Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Servers need to be regulated

I just want to log in to DayZ and put some players down, then feast on their beans.

Is that too much to ask?

server 1 - can't login.

server 2, 3, 4 and 5 - the same.

server 6 - I can login, but my friends are desyncing all over the place, we leave the server.

server 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 - all the same.

I wonder if DayZ will always have these horrific desync issues, because frankly, there's no point playing it at the moment.

God only knows what the monkeys over at BI think is acceptible for a netcode or if this is an issue with the people hosting.

This isn't really a consequence of 1.7.2, since it's always been desyncy as fuck.

All the 'feature' updates need to be put on the back burner until this garbage is fixed.

lol, just use filter. Minimum like 30 players, max ping 100...and you will find a server no problem. I never really had any problem with servers.

New features at the moment aren't necessary. Mainly due to the fact most people don't even get to use half the things added due to the rising population of servers. If you would like to help them fix bugs, file a bug report.

But I agree with you.

lol, just use filter. Minimum like 30 players, max ping 100...and you will find a server no problem. I never really had any problem with servers.

All servers had ping of like -40, it's not a ping issue.

All servers had ping of like -40, it's not a ping issue.

You mean your ping requests went back in time to arrive 40ms before you sent them? That's pretty amazing.

• Like 1

I think the issue is more or less the servers themselves, as I can connect to one hosting service fine with no issues, but some other have things like stuck at loading or waiting for character to create.

As Jimmy said, simply use the filter. Find a lower cap server, less than 100 ping for most of you, join. If you get stuck at any screen give it ten minutes to load. Some of the best servers have a ten minute loading time initially but are awesome when you get in. I love them because it weeds out a lot of people.

Also a lot of the connection problems should die down in the next week or so. After each new patch it is always MUCH harder to log in because the 100,000 people that left due to bugs or being bored are now all back at once to check out the new patch. Also don't forget that 50,000 that just joined from seeing DayZ at rezzed / on their favorite game information website and the 50,000 from youtube videos in the last week.

EDIT::: Wow, fast posters. Just saw the ping stuff. If it is that low, then keep trying low ping servers that have a lower player cap but people. If the server has less than ten people then it likely does not work.

Edited by wolfgang784

Might sound weird but ive had more desync issues and lag in servers were my ping is below 70 than in most US servers were i get like 100 to 130 ping, al most no desync at all.

It's strange that people don't seem to be having desync issues, everyone I know is having them, so bad its unplayable.

It's strange that people don't seem to be having desync issues, everyone I know is having them, so bad its unplayable.

Do you all live in the middle of nowhere? Do you all happen to have bad connections? Are your connections too slow for the game to run on properly? Are you sure it is desync and not lag?

Do you all live in the middle of nowhere? Do you all happen to have bad connections? Are your connections too slow for the game to run on properly? Are you sure it is desync and not lag?

You trolling me?

You trolling me?

No I was asking if you are sure that you and your friends internet connections are up to playing the game properly. If you have issues on that many servers then something is likely wrong, unless you really do just have luck so bad that you keep picking bad servers that often.

We're from bolivia and have pc's made out of wood.

Oh wait, no it's that the netcode is a shambles and there's 0 server regulation. I get this too, massive desynchs it's ridiculous. How am I meant to crossbow someone in the throat and riffle through their precious items?!?!?

We're from bolivia and have pc's made out of wood.

Oh wait, no it's that the netcode is a shambles and there's 0 server regulation. I get this too, massive desynchs it's ridiculous. How am I meant to crossbow someone in the throat and riffle through their precious items?!?!?

Arma 2s netcode sucks ass, yes, but the majority of players do not have much issue connecting to most servers. I would just suggest to not give up and keep trying servers until you find one that works, possibly trying servers in other countries as well.

As for the Bolivia and wood comments, it was a serious question. Some people live out in the woods in the middle of nowhere and have terrible connections that they may think are good, but are actually not up to games like this. Some of my friends get less than 100 kb/s and one of them gets upwards of 25,000 ping. Also the game rapes resources even on amazing computers if you read the forums, so it does not need to be made from wood to have trouble with Arma.

Anyway I'm off to eat food. Good luck with the desync thing, hope you guys manage to figure out the problem at some point.

Good luck with the desync thing, hope you guys manage to figure out the problem at some point.

Don't say things like that. We need whiners and computer inept fools like these to be weeded out beforehand.

• Like 1

Don't say things like that. We need whiners and computer inept fools like these to be weeded out beforehand.

I 'liked' your post, a troll after my own heart...

stuff

It pains me that you're trying to be nice and all as you seem to not have a clue.

My "ping" on most servers ranges from 10 - 100, averaging at 30. I can join servers in the US, UK or the rest of Europe just fine. At the moment a good 90% desynch. Maybe you don't play in a group, or maybe you haven't tried 1.7.2? But it's a huge issue at the moment.

I've got an i7 -- Arma is processor intensive, 20 mb internet in the UK. The problem is not the users.

Do you know how much bandwidth a dayz server sucks up per month? Do you know how much higher that went at the 1.7.2 patch? It's unoptimized as fuck. Not to mention any old fool can put up a server and fill in a form to get white listed. There is 0 regulation on people running high slot servers beyond their spec abilities. Arma II (and dayz consequently) have horrendous net code and it seems to be getting worse...

And you people are going "hay guyz, did you know there's a ping filter?" LOL

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 1

I just want to log in to DayZ and put some players down, then feast on their beans.

Is that too much to ask?

server 1 - can't login.

server 2, 3, 4 and 5 - the same.

server 6 - I can login, but my friends are desyncing all over the place, we leave the server.

server 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 - all the same.

I wonder if DayZ will always have these horrific desync issues, because frankly, there's no point playing it at the moment.

God only knows what the monkeys over at BI think is acceptible for a netcode or if this is an issue with the people hosting.

This isn't really a consequence of 1.7.2, since it's always been desyncy as fuck.

All the 'feature' updates need to be put on the back burner until this garbage is fixed.

It's not so much DayZ as it is Arma 2. Arma 2 has horrible netcode and DayZ mod inherits all the issues (which are many).

Frankly, the servers do need to be moderated and weeded out. Even using the filter doesn't give you a "server is fucking broken" option. I've managed to track down about 3 servers that are relatively busy a lot of the time, and I can connect to them, the problem is that sometimes I don't want to have to deal with PvP like when I'm helping a friend out with starting the game, it's much easier to just give them a helping hand when there are only a few others on the server, not 30+.

It may just be me. I would just like to have servers that won't allow people to load in (from the "waiting for host" problem to the loading bar/screen problem) be removed from the server list, I don't think that's too much to ask, or at least have a black/white list posted somewhere, no matter how long it is.

"Hey guys, I have a problem, here are the symptoms, does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Here is a list of my specs and connection speeds. The common things like leaving a torrent running in the background are not the cause because I'm at least that smart."

Or

"Someone please call me a waaaahmbulance as I'd rather complain and trash the community than join in on a discussion to help find the a solution."

these are probably stupid and irrelevant shot in the dark questions, but do you have a firewall that could be causing any issues? are all the proper ports opened up for arma 2 on relevant devices between you and the net? have you tried running the ping command in a command prompt to see if any of your packets are being dropped to other servers?

:rolleyes: It was and it is

Edited by RockyB

Dayz server uses 20TB/month, that went up 4x with the 1.7.2 patch, coupled with a desynch issue linked to holding alt. As with any multiplayer game with user hosted servers, there's many which are hosting slots well above their capability -- This latest patch brought that to view. I can play on my own fine, it's the synchronizing with others that is the problem... In a PvP game where aiming has to be pinpoint? Hrm.

Dayz server uses 20TB/month, that went up 4x with the 1.7.2 patch, coupled with a desynch issue linked to holding alt. As with any multiplayer game with user hosted servers, there's many which are hosting slots well above their capability -- This latest patch brought that to view. I can play on my own fine, it's the synchronizing with others that is the problem... In a PvP game where aiming has to be pinpoint? Hrm.

Yes, it's really this patch that's made it worse.

It's not my computer/100MB internet.

It's dayz, and I refuse to believe most other people don't have the same problem.

The only way you wouldnt notice is if you're on you're own.