C0ttonhead

Zombies are OP ATM

I just was running away from zombies, which i was hit SIX TIMES while running full speed. Killed all those fuckers then I PRONED PAST AND AGROED ZOMBIES FROM 75+ METERS. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE

I just was running away from zombies' date=' which i was hit SIX TIMES while running full speed. Killed all those fuckers then I PRONED PAST AND AGROED ZOMBIES FROM 75+ METERS. HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SURVIVE

[/quote']

Lol yeah, i'm giving DayZ a rest until 1.7.2.5. The fact that the Zeds can see me through the walls lol is amusing. Just hope Arma 3's engine isn't as bad.

seek a choke point' date=' and distribute bullets until the situation improves.

[/quote']

If the undesirable effects last more than 4 hours, should I consult a doctor?

• Like 2

I have a bizon, gillie suit, coyote pack. Been playing for a while. The problem is you cant run to a choke point because they can attack you while running now.

Best not aggro them then. and...

Its ALPHA yo, if its broke it'll get fixed

It really would be better to fix glitches and bugs with zombies that make them annoying before making them harder to kill. I think people would be alt+f4ing away from zombies a whole lot less if they didn't glitch through walls, all run the same speed, all zig zag and teleport like crazy...

If the undesirable effects last more than 4 hours' date=' should I consult a doctor?

[/quote']

if shooting isnt working for you, try using a bigger gun.

I haven't had problems with zombies, only players. 95% of my deaths are from them, when I'm unarmed of all things. Zombies do not need to be nerfed at all. Once you get even a fire axe they're extremely easy to dispatch. If you aggroed one from 75+ meters while prone, it was probably a glitch, which this game is full of.

• Like 1

Well r ight now they are making it so people are more prone to disconnects. Zombies are seeing me from so far away when i'm crouched/sneaking. Like through houses 75+ meters away.

• Like 1

Yup experienced something similar. Was on my way into Polana, to the supermarket. Out of nowhere 7 zeds came running at me as I got in sight of the town. Wtf...

Best not aggro them then. and...

Its ALPHA yo' date=' if its broke it'll get fixed

[/quote']

That's funny, considering Rocket has purposely broken a dozen features since around the time I started playing, which isn't too long.

• Like 1

lol ure complaining about agro?

ive died numerous times while at 12000 health, getting hit through the wall, and instant knock out. then bleed to death while zombies hit me through the wall.

So it's back to people abusing the Abort button because of zombies being incomprehensible predators that behave like they have beyond-superhuman awareness of their surroundings

Hitting people in full sprint? Wasn't even mentioned in the update logs

Great....exactly what we needed

DayZ makes no more fun to me with the new aggro-mode for zombies.

in 1.7.1.5 everything was fine but now its fucked up, pretty much fucked up, sorry but its not playable for me.

Its really weird for me.. Every new game that I want to try out, works perfectly its extremly fun, for a few days, then it updates and fucks up, like this game.. bought it 3-4 days ago.. so much fun.. got a ghillie suit and an m4a3 cco and right now they removed ghillie suits and zombies are fucked up FANFUCKINTASTIC ISNT IT?!

Seem fine to me. I killed 30+ with a hatchet. They ate my buddy, but I ain't sceerd.

Zombies are different now. You learned them once, adapt.

• Like 1

TL;DR

I need to man up before i play this game again, wahh this game is too hard for me. I have all the best gear but the zombies can hit me what is wrong?

Hmm, after further play, I have noticed that some zombies are aggroing from very far away. As far as I can tell though, it's some glitch with the new patch. Most zombies I've encountered act as normal, and I can crouch past them from pretty close distances. Also, zombies will be easier to handle once all their glitchyness is fixed (warping, poor animations, etc.)

Why don't we take these zombies and put them in the woods? There, game is balanced again.

Yea but how often are the checks? If it checks every 3 seconds the probability thing won't work as u can easily be under their fov at 100 yards for 2 minutes. The hitting u while running shouldn't b, and I do think running up a hill from zombies should be a legit tactic. Think about it zombies don't think about footing on a steep incline all they know is go forward, chase. Steep inclines should be an advantage for humans. We do need ways to beat the zeds other than using all of our ammo, or take a beating by using a hatchet to fend them off. It's nice to have tough zombies again but these are too much. No way to exploit an advantage cause we have zero advantage unless you happen to have phat lewt gear.

I always thought it was strange they couldn't hit me as they chased me, though if they're able to see through walls and see prone from 75 meters, it seems the game will be about dodging glitches over dodging zombies.

I'll have to see for myself, though. I still can't get into any servers. I look forward to trying to find a way to avoid death in a more difficult manner. I'm hoping it's less impossible than some are making it out to be.

I don't know that they are too op since the leg breaks are much fewer now, but the LOS exponential chance at distance is sometimes a bit wonky. I was well over 250 yards away from a zombie and was testing how far I could not crouch walk. Well that zombie decided to go for a sprint at distances far greater than I can ever remember. He was a bit easier to shoot but still, I can't imagine going to a city without a group of 3 or 4 well armed associates.