Sign in to follow this  
Ribano

Computer Patrolled City

So my suggestion is this to deal with the Bandits Vs Survivor situations that have arose in this game.

Cities such as Cherno and Electro will no longer be zombie spawn zones and will instead be fortified and protected by a AI military army, there will also be a few military locations that are guarded. Within the city will be water points, bloodbags, bandages etc. no guns.

When a bandit kills a survivor his name turns red/ his skin changed for a small amount of time, if he/she kills two players that time is increased etc etc (the amount of time will multiply when large amounts of players are killed without provocation)

During the time when you are red the AI military will open fire on you thereby making it a struggle to get medical supplies and fresh water, but not impossible.

This gives a downside to shooting random players for little to no loot.

I also suggest an in game clan making system that people can join and the clan's humanity as a whole is affected by the individual acts within them

:)

Stupid idea, what if someone shoots at you who hasn't killed any1 earlier? You become a bandit when you defend yourself!

How would they know you shot another survivor, realistically speaking? By the satisfied grin on your face? =)

Your forgetting the whole DayZ scene here..

Zombie Apocalypse. Minimal survivors. Dog-eat-dog world.

You start making "safe" zones the game turns more like Fallout everyday.

Now if you wanted to use a suggestion from earlier this month, you could allow players to create safe zones by clearing out zombies from a town, then the zombie spawn inside the town would be turned off, but so would the loot spawn. Then have zombies spawn occasionally on the outskirts of the area, and it's up to the players to keep the town clear.

But having AI safe zones completely detracts from the overwhelming feeling of being completely alone at the jump.

i've never played fallout and in every "realistic" zombie film there is always a safe zone! spawning cities should be a place that a noob can spawn and learn the game without getting shot in my opinion.

thats not carebear thats game balancing. at some point people are going to have to leave the safety of the city to find better loot at encounter the dangers of bandits and zombies.

and the AI would know your a bandit cos your a bandit. AI doesn't need to look at the grin on your face

and no i'm not a seasoned bandit, and yes i know the game is supposed to be hard but if you think the developers want people quitting because everyone is camping out the spawns then you're deluded. they want players cos players = money

i've never played fallout and in every "realistic" zombie film there is always a safe zone!

Then you'll also know that in every "realisitc" zombie film, the survivors themselves protect the safe zone, right? :-D

So my suggestion is this to deal with the Bandits Vs Survivor situations that have arose in this game.

Cities such as Cherno and Electro will no longer be zombie spawn zones and will instead be fortified and protected by a AI military army, there will also be a few military locations that are guarded. Within the city will be water points, bloodbags, bandages etc. no guns.

When a bandit kills a survivor his name turns red/ his skin changed for a small amount of time, if he/she kills two players that time is increased etc etc (the amount of time will multiply when large amounts of players are killed without provocation)

During the time when you are red the AI military will open fire on you thereby making it a struggle to get medical supplies and fresh water, but not impossible.

This gives a downside to shooting random players for little to no loot.

I also suggest an in game clan making system that people can join and the clan's humanity as a whole is affected by the individual acts within them

:)

No i don't like it when people start forcing bandits to be defined by bandit skins it ruins the game.

Only AI should be zombies, rabid dogs, and killer goats. That's right I believe you have to earn your raw meat.

having save zones is bullshit imo.

but having some single aggressive military patrols in the woods or on roads would be cool

There are already zombie-safe zones with no loot. It's called the woods.

Edited by slonlo

I think that's a great idea. It worked in EVE. So it could work here, too. Worth a try I think.

NO

bandits camping the safe zone

guarding tanks (how about rocket launchers)? invincible NPCs?

dude shoots you in the safe zone. You cant kill him unless you dont bandage and hope he doesnt d/c after he got a murder so the guards kill him. Will there be guards on every corner and in every house? How will the tanks protect you in the houses?

how about rocket launchers)?

You mean MLRS? They are great but the crew could be easily sniped. So no, we'll stick to tanks.

How will the tanks protect you in the houses?

Simple. A tank will point it's barrel into the window and shoot the HEAT shell killing all of the bandits inside.

One that I agree on, zombies shouldnt just spawn in cleared area, they could spawn in the outskirts but not out of thin air, if players have cleared a house, for example. That way players could maintain "safe" areas by simply keeping the zombies out.

You learn to fight by getting punched in the face, sorry, the noob argument doesn't float.