Ander (DayZ)

Experimental 1.7.2.1 test patch

Hi guys

This patch will only run on a limited server, it's not a finalized build and may break stuff.

We need a few testers to help stresstest our 1.7.2.1 server

Download the package from http://cdn.armafiles.info/experimental/AddOns_v1.7.2.1.rar

Unrar it onto your @dayz/addons folder .

Come to "Dayz - SE 3" and help stresstest.

This invitations extends to people who arent afraid of respawning your characters :)

Zombies are broken on purpose. They will not despawn properly if a player logout or exit area to cause excessive amount of spawns.

// Ander

• Like 33

How long will you be trying this? I won't be able to log on for about 10 hours.

Let's loose all my stuff... seriously! Although I like my first DMR... I will find a new one. ^^

It works for me, I was actually better off respawning so this worked out for me lol.

Yeah would be great with a changelog before trying it out.

I'm looking forward to great fix! Keep up the good work!

HOTFIX : 10 JULY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.2.1

* dayz_anim 0.3.1

* dayz_server (only for servers)

Developer's Note:

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Infected attack those they cannot see ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36375 )

* [FIXED] Wearing clothes makes you invisible ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36371 )

* [FIXED] New authentication method causing lockups on full servers (Reverted use of publicVariableServer)

* [FIXED] Pressing ALT key caused spamming of server sync ( No longer spams for sync'ing a character )

• Like 12

Just been on - connected from NZ so expected plenty of lag -

loading screen : took less than a minute.

in game - much much less lag than I normally experience

If someone post how to find your dayZ addons folder I would get on. I fell so noob. Spent 45 min trying to find it then gave up waiting on the email to make my forum acc lol

OK, I joined and tried a bit. I went as close as 5 m. from the side of zombies crouch running uphill (they were at the top), they were two and I approached by their 4, no aggro.

I had 307 - 328 ms in that server, and understandably was choppy, but it was the same choppiness I had with 1.7.1.5 at 150 ms. With 1.7.2 (other server) in a 150 - 180 ms server the game runs incredibly smooth now.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, when I joined the server, I got the stat table you see when you die but no "You are dead" background, then appeared in debug lands, then back to where I was, absolutely nothing in the inventory and my dead body right next to me with all my stuff intact.

Edited by Miltrivd

If someone post how to find your dayZ addons folder I would get on. I fell so noob. Spent 45 min trying to find it then gave up waiting on the email to make my forum acc lol

Hey man just go to computer, click C drive, open program files (x86), open steam folder, open steamapps folder, common, arma 2 oa, @dayz, addons. Damn that was a lot lol but thats it

• Like 2

Nice way to test new patches, ppl can now decide to take extra chance of losing gear etc.

Some things I found:

My icons, debug monitor, and chat disappeard somewhere between 5-10 minutes into the game.

Many zombies I encountered were not moving. They stood still as if frozen (many on the coast).

Hey man just go to computer, click C drive, open program files (x86), open steam folder, open steamapps folder, common, arma 2 oa, @dayz, addons. Damn that was a lot lol but thats it

Thanks! I never woulda thout to go in the common folder
  • Like 1

You are a tester, moron.

Don't be a douche bag...it's not becoming.

Still need people testing :) come fill up the server.

On the way.. :)

Edited by MadTommy

If you die at any point you should consider downloading this and jumping on any servers running it to help test as you will have nothing to lose.