(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

All the things.

I think the mood is right to bring up, maybe..... orgy?

Edited by Hodgeasaurus
  • Like 1

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

All the things.

I think the mood is right to bring up, maybe..... orgy?

i'm totes in! let's get this shit started!

The OP is so articulate, yet so brain dead. Since you took the time to speak so well, I'll take the time to respond likewise. Despite your objectios to this fact, the game is an alpha. It is very incomplete feature wise. This is the time for eff'ed up builds and terrible ideas. I fully expect that 1.7.3 will provide many fixes to the game that will increase general enjoyment. I also fully expect 1.7.3 to be a horrendous failure. In my opinion, Rocket and team have delivered something that is unique in todays market for games. I say bravo. I've never epxerienced something quite like this. Never before have I run for 30 minutes arcoss barren fields to give a friend morphine for his leg. Seriously, 30 minutes of just running, doing nothing but holding 'w', and looking around to make sure I wasn't spotted/followed. I enjoyed every second. I fully support continued experimentation by Rocket and team. It is experimentation, with all its success and failures, that will drive DayZ forward. Will DayZ become a fantastic game? A complete failure? Only time will tell. In my eyes, DayZ is a great experience, and a truely unqiue one at that. OP, I hope you develop patience for this process of experimentation, trial and error, that DayZ is going through. If not, perhaps this is something you should come back to at a later date when things are more complete. That said, I hope you continue to play DayZ. Have faith.

If it matters, yes, I bought ARMA II to play this. I had seen ARMA before, but never given it a try. Perhaps that was a mistake.

He sad he wants to frustrate us and his detrimentally bad development decisions have done just that. What else needs to be said? BTW that AK is actually a converted Saiga 7.62x39mm and its VERY SWEET I recommend it.

All I know is banana clips are the bees knees!

So what if an unstable build happens? At least the dev's learn how not to do it!

And just because a build was stable and fun dosn't mean that new ideas and balancing changes make the game less fun. If some changes have a negativ impact on the game I'm shure they will dissapear or get changed again.

Let the Dev Team have their fun and time with the builds, I'm pretty confident something good will come out of it... and if not you can always demand you money back.....

He never had plans for this to be released, he even said it was a small project that was meant for close friends. Then somehow it made its way into the "public jungle" and took off.

After being a alpha/beta tester for many mods/games, I have seen worse, and have seen better. Hell, was one of the first people to play Team Fortress back in the day, and let me tell you, it had many many bugs. It surely didn't start out perfect.

This game will make it just fine. Yes it is frustrating that the last patch has screwed something's up, I just took a few days off. Been watching a lot of streams and from what buddies of said its not as bad as some of you are saying

Op doesn't seem to know what Alpha means. 1.7.1.5 was not stable, sure it's more stable than this latest patch, but in order to move forward and make the game better, Rocket has to have us test different zombie behaviours and everything else for that matter. That's what we're here for, we test the mod. No quality should be expected at all from seeing the word 'Alpha'.

Bottom line - If you don't like 1.2, play the servers which still run the old patch, there's plenty. Also, you are not entitled to any quality at all.

Hopefully you understand now OP, but if not all hope is lost and I will leave you to be ignorant. <_<

while i appreciate your consideration, lube is for amateurs!

The lube is merely just for my foot. It's about to get freaky.

Too far? Never. Too deep? Maybe.

• Like 1

Goal: Create a winning formula that creates tension and fun, and then deliberately ruin it to upset the community all for the sake of "experimentation".

Yes, I'm sure rocket set out to 'deliberately ruin' the mod. Think before you type; these are bugs, they're not intentional.

You seem to forget that this is a mod, you're not entitled to anything. If there's bugs they will be eventually fixed, but it's up to the developer to prioritise his time to either bug fixing or content.

It really aggravates me to see people like you on these forums; if you are a big Arma fan that's fine, but you've got to realise that outside your fucking box, indie games make mistakes like this ALL the time, and that's not a problem at all in the testing phase because that's what Alpha is for; you indicate your entire post that saying 'It's because its in Alpha' is wrong, whereas Alpha is the stage you want to be making your mistakes.

Edited by Ichimaruu

Examples: Create a stable build with a fulfilling diversity of features in 1.7.1.5, where persistence, AI, and community enjoyment are at a satisfactory and balanced level. Then, rather than simply attempt to polish the "winning build", proceed to change the game to unstable build with more bugs and game-breaking difficulty as a result of those bugs just to add in Bear Traps and give people with low end hardware a 5 frames-per-second boost .

First of all, to say that the mod should have been polished at 1.7.1.5 for release is moronic. When you look at things overall, there really isn't shit to do. Even rocket himself has said he's surprised there's been any replayability at all. The point of an Alpha is to add features to something, which is what rocket is currently doing. 1.7.2 was for a lot more than Bear Traps. A pretty big part of it are the optimizations he's trying to bring to things. Which are a lot more to do with server stability than people with low-end hardware. Ones things are stable it gives him room to try new things, like giving us something to do rather than loot pile NWAF.

It's a test. Things are going to be broken, it's a given. He didn't have to do an open alpha but he did, it gives him a lot of feedback from a whole lot of people. Not all of the issues are high on his list to fix. If you lose your gear, oh well.....it's a game. If you die to a retarded bug, good job, you're doing what you're suppose to be doing as a tester. But then again, from your mentality of your posts here.....you probably haven't made a single constructive post/bug report when you die to stupid shit.

If rocket breaks things after a patch and you die for it, maybe you should stop playing for a while after he releases them if it bothers you that much. It generally doesn't take very long for him to patch things up from whatever he broke with the last updates. I'm not bashing rocket, it's just a process that has to happen.

If it's as terrible of a mod as you say, just stop playing. The community is better without people like you anyways.

People that are truly upset about the alpha's ups and downs fail to realize breaking the game's code and trying out new, and sometimes ultimately failed additions are part of the formula in creating an all-around polished game. They seem to forget they are testers of an unfinished product, and are meant to provide constructive feedback, whether it be negative or positive, so the community and the game can benefit as a whole. Baseless and unfocused slander like this topic encompass the attitudes of the ungrateful and the unjustifiably impatient. If having your pixels and hours taken from you is too great a cost for a free game, leave and come back in a year when things have stabilized, or better yet, readjust your attitude to a more proactive paradigm and rejoin the community in trying to bring this game to life.

I still don't see how we are testing the alpha if half us can't even play the alpha since the update.

• Like 1

Wow that was the biggest load of pseudo-intellecetual non-sense i've read in quite a while. You really fancy yourself as quite the critic don't you. Did you lose all your computer game gear?

Man you're all being such douches to this guy, this is a really unfriendly community. Any sort of intelligent criticism gets instantly barked down.

• Like 4

Man you're all being such douches to this guy, this is a really unfriendly community. Any sort of intelligent criticism gets instantly barked down.

"Intelligent criticism" - Oh please, the guy knew the replies he would get before he got them. All I could see from the OP is complaining, even after several people told him nicely that it's alpha and all nessecary in Dayz's development.

• Like 2

Maybe because it's not intelligent criticism z-layrex.

It's half-arsed trolling.

FrankDaTank's plan.

Jump on forum. Outline 'Rocket's plan' by using a detailed lack of understanding of what an alpha is and then spattering in half-truths throughout.

Defend troll post by saying it is 'valid criticism' despite the fact that it is openly hostile and actively stupid.

Drool on self.

Congratulate self for successful trolling with a wank. Drink own sperm and pretend it is 'trolled people's tears'.

Edited by Joaby
  • Like 3

It's simpler than that I think. There just is no plan. Pretty much fishing in the dark.

Yea. Rocket had a good thing to build-upon. Someone brought him a manure bucket and he threw it on the canvas. Stupid is as stupid does.

Inb4 12 pages of comments you've read before...

Perhaps....

Anyone notice the latest additions to zombie attack animiation and noises from several patches ago? The animation is a lightning fast slouch / thriller thing, and the sound is WEEE WWEE EWEEE WEEEEEEE ( a gay person getting his own decapitated penis shoved up his ass)

I think his "experiement" is to see how many shitty additions we will accept.

Edited by nightpaws
  • Like 1

Maybe because it's not intelligent criticism z-layrex.

It's half-arsed trolling.

FrankDaTank's plan.

Jump on forum. Outline 'Rocket's plan' by using a detailed lack of understanding of what an alpha is and then spattering in half-truths throughout.

Defend troll post by saying it is 'valid criticism' despite the fact that it is openly hostile and actively stupid.

Drool on self.

Congratulate self for successful trolling with a wank. Drink own sperm and pretend it is 'trolled people's tears'.

Are you disabled or something? What are you even typing?

I'm not sure the OP understands how an alpha test works. This is obviously a troll as in his first few sentences he accuses Rocket of DELIBERATELY ruining the game to add a feature, which is absurd.

People are using the 'It's Alpha' response because it's true. From the OP's attitude, it's obvious he hasn't played an alpha test, let alone an alpha test of a mod made by an independent developer with little to no funding.

No, you're so upset and so angry because you probably lost one of your good characters to the newly insane aggro zombies. People have already informed Rocket of this and if you don't have the patience to see through a fix, then you're not welcome here.

Edited by Jachim

It's simpler than that I think. There just is no plan. Pretty much fishing in the dark.

Yea. Rocket had a good thing to build-upon. Someone brought him a manure bucket and he threw it on the canvas. Stupid is as stupid does.

Are you disabled or something? What are you even typing?

I think that's one of those poem or haiku thingy dingys

Hehe I knew he is just having a laugh.. probably is bragging I promise I can give these idiots gamers any cr@p, I can think off and I will still succeed. I will have fan boys and everyone will say alpha. And the more I break the game the more they will feel elite. HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA

Even my forum will have broken smiles. I will misspell maintenance ... Game Design Quality control.. YOU ARE FIRED ... :P

Please consider above comment as alpha.. ;)

Edited by Ankhenaten
  • Like 1