Ander (DayZ)

Experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch

djshauny1

they doint know wtf they are doing

obviously

been broken for months and no real fixes at all

wth dude.

and this is your purpose to posting here, to contribute nothing else as flame. sorry but get lost. Dean and all the other Guys at bohemia are working their asses of.

ALSO ALPHAaaah

Edited by Bezki
  • Like 1

arma x user

Apart from zombies not moving at all (saw about 400, 5 of them moved), HUGE fps drops - i would call that unplayable (dayz guesstimate: 5-10 fps, arma 2 co benchmark 1: 59 fps, benchmark 2: 17 fps), literaly no new loot (played about 4 hours apart, took the same route through cherno, 100% same drops) , 5 minute loading time after i killed the process once, respawning in cherno with all my gear even though i moved all the way up to berezhino the first time i played on 1.7.2.1., everything seems to be working just fine.

See you next patch, keep up the work. :P

edit: I don't know if i should mention, but my sixlauncher seems to "kill" my internet everytime i connect to a server. (Have to restart router while loading to be able to use chrome, skype, etc.) Maybe that is causing all the loading problems, because as soon as i get dayz running (which i have no clue starting without sixlauncher [never really bothered to look up how]) the loading problem seems to be gone, if i connect directly on the servers from the ingame menu, but as i said i am unable to directly join those with sixlauncher [FR 34, SE 3, CZ02]

edit2: couldn't find a vehicle though, so take "everything seems to be fine" with a grain of salt, because i couldn't test the desync problemos.

Edited by stunt

obviously

Last person I saw saying something along these lines got himself a nice juicy ban. Bro, this is a mod. In alpha stage. That is free. Like the previous person said, gtfo.

• Like 3

arma x user

Apart from zombies not moving at all (saw about 400, 5 of them moved), HUGE fps drops - i would call that unplayable (dayz guesstimate: 5-10 fps, arma 2 co benchmark 1: 59 fps, benchmark 2: 17 fps), literaly no new loot (played about 4 hours apart, took the same route through cherno, 100% same drops) , 5 minute loading time after i killed the process once, respawning in cherno with all my gear even though i moved all the way up to berezhino the first time i played on 1.7.2.1., everything seems to be working just fine.

See you next patch, keep up the work. :P

edit: I don't know if i should mention, but my sixlauncher seems to "kill" my internet everytime i connect to a server. (Have to restart router while loading to be able to use chrome, skype, etc.) Maybe that is causing all the loading problems, because as soon as i get dayz running (which i have no clue starting without sixlauncher [never really bothered to look up how]) the loading problem seems to be gone on the servers, which are working, but i am unable to directly join those with sixlauncher [FR 34, SE 3, CZ02]

You are ignorant.

It has been stated explicitly that zombies are not despawning and that the stationary ones are deliberate to stress test.

Thanks for playing.

The only thing that is different for me that has not been mentioned (or I failed to notice)...

1) I logged into an older version of my character (one that has been killed)

2) and when I first logged in I seemed to be moving through walls. It was much darker than usual at night, but maybe the sky was cloudier? not sure

Overall feeling pretty stable aside from slow item spawning.

obviously

Clearly you dont know wtf your talking about dude, we have all been playing for the last cple months while you've been sat watching tv

And a shit load of it has been fixed and changed in that time.

Development takes time

Hi Guys,

I have a lil problem. I can ONLY play on SE 3 1.7.2 test server. I get an error by starting OA.

It says Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Missons_BAF_2'.

I can join every other server but then i get a stuck @ loading screen.

pls help

The BAF is the British Armed Forces addon. You can add the free content or pay for the enhanced full BAF content. Both are the same, paid has more detail.

What version of arma are you using?? Arma CO or X? did you install the latest arma patch 1.60 and the latest beta patch 94700?

Im using Steam, bought Arma CO, played fine until the first time i applied a beta patch ( therefor it was 93xxx ), played, spawned

in a wrong location, logged out, and now im stuck. As mentioned, i think it was 1.5 .. 3 weeks

Im tried SixLauncher, Worrom, Arma 2 Launcher. Always on latest patch and dayz version. Tried

17.2.1 on 4700 on "SE 3" Server

1.7.2 on 4700

1.7.1.x on 4444 / 4364 / 4209 / 4103

..and none worked for me.

Cheers

Hopefully, someone can help me.

Edited by en1mal

how i can roll back to 1.7.1.5 ?

Oh my God, stop worrying about you stuff and TEST the damn ALPHA MOD!!!!!

• Like 1

obviously

You mean apart from 1.7.2.1 which does resolve the ARMA X loading issue? Loads fine, for me at least, and I had barely any joy with 1.7.2 at all.

Look, Download the v1.7.2.1 test patch, Place the here, In my case its > D:\Game Installs\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons ... Create a folder called "@DayZ" inside your operation arrowhead folder then inside the "@DayZ" folder create another called "addons" Copy the v1.7.2.1 test into the "addons" folder.

Download the latest ARMA II 94700 beta patch from here(right at the top inside the green bar is the latest version) > http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php Once downloaded, Extract the files, Right click the file named "ARMA2_OA_Build_94700" & run this as administrator.

Then download this file named "DayZbeta" > http://dayz.sykotix.com/downloads/DayZbeta.zip Extract it & place the "DayZbeta" batch file onto your 2 operation arrowhead folder, Like this > D:\Game Installs\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead.

Ok now create a shortcut of the "DayZbeta" file onto your desktop and use this to launch the game, What this "DayZbeta" batch file does its basically tells ARMA II to run the latest beta version, In this current case beta patch v94700. Ive only tested this on my Steam version of the game but it runs fantastic for me, Ive been using this method for, You will notice a DOS window opens, Its fine to just close this also your game may start windowed, Just hold Alt and press enter to make it full screen.

When you start the game in the bottom right of your screen you should notice you are now running the latest ARMA II beta patch.

• Like 4

I have not used flares pre-1721 but I'm seeing that it is very dark at night and lighting a flare somehow improves my vision after I extinguish it.

Have bear traps been fixed? They're buggy as hell and can be left "on" forever, while invisible and duplicating...

<--- look at the bear traps being duped and made invisible simply by "deactivating and picking it up" -- He was able to walk over that spot with the invisible trap and every time it broke his leg, as in it's there forever

This seems like something that maybe would have been tested 5 minutes after it was coded -- Maybe it works differently in single player? I doubt it...

Have bear traps been fixed? They're buggy as hell and can be left "on" forever, while invisible and duplicating..

wrong thread

Edited by daze23

The test build works for me now on most of the servers that are running it (stuck on loading screen before) and i use an arma X retail copy. Respawned and lost my gear (m249), but well, couldnt hold myself :) .

Edit: after reading some other posts i think my respawn has nothing to do with this build, its because the arma x id s changed with the recent betapatches.

Edited by whet

I have hopped across a few servers running the hotfix (not to avoid death!!! just to see how gear transferred etc .)

I am really pleased with performance and other than one location wrong due to saving on the DB (??) my character has all gear saved and works properly.

I have noticed a big reduction in lag and increase in FPS despite pinging much higher to these servers.

A little tip: if you filter for "1.7.2.1" in the list, you should see all the server running the patch.

Any chance we could get some us servers to update to 1.7.2.1?

They're all Euro and Uk atm, and I live in Canada. :(

Edited by Cyanyde

Every server i joined after installing 1.7.2 and using the 94444 patch i get bad version error.

I installed this new experimental patch to try and fix this but to no avail, im using the 94444 patch and i got this on every 1.7.2 server i joined and now on all the 1.7.2.1 servers. anyone else getting this?

ERROR RECIEVED ON:

1.7.2.1 (experimental test patch)

OA patch 94444

also recived on servers running the EXACT same version i was using, 1.7.2 + 9444

and yes i can see that these servers are using 94700 but it was my understanding that using the latest patch worked even if its not the one on the server

http://img9.imagesha.../badversion.png

Edited by Nifty

Every server i joined after installing 1.7.2 and using the 94444 patch i get bad version error.

I installed this new experimental patch to try and fix this but to no avail, im using the 94444 patch and i got this on every 1.7.2 server i joined and now on all the 1.7.2.1 servers. anyone else getting this?

ERROR RECIEVED ON:

OA patch 9444

badversion.png

You need the 94700 betapatch for this build.

ERROR RECIEVED ON:

OA patch 9444

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7204/badversion.png

it says right there you need 94700

"and yes i can see that these servers are using 9700 but it was my understanding that using the latest patch worked even if its not the one on the server" as i tried rolling back the patch but it didnt work.

so my only way to fix this is to reinstall the game..again, for the 3rd time.

Edited by Nifty