Ander (DayZ)

Experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch

Why can't we just load the ENTIRE map when you join a server so you won't have that goddam 8fps when you enter a city ( And when you aim its like 2 fps) even though i got a hd radeon 6990 it doesn't matter because the game fucks up.

Well, fps issues are notable, but it's getting better with every patch, including the latest.

It does help however immensely, even if you own an SSD, to load the DayZ mod folder in your memory either using Ramdisk or Imdisk.

Well, fps issues are notable, but it's getting better with every patch, including the latest.

It does help however immensely, even if you own an SSD, to load the DayZ mod folder in your memory either using Ramdisk or Imdisk.

It's also cheaper and much much much faster to buy 32GB of ram than a 120GB ssd that is decent.

use the latest beta patch and hive0.6.2pre.rar

no, since the problem occures since I installed hive0.6.2pre.rar and latest beta patch...

Installed 1.7.2.1. startet the game, joined a server, same location i last logged out, no gear lost. Then i made my way to the souther barracks at NW airfield. 5 zombies spawned on the same spot. Some of them didnt moved at all. they looked like a statue. i tried to be sneaky and it worked so well. i attracted no zombie, even while proning 10m away from them. i noticed 2 survivors on the other side of the airfield, followed them and made them panic by writing stuff in the direct chat. very funny tho :D i followed them around. they attracted every zed. made me laugh so hard :D

so far, this patch looks very good to me (except the statue zombies). keep it up ;)

Why can't we just load the ENTIRE map when you join a server so you won't have that goddam 8fps when you enter a city ( And when you aim its like 2 fps) even though i got a hd radeon 6990 it doesn't matter because the game fucks up.

You really can't just load everything on map at load time. If you did, you would really see an fps drop or the map may not load at all and lock your game. Every item ( building, vehicle, weapon, grass billboards, tree etc) all require draw calls ( google it). Thus you use an lod ( level of detail, which is usually distance based from the camera with clipping planes etc. ) system and also a camera culling frustrum to prevent things from unnessasarily loading into the world that are not being seen by the player ( what would be the point of loading everything you can not see? It would just require more resources) and yes sometimes this causes object poping that sometimes the player may notice. All of these objects and their materials get loaded into the ram of your video card. So you can imagine that if everything was loaded into ram it would kill your card, things like textures that may be 512x512 you would think would take up little space because you see an image file as say 150kb, the reality is that this is a compressed image, when this texture is loaded into ram it has to be decompressed therefore requiring a lot more space. You can group object in some game engines that will only pull one draw call instead of many, just like multiple objects may share the same texturespace in one file for their uv mapping. Creating games take a lot of creativity and thought.

Anyway regardless of the lesson above ( which is very primative ), trying to load this entire world, which is huge would be a game breaker. There is a lot that goes into developing a game and the technology used to create that game.

Happy gaming and enjoy the ride.

Asylum

• Like 1

It is probably safe to update now, since 1.7.2.1 has been made the default @ http://cdn.armafiles.info/latest/

Of course it is up to server hosts to use the latest hive, FR16 is updated and you will not lose your stuff.

Edited by icomrade

So is 1.7.2.1 official now? since all I see are servers running this version and I don't have it yet :L

So is 1.7.2.1 official now? since all I see are servers running this version and I don't have it yet :L

look at the post above, i'm not sure its on six updater yet.

Turn down your settings just a little. I'm playing with most settings on Normal and I have no FPS issues. I'm using an ancient dual-core Athlon II X64 4200, 2gb or ram, and a 512mb Radeon 4800. I definitely have not hit 2fps ever.

Is 1.7.2.1 no longer experimental?

In the first post it states it's 'broken' on purpose, is this no longer the case?

Just a bit confused why so many servers are now running it, when 2.2 is coming out later today...

anyone else stuck at waiting for host once the patch is applied? thats what i am getting i let it sit there for 5-10 min and still the same? anyone know whats going on?

anyone else stuck at waiting for host once the patch is applied? thats what i am getting i let it sit there for 5-10 min and still the same? anyone know whats going on?

People can't connect with the patch applied. They try but they can't... (at least on my server)

I am waiting the real patch or some corrections on the server hive.

Yep, me too, waiting for host indefinetely.

Well i tested the game through a big frustration cause almost nothing is working anymore...

I quit my ArmaX and bought the game through Steam. In ArmaX dayZ (1.7.2 - 94444 - 94700) was completely dead and broke, not only for me. For all the clan.

Ill tell you my experience about Steam Version patch 1.7.2 and beta 94444

1) First, ultra High pings

2) Joining servers takes from 15 minutes to 25

3) Possibility to finally join a server without a crash or stuck is 10%

4) Many kicks from the game cause of high ping

5) Respawns with 0 gear

6) Respawns with gear back

7) Respawn unconsious in the middle of electro (when i was elsewhere) and see a guy shooting at me in the head. Didnt see that i died and ''you are dead sign''

8) Tents dissapearing (no point survive like this) If its still there you cannot access the tent save it or pack it...

Well the game after 1.7.1.5 is unplayable and broke. For me and the clan it takes a 5% of quality at the moment we speak.

Its more a harddrive speed and processor problem, mine works just fine in citys aswell with a radeon 5770 ;)

i install 1.7.2.1. I see good fps, but, i have anytime freezing for 0.5-1 sec. wtf?

guy on se 3 teleporting around with a silenced m9 shooting folks, went back to where we died, gave him a 20 clip g17 in the ass, and some revolver shots confirmed atleast 12 hits. didnt even blink. turned around and headshotted with 1 bullet. not sure of cheater, but fairly suspicious. couldn't see the name tag either.

#BUG:

Noticed a little bug. nothing really to worry about. thought id just put it out there. some of the animals seems to despawn randomly\when i come close to them.

Tho confirm on Fps is being great in 2.1 =)

Is 1.7.2.1 no longer experimental?

In the first post it states it's 'broken' on purpose, is this no longer the case?

Just a bit confused why so many servers are now running it, when 2.2 is coming out later today...

Where is the info on 2.2?

New error guys..I was connecting fine the last couple days but ever since this morning I get stuck waiting for the host on every server I join..anybody else having this problem?

Was playing on some server I usually play but they decided it was fun to post a message "update your stuff" then shut down and reopen to 1.7.2.1. So, i did too and from then on couldnt play. Anyways, I'm too lazy to downgrade and switch to another server with 1.7.2

Edited by CriticalNerd