idunc

I'm Now a Deathmatch Player

I've been killed far too many times trying to be friendly. Countless times have I yelled "Friendly! Don't shoot!" only to be shot in the head. A guy being chased by a zombie literally stopped running to aim at my head and kill me. The only people that I've come across that won't kill you immediately are unarmed players. Even players with hatchets sneak up behind me to kill me, and not even loot my body.

I'm done yelling friendly. From now on, everyone I see is a +1 to my Murder count.

Edited by IDunc

Cool. I haven't read this exact same thread 400 times already or anything. The problem is that no one can trust you when you say you're friendly because bandits say they're friendly and then kill you. Facts of life.

• Like 1

I don't know what kind of replies you are expecting when you say that.

But yeah, it's the safest thing to do and you have nothing to lose by doing so, so do it.

It is the best way to survive as of today.

I've been killed far too many times trying to be friendly. Countless times have I yelled "Friendly! Don't shoot!" only to be shot in the head. A guy being chased by a zombie literally stopped running to aim at my head and kill me. The only people that I've come across that won't kill you immediately are unarmed players. Even players with hatchets sneak up behind me to kill me, and not even loot my body.

I'm done yelling friendly. From now on, everyone I see is a +1 to my Murder count.

I hear you man, but too bad that you are sinking to their level instead...

I hear you man, but too bad that you are sinking to their level instead...

This is exactly what I didn't want to do when I first started playing. I would tell myself that I will not become a Deathmatch player. Unfortunately, everyone else is and it's impossible to survive in cities if you try to be friendly.

When this mod first gained popularity teaming up with strangers was fairly normal because no one really knew what they were doing and everything was brand new. Now there are hundreds of thousands of skilled players who have collected plenty of rare loot plenty of times (and been murdered plenty of times) and realized the only things left to do are repair vehicles and kill other players. I've only murdered 3 people in 80+ hours of playing, but my current character is fully kitted, I bounce from server to server so vehicle repair is out for me, and I'm bored with nothing to do. I'm taking risky raids halfway hoping zeds knock me around a bit so I'll have to go hunt an animal for meat to get my blood level back up.

IDunc - Are you the same Tyler I murdered on your first night then ended up teaming up with for awhile shortly thereafter?

your not a deathmatch player, you are adapting to a harsh world. your taking the first step in becoming a real survivor.

• Like 2

I feel bad for this but some guy scared the shit out of me on US 236 when I was looking the other way. I say him running up with a shotgun and turned to face him about thirty yards away. Right as I did so he yelled I am friendly but I had already fired two FAL shots dropping him. I did not murder his friends (despite having the superior weapon) and left his body alone to be looted by his group. I try not to blatantly murder others in this game, but I also have no idea if he was running up on me to get a better shot with that short range shotgun. Either way I would not have run with them due to the fact that I had been alive for four days at the time and had some pretty decent gear from a helicopter crash. Just a tip, do not run up on people. Be cautious and feel a situation out. But at the end of the day it is Dayz, not some PVE experience devoid of PVP. Be prepared to be murdered many more times and have every vehicle you repair stolen or destroyed just for driving through town.

i die, but i die with a good heart! i can kit myself out in 20 mins so its ok ill die the good way!

"I used to be a friendly, like you... then I took a crossbow bolt in the head."

But seriously....

Only the weak players succumb to the "I'll just be a mindless murderer like everyone else" temptation. Being a friendly player is harder because doing the right thing is often the harder choice to make. And let's face it: It's easier to take the path of least resistance.

• Like 1

This really does feel like arma 2 deathmatch edition with zombie obstacles to me.

Zombies currently aren't fun to fight or sneak around now, and both those options are the poorer options to take at the moment regarding zombies regardless.

Thus all the excitement has gone towards PVP, and literally every single person I've come across yesterday bar one or two, has fired on me at sight, and thus I've started to do the same.

If the focus was given back to ZOMBIES and the combat became oriented towards ZOMBIES and survival against ZOMBIES instead of each other, this mod would be so much better.

People right now can PVP easily and not worry about zombies. Why? Zombies are easy to juke. They do little damage. Their pathfinding skills are poor. It doesn't take much to survive against them, so once you have all your survival stuff you can just pvp to your hearts content.

Also this whole "punishing bandits" opposition is weird to me, as anything that makes it harder to be a bandit gets hate for "punishing bandits." If you view the game as a whole, you'll notice that, by not making it more difficult and realisic to be a bandit, you're punishing plain survivors, or people trying to coop instead, and more directly at that.

I shoot people on sight so they get mad and create threads like this and ultimately become one of us.

In a bit even the very few people that are still friendly will turn, too, and this mod will be ruined forever.

Edited by Blizzaze

welcome to the club mate,

Come get some!

My advice is to lay low when playing. Act as if there will be a nut who's out for your beans in the next 25 seconds, and do not go down to their level. I can see from your thread that you are not one of those butthurt players who were born to whine. You're better than that.

I play three kinds of characters, on a rotating basis. The first one is the lone wolf mountain man. I avoid survivors and work alone until dying to my own stupidity, whatever form that takes. The second survivor is like the first, but if I see a player I will hunt them and kill them. The third survivor is a crazed homicidal gangsta' who literally runs up and down the streets of electro/cherno looking for people to kill.

Don't trust anyone, even if they're on TS or Skype. No incentives to group and easy-mode survival means that there's no reason to trust anyone.

Herp derp deathmatch herp derp.

As soon as you can figure out how to prevent the zombies from attacking you while you deathmatch safely, don't call it 'deathmatching'. It's stupid and you sound stupid saying it.

Come to the dark side. Release your anger on the coastline players. For they are weak. The Gods despise weakness.

your not a deathmatch player, you are adapting to a harsh world. your taking the first step in becoming a real survivor.

I call lies cause humanity and kindness and still be seen even in the worse conditions, but its usually only the wise and strong of will that show it.

• Like 1