• Zombie sight needs a boost, hearing a nerf
    • Zombie hearing needs a boost, sight a nerf
  2. 2. Zombie speed

• Zombie speed is fine
    • Zombie speed needs to be higher
    • Zombies need to be slower, but faster than the player
    • Zombies need to be slower, as fast as the player
    • Zombies need to be slower, slower than the player
  3. 3. Other stuff (tick everything you like)

• Mixed Zombie Speeds
    • Zombies in the woods
    • General more Zombies
    • Zombies are totally fine
    • Zombies zig-zag too much
    • Zombies need to make people sick (virus likewise)
    • Zombies stumbling and getting irritated by objects/trees in their path
    • Zombies generally need to be easier
    • Zombies generally need to be harder
    • Zombies are bugged as hell
    • Zombies need to be tougher (more HP)

I want it to be so that you can't really afford to make mistakes around zombies. Make it more of a life and dead situation. Zombies should be turned into the main antagonist, instead of an inconvenience. Zombies brought on the end of the world after all.

I filled in this poll with this in mind.

nekro bump, wanna gather more opinions

I think the zombies could move a little slower as it's hard to outrun them and if you don't have a weapon (you can't even use your hands to break neck, punch or strangle the zombies) if they ran faster than you, you're simply fucked.

The hearing and sight is fine as it is IMO, I can Shift Walk to a zombie and kill it with an axe before it spots me, and if I'm directly infront of it it will only see me from 5 feet away, can't see that needing a nerf :D

Yeah they are bugged as hell (running/walking/attacking through walls, walking in floors) and zig-zagging all over the place making me waste my precious ammo :D (I'm new I am not a great shot yet)

• Like 1

Zombies or the "Infected" need to be tougher, stronger, meaner, but definitely slower (but no slower than a player), and have poorer vision then they currently have. Oh and there need to be more of them and they need a group aggro system where if you aggro one zombie every zombie within 50 meters of it will also be aggroed, and this needs to have a cascading effect until the entire town/city is chasing your ass. Though conversely, they should focus on the wounded, ignoring perfectly healthy players to hone in on the cripple and strip him down to the bone, while also being stupider being that if they lose contact for more then 10 seconds or until it takes them to reach last known location, they should immediately give up the chase and disperse back into the city. In this way zombies will be more of a threat and consideration for people firing off loud weapons in city limits, or anywhere near a town without proper back up.

Edited by KageRyuu
  • Like 1

well, i tend to play team fortress 2 alot myself, and that game is one of the fastest i know of (scout for example)

i'm not the best, but normally on open servers i am top to third best on the server pointwise

i played shooters for a very long time, and still, the dayZ zombies can change directions way too quickly

imagine you are running full speed into one direction, theres no way in the world that without a wall or rubber shoes+metal floor you are going to immediately change your directions like the zeds do

its ok for the speed of the player, but when zombies run about 50 miles an hour (which they really do, tested it actually) its just near impossible to aim at them when they are running towards you zig-zaging

Also zombie collision! and MORE zombies! I want bigger cities to be totally overrun by ZOMBIES!

Also zombie collision! and MORE zombies! I want bigger cities to be totally overrun by ZOMBIES!

Yeah man! Like Atlanta in The Walking Dead? "We don't go to Cherno"

"Why?"

"Because there's Bandits that will snipe you"

What it should be like is this:

"We don't go to Cherno"

"Why?"

"The hordes, the walkers are everywhere!"

One thing I dont like is that they can hear me from a good distance but If I have my back to them I cant hear them running up on me till they have already attacked me.

Need Zombies in the woods. Heck, since you are doing a heat map, spawn zombies along those lanes, wherever they are. More zombies, and spread them out. Make them more likely to investigate things from farther off, and they keep moving in that direction until something aggros them or their investigation is set off again. Somewhat better pathing indoors, better use of doors and ladders. No one should be safe on a roof, even if the building isn't enterable doesn't mean its empty of zeds. I.e. places where people like to camp are going to attract infected.

Why? Zombies already track us by smell, sight and sound and they want to eat us. They aren't lazy they are infected. Even the dumbest animal doesn't sit in one place hoping a meal comes by when they know a meal can be found at X. Towns are more likely to have people in them, but there is a lot of noise coming from those hills and roofs, there is a lot of adreneline and human smell coming from the woods. Give them better range detection, if they hear a far off shot, they will be more likely to aggro from further away if the noise continues.

Buff Zombie aggro/investigation for a short period after making a kill, although have a few stop to eat a fresh kill. Have investigation/aggro'd zombies pass this status on to zombies near them. If one starts grunting like it detects something, the others will know something set it off. Also, consider making some zeds silent, only creating noise from movement and more that pretend to be dead then aggro.

As it is, I think the Zombie detection is about 80% correct, with a few bugs involving aggroing a zombie 200m away with no reason (sight/sound/smell). While most of my zombie deaths come from one Mike Tyson Zombie ko'ing me in one hit, I also have to say most of my zombie deaths came from overconfidence in my escape skills. I like that one lucky/dumb shot can mean a return to the Beach Party.

Edited by Ampoliros

Need Zombies in the woods. Heck, since you are doing a heat map, spawn zombies along those lanes, wherever they are. More zombies, and spread them out. Make them more likely to investigate things from farther off, and they keep moving in that direction until something aggros them or their investigation is set off again. Somewhat better pathing indoors, better use of doors and ladders. No one should be safe on a roof, even if the building isn't enterable doesn't mean its empty of zeds. I.e. places where people like to camp are going to attract infected.

Why? Zombies already track us by smell, sight and sound and they want to eat us. They aren't lazy they are infected. Even the dumbest animal doesn't sit in one place hoping a meal comes by when they know a meal can be found at X. Towns are more likely to have people in them, but there is a lot of noise coming from those hills and roofs, there is a lot of adreneline and human smell coming from the woods. Give them better range detection, if they hear a far off shot, they will be more likely to aggro from further away if the noise continues.

Buff Zombie aggro/investigation for a short period after making a kill, although have a few stop to eat a fresh kill. Have investigation/aggro'd zombies pass this status on to zombies near them. If one starts grunting like it detects something, the others will know something set it off. Also, consider making some zeds silent, only creating noise from movement and more that pretend to be dead then aggro.

As it is, I think the Zombie detection is about 80% correct, with a few bugs involving aggroing a zombie 200m away with no reason (sight/sound/smell). While most of my zombie deaths come from one Mike Tyson Zombie ko'ing me in one hit, I also have to say most of my zombie deaths came from overconfidence in my escape skills. I like that one lucky/dumb shot can mean a return to the Beach Party.

Good points. As for the current state of the zombies, they are absolutely deaf. I think detecting survivors by regular noises should be upped somewhat (though not quite to the level it was at 1.7.1.5) but aggro from gunshots should be on the same level as it was back then. Even the dinner bell doesn't call out the guests any more :/ And you shouldn't be able to lose zombies just by running behind some trees... when they get slowed down to the level where they can actually hit you on the chase we will have some nice zeds I think. Do I keep running away and get constantly hit? Or do I stop and make a stand? I think small bleeds could also be added that would be caused by infected quite often. These bleeds would last only for somewhere around 300-1000 blood before stopping by themselves, but it would make you paranoid about whether it is actually just a small bleed or are you going to bleed out if you keep running away.

Edited by vesmo

Zombies need to be harder! Nowadays you don't even have to kill them, you can just run around corner and crouch and they'll lose sight of you or run through bushes. I'm killing them only for the fun of it, not that I would have any need to.

yes, zombies are way too easy in the game for two raisins (mhh, raisins)

1) They cant hit you when you are running

2) They walk inside buildings

so, the second point being an arma and not dayZ issue, the first should definitely be looked at

zombies are fucking fast, as rocket said this is to let them be able to catch up even if they take detours because of the poor pathing scripts

however, this makes them annoying as hell, not dangerous like they should be

i say make the zombies just as fast as the player, but let them be able to hit the player while running (whenever in melee range for a hit, it could be programmed as if the zombies have an unlimited range for the next attack, but only for the player being aggroed, since zombies are client computed once aggroed, this should be possible i guess)

please make zombies dangerous predators, not annoying fanboys

PLEASE fix the zombies, not make them easier but make them semi-realistic!! Too fast, too smart.

yes, zombies are way too easy in the game for two raisins (mhh, raisins)

1) They cant hit you when you are running

2) They walk inside buildings

so, the second point being an arma and not dayZ issue, the first should definitely be looked at

zombies are fucking fast, as rocket said this is to let them be able to catch up even if they take detours because of the poor pathing scripts

however, this makes them annoying as hell, not dangerous like they should be

i say make the zombies just as fast as the player, but let them be able to hit the player while running (whenever in melee range for a hit, it could be programmed as if the zombies have an unlimited range for the next attack, but only for the player being aggroed, since zombies are client computed once aggroed, this should be possible i guess)

please make zombies dangerous predators, not annoying fanboys

May make some people mad when they think they get killed by "lag", however with the change in the speed of the zombies it would work nicely :)

Good post! Exactly what I made this account to say, you already got it for me though.

• Like 1

I checked both zombies need to be easier and harder. What I had in mind was that zombies should be easier to shoot at zigzag less and zombies shouldn't hit through walls. Harder in a sense that they hit you harder but don't cause immediate bleed.

Taking on 1 zombie should be piece of cake with any weapon.

Taking on 4 zombies should be hard with melee but somewhat easy with a pistol (revolver or other that has low clip size)

Taking on 10+ zombies should mean you're dead unless you run or have an assault rifle or SAW

Now if you get hit by one zombie you almost always start to bleed and that bleed is usually pretty severe.

I recon there should be different tiers of bleed.

The mildest case would cease to bleed on its own after a while and wouldn't be an issue.

The medium case would need to be bandaged at some point but you should be fine to bleed for minutes. Also it would turn to the mild case after a while and eventually would stop bleeding altogether.

The worst case would be a gushing wound in your leg that will make you bleed out in less than 10 seconds. Also it should only happen from PVP (getting shot in the leg, where the main artery is) or if you're prone or unconscious and a zombie bites and rips a hole in you.

There should be more zombies but they should be a lot slower and not like the sprinters they are now.

Going into a town guns blazing should attract zombies to the sound and if they were slower it wouldn't be an issue even if they did aggro you since they'd well.. be slower.

Now the zombies are just very finicky when it comes to aggro and the current system seems buggy as shit since they aggro completely at random now. Sometimes you can run past a zombie 1 meter away and they're just fine with it and sometimes (very often now) you aggro one from more than 100 meters away.

Yeah, because of that last point if I'm trying to be sneaky I don't walk anywhere near a town, I crawl, because a few lives back when I tried crouch walking around a town, I got aggroed by 3 zombies over a 100 meters away and had to run back into town to lose them because I was completely unarmed (another big issue) and out in the middle of a field.

They are dead people how came back to life... how are they in good enough condition to run faster than a fully grown male in good health???? Great pole.

I hope rocket disregards this poll. if he listens to the popular opinion it would ruin zombies.

I'd like it if zombies didn't instantly start sprinting if they hear any noise. unless the noise is super loud and unmistakably a survivor (like a gun shot) zombies shouldn't instantly sprint towards them. They should slowly move towards the noise like when they hear cans. Speed of how quickly they go check it out should be dependent on the proximity and how loud the sound is. They should only sprint when they see the survivor. To balance this zombie sight needs to improve.

Walls should mean something and pathing needs to be cleaned up.

Other changes could be made (like allowing zombies to run indoors) but if these few changes were made zombies would be fine.

Edited by Shorttallguy

Not gonna bother reading all these posts, and it's probably already been said, but nothing will be done about this till the game is at least beta. I'm pretty sure the dev team is well-aware of these issues, and I voted, but this is kinda pointless. Not only that, but it seems all the care bears are voting! Zombies currently don't pose a threat..

The zombie zig zagging is actually good. If they ran in a straight line they would be really easy to hit.

I really want to know who voted that Zombies are totally fine...

Jeez

The zombie zig zagging is actually good. If they ran in a straight line they would be really easy to hit.

But that's the primal instinct of a hunter, run in straight line (I guess that Zed's are primal hunters, or they are Leopard hunter skilled o.O that's why they Zig-Zag too much)

Edited by MinxinG

No Zig Zag

More aware (that said; If I'm 0 sound and 0 sight they shouldn't agro on me)

Faster than players but not ridiculously fast (after all they don't carry anything)

Same HP after all they are humans they should have the same HP as players

The Hill exploit should be fixed

Spawns are wacked (glitching into each other, spawning under Deer Stands and not moving, spawning in kennels, in the small sheds ect)

Wouldn't mind if they fed off static bodies either.