Sign in to follow this  
seemingepic

Why Does Everyone Complain About Being Killed

I really don't understand why people are crying over being killed and having their stuff stolen. This game is about survival, not candy land adventures. If you get killed, you were doing something wrong. Use direct communication, don't type it helps early to see if the the person is deadly. I've encountered around 10 people, 7 were friendly, 1 i killed, and 2 killed me. I look back at it and even though I got killed, I realized why I got killed and looking back at it, it wasn't bad at all. Its one of the things I remember.

This game is for fun, if you get angry then stop playing. Team up with some friends and loosen up, you will have 10x more fun.

You don't know what the fuck will happen if a real zombie infection happened. People will go crazy, they won't be their normal selves. If you see your loved ones killed you might kill everyone you see trying to avenge their deaths.

Don't say people won't do this in real life because you never know what will really happen.

Edited by seemingepic

This.

Its a part of the game.

Most of the time I kill people for their loot, sometimes I kill people because they are possible future threats to me (they have a gun).

In either case its for my benefit, not just because I like to spontaneously kill people.

• Like 1

Candy Land Adventures? i think i saw that movie. I agree though, you have a good head on your shoulders.

• Like 1

I think it's a combination of having a bad attitude towards "losing", being conditioned by today's generation of "silver platter" games, and just being bad at the game therefore encouraging the idea that the game is difficult.

Well, Honestly people strive for self preservation. In this game that kinda is a moot point In Dayz you will die and you will get all your crap taken from you. Its just how the game is. So dont get attacched to your crap because it will part from you soon.

They complain because a character can easily eat up 20 hours of time (in my case) and having it reset just because someone else wants to be an ass-hat is like playing Skyrim for 20 hours only to have someone erase your saves. I don't mind dying, but some people really just enjoy the thrill of staying alive.

Also, stop posting duplicate threads. Please do a search before posting a new topic.

Edited by FunkyHermitCrab

I think it's a combination of having a bad attitude towards "losing", being conditioned by today's generation of "silver platter" games, and just being bad at the game therefore encouraging the idea that the game is difficult.

This.

They complain because a character can easily eat up 20 hours of time (in my case) and having it reset just because someone else wants to be an ass-hat is like playing Skyrim for 20 hours only to have someone erase your saves. I don't mind dying, but some people really just enjoy the thrill of staying alive.

Also, stop posting duplicate threads. Please do a search before posting a new topic.

Not this.

This is not Skyrim. You are not the hero who is meant to save the world. This is DayZ. You are attempting to survive verse INSURMOUNTABLE odds. Your goal, ultimately, is impossible.

Yet for some reason, knowing that survival is a very limited thing, people still get butthurt over dying.

I don't get upset when I die, and if me and my group end up in some cool shoot out in a town, where both sides have to deal with zombies as well as us, its even more fun.

However being killed while loading in, and bugs is extremely annoying, now I do get slightly annoyed when i get killed, using comms to say confirm i'm friendly, for no reason (just spawned and making my way north, no weapon), because I'm trying to break players out of the kill or be killed mentality.

Edited by Orthus

That's the thing, EVERYONE is obsessed with his Gear, why.

Die, Get over it and Scavenge again.

Edited by Nine

I don't get upset when I die, and if me and my group end up in some cool shoot out in a town, where both sides have to deal with zombies as well as us, its even more fun. However being killed while loading in, using comms to say confirm i'm friendly, for no reason (just spawned and making my way north, no weapon), just isn't fun, and I don't see how it can be fun, and sometimes I wish I could inflict all the annoyance they caused me back on them with no Collateral damage.

I understand getting mad over getting the shaft due to bugs, but PvP is part of the game.

It's human nature.

Each person wants to be the pinnacle, and dying in any fashion knocks them off of that imaginary pedestal.

I understand getting mad over getting the shaft due to bugs, but PvP is part of the game.

I do understand the PVP is part of it, and it is the most finished part of the game, cause it came with arma 2. Now I would love to test and try and break the dayz parts of the mod.

I don't get upset when I die, and if me and my group end up in some cool shoot out in a town, where both sides have to deal with zombies as well as us, its even more fun. However being killed while loading in, using comms to say confirm i'm friendly, for no reason (just spawned and making my way north, no weapon), just isn't fun, and I don't see how it can be fun, and sometimes I wish I could inflict all the annoyance they caused me back on them with no Collateral damage.

Look, I haven't ever actually had this happen to me, so I can't say anything about it either way. Getting killed while loading in does sound like a pretty annoying way to die. We do need to remember this is alpha. I would expect at some point for there to be some sort of spawn protection for when you first spawn to prevent such nonsense. You might still die after it wears off, but you'll at least have a shot at evading/fighting back.

So basic PVP: I think it's fine as it is. Actually being killed while loading in? We can all agree that's obnoxious.

My 2 cents, honestly I never complain about losing my gear, I know it's going to happen whether it be from bandits, having an outhouse door close on my stomach causing me to have extensive bleeding and broken bones leading to death, or from zeds... In all honesty though if you have encountered 10 people and 7 were friendly you have some great luck. All of the people I have come across have tried killing me.

Also, in real life people wouldn't kill people like they do in dayz, it's human nature. And you can't create human nature in a game because you know you're not literally shooting someone. Where as on a game you can just shoot someone to reach a higher gain without actually killing someone.

Edited by LT.Sacred

WE

Look, I haven't ever actually had this happen to me, so I can't say anything about it either way. Getting killed while loading in does sound like a pretty annoying way to die. We do need to remember this is alpha. I would expect at some point for there to be some sort of spawn protection for when you first spawn to prevent such nonsense. You might still die after it wears off, but you'll at least have a shot at evading/fighting back.

So basic PVP: I think it's fine as it is. Actually being killed while loading in? We can all agree that's obnoxious.

Yes, bugs are obnoxious. We have to remember though that the game is in Alpha.

Some things aren't fair, but who ever said anythings fair.

If you're dying without even getting a weapon, you're doing it wrong.

RE: OP, people aren't used to full loot -- a decade of ez mode gaming has turned people into complete crybabies. You're not entitled to your gear, this game is not about keeping your progress forever, it's about keeping it for as long as you can against the world.

My 2 cents, honestly I never complain about losing my gear, I know it's going to happen whether it be from bandits, having an outhouse door close on my stomach causing me to have extensive bleeding and broken bones leading to death, or from zeds... In all honesty though if you have encountered 10 people and 7 were friendly you have some great luck. All of the people I have come across have tried killing me.

Also, in real life people wouldn't kill people like they do in dayz, it's human nature. And you can't create human nature in a game because you know you're not literally shooting someone. Where as on a game you can just shoot someone to reach a higher gain without actually killing someone.

You don't know what the fuck will happen if a real zombie infection happened. People will go crazy, they won't be their normal selves. If you see your loved ones killed you might kill everyone you see trying to avenge their deaths.

It isn't hard to find some sort of gun and back stab the person who is trying to help you. I'm surprised even seasoned players still complain >.>. Honestly, I don't mind dying, but it bothers me they kill and not take my stuff.

The point remains, and it is a simple one. Here, in the arena where killing amounts to nothing, it's beyond the simulation of reality.

I know, I know, you Internet tough guys and guys who want to seem all cool and sociopathic want to make the very invalid point that people will go crazy in a crisis, but the fact is that 99.999999% of the population is not wired that way, and despite your wet little fantasies, unless you're posting from some kind of major incarceration right now, youre just not that 0.000001% you think you are.

So let's all admit that the mudder rate for pixels is and always would be much higher than flesh and blood and move past that point.

• Like 1

I think the common line of thinking for the majority is:

• we're fine with dying. A lot if necessary.
  • we're fine with perma-death,
  • we like the survival elements!
  • Contrary to popular belief, we're actually fine with the game having PvP elements.

But at the moment, PvP is eclipsing every other feature and the general scope of the game. It's so disproportionate, it's the point where you say. "You know, If the main thing players wanted to do is ignore zombies, and kill other players, you'd think they'd go play a multiplayer deathmatch shooter."

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

• Like 2

There's no thrill to staying alive if you can't die though, is there?

Topics Merged.

Do not start the same Topic in different forums.

At best ask a Moderator to move.

Better still, Think before posting.

It's unavoidable, players sometimes need to vent out their frustrations. There was a time i was emotionally drained after losing my well-equiped character to a surprise infected attack from behind. It took me quite a long time travelling from one major city to another to find the supplies and i haven't even begun to use my weapon when i died. it's the large amount of time invested that got to me. Still i create a new character and move on. This DayZ parody video explains everything:

:D

Also It might have to do with holding down the W key for a long time( the place is over 200km) :P

I thought playing a game was part of being in danger and getting killed!! ;)

Same shit happened in the 70s/80s except it cost me 10p every 3 times i was killed! So dont complain!! :D