alienxxi

People with helicopters

You don't start with an AK when you spawn a new character into the game.

Chances of being killed on beach by helicopter if you run straight north: 0.01%

If they shoot at me' date=' yes. If they are simply minding their own business, no.

[/quote']

Most players shoot at heli, even with starting pistols.

You don't start with an AK when you spawn a new character into the game.

Chances of being killed on beach by helicopter if you run straight north: 0.01%

If they shoot at me' date=' yes. If they are simply minding their own business, no.

[/quote']

Most players shoot at heli, even with starting pistols.

Shoot at my helicopter trying to take me out of the sky, I will shoot at you. It's called defending myself. Minding your own business and you won't get any trouble from me. Plain and simple. However, there is a difference between that and killing every single person you find along the coast because you can regardless if they shoot you or not.

Shoot at my helicopter trying to take me out of the sky' date=' I will shoot at you. It's called defending myself. Minding your own business and you won't get any trouble from me. Plain and simple. However, there is a difference between that and killing every single person you find along the coast because you can regardless if they shoot you or not.

[/quote']

I only kill if I need beans. (Or in self defense).

Lets be honest here' date=' if you were a gunner on a chopper and a pilot flew to the coast you would do it just like every other person would and you damn well know it.

[/quote']

You couldn't be more wrong. I don't find it rewarding to crush brand new players with overwhelming force.

I prefer a more even playing field.

note to self find out of the way gas station to camp at to score a nice helicopter' date=' anyone got any sugestions on how to get greifer blood out of the seat fabric?

[/quote']

Have fun waiting for hours on end as flyable helis are extremely rare to find and the ones that need repair are even more difficult to get the parts and gas for.

Indeed' date=' it is called griefing and any kind of griefing shouldn't be tolerated by admins and developers. Problem is, some very ill informed players think that griefing is part of a ''sandbox game''. Im pretty sure for the same people racism and verbal harassment is also ''OK''.

Children with a driving licence, good job society.

[/quote']

umm you realize that the developers have said they are okay with anything the players do besides hacking and exploits

maybe the game isnt for you?

Your logic fails on one note:

Spawn camping is an exploit, it's been labelled as an exploit for years. That's why it's called griefing. Griefing is not killing players, it is abusing the mechanics to further gain. It's no different than hiding in a rock to score kills.

This strikes me as an extreme waste. Currently you can't reload the door guns on the Iroquois, better to save that ammo for when you need it (supporting your buddies getting attacked at the NWAF for instance) rather than just spawn-trolling.

Spawn camping is an exploit' date=' it's been labelled as an exploit for years. That's why it's called griefing. Griefing is not killing players, it is abusing the mechanics to further gain. It's no different than hiding in a rock to score kills.

[/quote']

What is the purpose of a chopper?

To move from town to town, mowing down any and everything that moves and strafing nubs on the coast.

Spawn camping is an exploit' date=' it's been labelled as an exploit for years. That's why it's called griefing. Griefing is not killing players, it is abusing the mechanics to further gain. It's no different than hiding in a rock to score kills.

[/quote']

What is the purpose of a chopper?

This behavior is totally unacceptable and admirable, but if you have to stoop so low griefing noobs at the beach, you might as well do it with style. Anybody who runs is a Bandit. Anybody who stands still is a well-disciplined Bandit.

Anybody who runs is a Bandit. Anybody who stands still is a well-disciplined Bandit.

best post of the thread right here. Have some rep

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone who runs, is a bandit. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined bandit! You guys oughta do a forum post about me sometime!

Private Joker: Why should we do a forum post about you?

Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so fuckin' good! I done got me 157 dead bandit killed. Plus 50 zeds, too! Them's all confirmed!

Private Joker: Any newly respawned survivors?

Door Gunner: Sometimes!

Private Joker: How can you shoot newly respawned survivors?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't Chernarus hell?

Lol Defager spawn campin in our huey aye. Thanks for the heads up jordNZ ;)

One of the problems with choppers is to use them hopping from town to town, getting suppiles etc is you need at least 5 people on board the chopper (pilot, door gunners for defence against dudes with AKs and zombies who follow) and x2 (or more) peps to raid said barn hospital store etc. With 5 people knowing the choppers location, the chance of it going 'missing' is very high, hence why I am the only one who knows where it is, and I have one gunner to make life interesting.

Flying around killing people for gear is easier than landing, clearing zombies, running around shop, kill more zombies that have respawned, reland chopper, get in take off. Kill isolated survivor: kill, land, loot, take off takes about 5 times quicker than an assult on a town, and the chances of getting some good loot is much higher.

Personally I don't kill players that have just spawned in on the beach (there is no point), but if they are running along a railway track or road (along the beach) then they are fair game, as they have had the chance to hide in the forrest. Also if a player is running along holding a flare they are going to get shot. I manage to get around all right at night without flares.

Get off the freakin' beach!

It takes me all of fifteen seconds to get off the beach and disappear into the wilderness.

GET OFF THE BEACH!

GET OFF THE BEACH!

GET OFF THE BEACH YOU BEACHES!!!

The only thing that really annoys me about this is the idea of another server derp and being pushed back to random beach respawns away from my group. It basically throws me into the barrel to get gunned down by these douches and doesn't even allow me to rely on the safety in numbers that my group worked to get.

It takes me all of fifteen seconds to get off the beach and disappear into the wilderness.

GET OFF THE BEACH!

GET OFF THE BEACH!

Five men is a juicy opportunity...

One man is a waste of ammo!

You gotta' clear them obstacles... make way for the tanks.

On ANZ1 I kill newly spawned players using helicopters' date=' but not with guns. I get a hoard of zombies, and then hover over the player I wish to kill. If you want me to kill normal players (ones that have been alive for some time), I can do the same thing over the NW airfield if you wish, but for newly spawned players it isn't such an issue.

[/quote']

Just wondering. Why do you find it fun to kill people who simply respawned into the game? Do you have any idea how long it takes to get through waiting for server response? Unless you found a server that is really fast, which in my experience so far that is rare, it takes like 10 to 20 minutes to load another character. I wouldn't mind getting killed like that if the waiting for server and waiting for character request wasn't so horribly slow.

Probably a good time to just change servers, man. There's no way to fight on his turf, so just get out of the situation.

Given the rarity of finding or getting a working chopper, I would forgive anyone who killed me with it.

I hope the feeling is mutual when I have a high powered assault rifle and spot mr choppy chops.