he is still standing unaware of my existance. I fire a couple m1911 rounds into him. Then procced to shoot another clip of MP5 ammo. He finaly dies and it says "Mike has died from friendly fire" or something like that. I loot his glitched body (he was still standing up dead) get the AS50, clips, FAL, nightvision, Coyote Backpack, and some food off of him. Then he keeps reapearing really close to us with the same gear (as50/fal/g17) and my friend keeps blowing shots into him with his as50 while i keep looting. We then just book it to the NW airfield and loot there. (oddly no one was there on a server with 50 people).

Anyways GF Mike.

Regardless of him being an admin, it sure smells like a hacker...

He was probably a shitty script kiddie. DIdnt even know how to use em properly or something like that :P Enjoy his delicous loot.... while it lasts.

Maybe an AI.. Ive heard rumors of ai taking slots on the server.. Ive also seen one myself

Maybe an AI.. Ive heard rumors of ai taking slots on the server.. Ive also seen one myself

The AI don't seem to actually exist, they just occupy a slot for a few seconds by accident.

Yes this is a exploit. If it says been killed by friendly fire, it's this exploit. Had a massive firefight a while ago with three guys (vs 4 of us) and we lost since they kept respawning with fully equipped gear.

edit: removed small indicators on how to do this, sorry.

Edited by y0brah

Ok, everyone, you're character appears before you fully log-in, he was still on "Receiving" or something, he's not a hacker, he was just logging in, whenever it does "was kill by friendly fire" it's when they are logging in.

Ok, everyone, you're character appears before you fully log-in, he was still on "Receiving" or something, he's not a hacker, he was just logging in, whenever it does "was kill by friendly fire" it's when they are logging in.

Well even if that did happen he should not have respawned with the same gear in a different location or within proximity of him. In my opinion, it seems like he is a hacker with only a few scripts that he copy and pastes and can't create a specific scenario to kill people.

This is true. During the time your character is creating, and you're loading in, you actually appear in game for a couple of seconds before you are in control of your character. You killed him while he was loading in, thus you received the friendly fire message. I've killed server hoppers plenty of times loading in to the northern barracks at NWAF. It will give me that message, and I won't receive a murder for it. He was probably stuck at loading, and trying a few different times to get into that server, which is why he wasn't dying and falling to the ground. If he got in all the way, he then would of came in the game and immediately dropped dead on the ground as the client & server would of registered with each other.

No hacker, no glitch. You just killed him while connecting in. It also could of just been due to bugs. I don't rule out the fact that it could of been an inexperienced hacker trying to load scripts, etc.. but if you're going to hack, I imagine you would hack in a weapon with a far greater advantage, like perhaps the M107 w/ Thermal Scope that is in Arma. I just know from experience that the Friendly Fire message appears when killing someone who is not in the game fully yet.

Edited by KField86

Something like this happened to me at the elektro powerplant firehouse. Was on a nighttime server, trying to loot and stay away from people so I could book it North after getting a decent stock of supplies. I went into the firehouse and some guy with a M14 Aim was just standing there. He scared the shit out of me, so I just kept firing my Winchester into him. He died, but his body was just standing there. I didn't know wtf was going on, so I put another bullet in his head. Out of nowhere, some guy appeared at his body, looked at me, then took off running out of the firehouse. Was my 2nd or 3rd day playing and I didn't know wtf happened.

Me and my friends killed an admin not to long ago, he had some very nice gear. M4A1CCO SD, evey tool imaginable, alice pack. Funny thing is he made a server anouncment that combat loggers will be banned. He combat logged in the middle of our firefight. He did come back tho. We got him on tape so I would love to see him try banning us

yeah same thing happened to me, there were 9 of us sniping into elektro on this particular day, the elektro mall must have had a sale on cos it was like a bonanza of targets to take out and pillage, we had 3 guys purely keeping watch on the hill with thermals three guys keeping watch down the hill and 3 sniping one of the snipers being myself, FKN LOVE m107!!!, anyhow, after we had killed maybe our 25th target a guy appeared out of nowhere fully kitted between us all and was taken out swiftly by one of the spotters, his body immediately disappeared and seconds later he returned, same thing, then less than 2 minutes later this happened at least 5 times and he was FULLY kitted each time, so yunno, fkn hackers.

yeah same thing happened to me, there were 9 of us sniping into elektro on this particular day, the elektro mall must have had a sale on cos it was like a bonanza of targets to take out and pillage, we had 3 guys purely keeping watch on the hill with thermals three guys keeping watch down the hill and 3 sniping one of the snipers being myself, FKN LOVE m107!!!, anyhow, after we had killed maybe our 25th target a guy appeared out of nowhere fully kitted between us all and was taken out swiftly by one of the spotters, his body immediately disappeared and seconds later he returned, same thing, then less than 2 minutes later this happened at least 5 times and he was FULLY kitted each time, so yunno, fkn hackers.

Agreed, this is not some player connecting. This is a exploit, I've killed the same guy 3-4 times and he keeps coming back near the same place he died. Just some sad scripters

The AI don't seem to actually exist, they just occupy a slot for a few seconds by accident.

Yeah but i mean ive seen one in FRONT of me. And killed it.

Regardless of him being an admin, it sure smells like a hacker...

admin or not he was a hacker, admins dont have power to spawn loot or teleport

Eh, I wouldn't jump to hacker conclusion. Had this happen once when my friend logged out next to me. He went offline and an NPC was standing there in his place wearing his gear for hours after he was off the server. Killing it popped another up somewhere. After a little while it went away. It could very well just be a bug.

Though with him we couldn't loot anything off of him, but we COULD open up the backpack while the NPC was still alive.

I've not only seen one I've shot him and looted his corpse. AI do occasionally spawn due to various bugs. But they just stand still.

Due to loading bugs and sync issues I wouldn't guarantee this was hacking. If you killed him and he relogged before the main server realized he was dead it may have respawned him at the same spot with the same gear.

I've had times where I logged in and found a copy of myself dead at my feet, with a message that I'd been killed. Other times you'll log into the wilderness (no trees or anything), and if you relog again you'll find yourself near cherno with all your gear - regardless of where you were before. There will be a dead copy of your body wherever you were before as well.

I'd imagine all these bugs are due to how flaky and long the loading process is to get into a server.

It's not a hack or anything guys, things you are talking about are just some ALT-F4'ers, its like with item duplication, if you die and disconnect immidiately your death does not save in the hive and the guy you thought you killed is coming back in the same place his dead body is.