Zombiestubble

Specific Replacement Weaponry (USSR)

A lot of people say that the weapons should be more localized to a post-soviet state, because finding a L85 or M107 just isn't plausible enough.

However, a weapon pack known as the "East Weapon Pack" is a good start, considering that it has much more authentic and localized weaponry than your typical M16 w/ ACOG scope.

This pack contains a handful of more authentic soviet weaponry, which would make for a more fitting universe. As of current you can clearly find a NATO Anti-tank launcher in the NW airfield and find no such weapons like an RPK.

What bullshit.

Here is the pack, a sizable 123 mb, but acutally worth it:

http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=9218

The entire list of weapons is in the readme, but I can give you a small spoiler:

Contains:

Tokarev - Pistol

MP 443 - Pistol

Stechkin & Stechkin SD - Pistol

VSS - SMG/Sniper

AS VAL - SMG

OC14 Groza - Assault Rifle

SV98 - Sniper Rifle

RPK, both 7.62 and 5.45 versions - LMG (No drums by the way)

AN94 Akaban - Assault Rifle

NATO AK (M80) - Assault Rifle (AK in 5.56! I would also say this would be fairly rare)

AK 100 series - All AK-type Assault Rifles

PKP - LMG

SVD - Sniper Rifle

SVU - Sniper Rifle

AEK 971 - Assault Rifle

Siminov SKS - Semi-Auto Rifle

There's more, and quite a few AK variants to be had as well. I hope the team even considers these weapons to be implemented, or at least some of them to make Chenarus not look like it was in the middle of Texas, but actually a small country that used to be part of the USSR. There's more differences between the weapons than to label them all AK-ripoffs, and most of them are actually still used today.

And I'm pretty sure you would have a much better, if not significantly superior chance of finding one of the weapons I just listed in a post-soviet state than an M4A1 with a M203 and Eotech.

• Like 1

Sure!

I think they should add the CZ-75 too - shocked there isn't one in the base game seeing as the devs are Czech and all. :D

What the base game also has is a vz. 58, which I think should be added to the loot pool. It's a neat non-western gun, and does not require additional artwork since it's already in ArmA II CO.

I afere, its weird having anti materiel riles from the usa lying around, or ultrakitted rifles. I think weapons should be on par with Any ex-soviet. Country

Obviously this is a good idea, but do you seriously believe it's worth suggesting?

Placeholders

The guns we have now are placeholders, for more sensible weapons.

I'd bet money Rocket planned this from the start, but it isn't a priority at this time, so it's not in game yet.

This is a good idea obviously, but I have no idea why people start up with the realist fanatacism.

"Nope it isn't realistic to see a winchester in Europe, good observation Timmy"

is it hurts to have non-soviet weapon??

all these weapons spawns at crash sites so its a logical reason, also if its all about realism I think that if it would happen for real, America and NATO will be the first to get there...

If DayZ were in America, less people would have problems with the current loadout, considering that America is really "the gun country". If DayZ were in somewhere like Poland, the mix of post-soviet NATO weaponry and USSR weaponry would complement each other. But we're in Chenarus, which is basically the same thing as the Czech Repulbic (Bohemia purposely modeled some of the environment from the CR). I don't know how many M4A1s w/ Eotech you would find in the Czech Republic, but I guarantee that there wouldn't be many. Not nearly as many as there would be AK variants.

And people start up with the "realist fanaticism" because while the rest of the game is incredibly realistic, the selection of weapons isn't. And people want that changed. Including me.

And why not replace the current placeholders with more sensable placeholders. Like perhaps the ones I suggested.

It really doesnt matter what the setting is actually. American weapons are familiar to us and we enjoy using and looking at them. Why force all weapons to be russian origin just because of the map?

Wasn't there a big topic with pictures with the exact same idea, and possibly sharing some of these names?

The point is not to totally replace the NATO weapons, just be realistic about them. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, finding an M4A1 would be possible. But I'm also saying finding a Stechkin or a VSS would be much more plausable. 5.45 or 7.62 ammo would be much more common in Chenarus than STANAGs, the NATO standard magazine.

You could still have your M4A1s with Aimpoints and Grenade Launches, just make them more rare, and replace the spawnrates of those weapons with the ones in this pack. 9x39 ammo is hard to find, but it should be more available than 5.56, considering that the Groza and AS VAL are both USSR in origin.

Besides, if you wanted American, why don't we just throw in the XM8 and the MK series in as well? Hell, we can just call Chenarus "Somewhere around western Canada" and be done with it.

And I wouldn't mind a Canadian DayZ, but if we did that, then everyone would bitch about how AKs got there, and start threads about the latest Savage or Ruger rifle, and how it should be added. But we're in the middle of the post-soviet USSR. We got AKs. And a lot of people want to spice up thier "AK experience".

I'm just providing the means for them to do so.

The point is not to totally replace the NATO weapons, just be realistic about them. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, finding an M4A1 would be possible. But I'm also saying finding a Stechkin or a VSS would be much more plausable. 5.45 or 7.62 ammo would be much more common in Chenarus than STANAGs, the NATO standard magazine.

You could still have your M4A1s with Aimpoints and Grenade Launches, just make them more rare, and replace the spawnrates of those weapons with the ones in this pack. 9x39 ammo is hard to find, but it should be more available than 5.56, considering that the Groza and AS VAL are both USSR in origin.

Besides, if you wanted American, why don't we just throw in the XM8 and the MK series in as well? Hell, we can just call Chenarus "Somewhere around western Canada" and be done with it.

And I wouldn't mind a Canadian DayZ, but if we did that, then everyone would bitch about how AKs got there, and start threads about the latest Savage or Ruger rifle, and how it should be added. But we're in the middle of the post-soviet USSR. We got AKs. And a lot of people want to spice up thier "AK experience".

I'm just providing the means for them to do so.

To be fair, there's actually a crapload of AKs in Canada -- especially since importing Norincos is legal there, whereas Chinese imports have been banned in the US. :P

+1 to this, like the idea of more USSR weaponry especially the SKS rifle idea, and imo remove the bizon from the crashed heli and replace it with a variation of a western weapon (seems more plausible me thinks).

+1 Support, but don't completely replace/remove the US/NATO weapons, as everybody knows that the USMC would be all over chernarus like flys to shit when they hear there's a war... haha, I've just been testing these in-game and so far I'm really impressed, the AK-74M looks awesome too, I'll update when I've tested more.

AK-74M; Awesome looks, nice animations, works well, same sounds/magazines as the AK-74.

SIJt1.jpg

SKS; Looks really nice, works really well, sounds are a litte crappy, but nothing the team couldn't fix :)

lJfQ1.jpg

AK-47; The original, not the AKM, and in my opinion it would be more popular and easier to find than an AKM, same sounds and magazines as the AKM.

LZfvV.jpg

These are the only ones I've tested so far, they're really nice however.

Edited by Parrin

I couldnt agree more. In fact I think that many of the weapons should be the kind of out of date soviet weapons that are sold cheaply all over the world to those who cant afford better modern weapons.

Value of this - fewer scopes please.

This would be really nice. But i would love to have some of the main issues fixed first before seeing the developers working into this matter.

But anyway, VERY NICE!

Correct. My Weapon Russianization thread.

http://dayzmod.com/f...-detailed-post/

You and I have the same goal it seems. Just use the weapon pack in you thread, change a couple names, and we're all good.

However, I would strongly suggest that the SKS replace the M14 EP1, and that there would really be no .50 caliber weapons. .50 Caliber. Really. How many people do you think have one? Not everyone hunts Rhinoceros in Chenarus. The SV98 and VSS would both be quite formidable, considering that the VSS is a scilenced, fully auto sniper rifle. Course 9x39 ammo isn't exactly common either.

And TBH, I'd say replace the M4 variants with the AK100 series, and replace the M16s with the Akaban. Akabans are more accurate, and have the two-round burst feature. As for the L85? Just replace that with the M16 or it's ACOG variant.

Value of this - fewer scopes please.

I'd say make Red-dots and aimpoints hard to find, especially since they are designed for fast-targeting. Scopes like the PSO-1 would be a tad more common as they are pretty much actual scopes. And they do have a fixed zoom.

I'm all for this, but remember that the russians have advanced technologies like night vision and stuff too. I think we should stick to more of a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. loadout. A huge variety of Eastern russian weapons.

surivors should end up looking like this after being alive for a couple days: http://ishark.myphotos.cc/fBoOcYbQpriXuCdBl3Xpbw.jpg

Remember that a zombie outbreak would bring alot of international attention and forces from other countries would be deployed as a result. Because of this, western weapons should be very scarce and be found mostly at helicopter crash sites. However, there should be an advantage to using western weapons like the M4