grrinc

Zombies are back in charge - good job

I'd say these are some super human zombies.. I was low crawling about 15 feet from a zed, he aggroed on me, shot him 3 times with an M9 and he knocked me unconscious in the first hit, my blood drained from 9k to 0 in the time it took me to recover. At least it didn't break my leg... -_-

Oh, my sweet naive child. If you think a few angry zombies are going to stop my group from murdering you, you have another story coming. A sad story. A story that involves my two favorite companions dealing with any zeds in the vicinity with their 1600 combined rounds of M249 ammo while I deal with your silly face with my AS50 anti-material sniper rifle. That material is your face. My gun is anti-your-face.

Maybe we will spend a few more bullets than we did before the patch but please don't think you're safe.

sad...

Ahhh.. justice served :) Did he have the dinner bell or what :D I think there are still too little zombies in the game. With zombies quantity triumphs quality. In real life a city of 100k population would have thousands of zombies in it.

In real life a city of 100k population would be MUCH larger(dont know exactly, but elektro maybe has 5 streets. In real Life there would live maybe 500-1000 people!)!!! Even with 1000 Z in elektro this city would be so full, u even couldnt enter a building.

BTW: How u wanna fight that much Z's with maybe 5 mags of ur primary weapon?????? even with a group of 10 players that would be impossible! Not to mention that the first person shooting them has aggro of 1000 Z's, running zickzack with lightspeed straight to him!

And then there is still the FPS problem....

I think there are still too much Z`s, or they are little bit overpowerd. And i dont like the fact they only spawn when players are near. Thats not really realistic.(Or is it? Dont have much expirience with Z's in reallife)

And then there is still the FPS problem....

And i dont like the fact they only spawn when players are near. Thats not really realistic.

Those two things are closely related. The reason why you would only spawn them, when players are in the vicinity, is that each and every one of those zombies effects server performance. Go in the editor and place 500-1000 AI's in Chernogorsk, give each of them a few waypoints and run a few scripts...and see how your computer handles that.

Again...this is the difference between Arma and other games. I know if you've not made any missions and/or scripts for Arma before, it might seem strange, but it's definately a balancing act.

And by "in charge" you mean that retardedly insane sight radius that makes the zeds swarm you one second after you respawned without even having moved once, right?

I'd like to see zombies become much harder than they are currently, I sneak around only so I don't have to fire and thus alert other players of my position.

I was looking for water last night and struggling so I ran full sprint around Gorka and went in to a barn to kill the train I had created just so I could loot the corpses for water/food.

I haven't died to a zombie in two weeks, unless they speed them up in buildings and make them learn how to run up hills then I cannot foresee the next time I could possibly die to them.

Even outside in the open so long as you run back and watch for them stopping to attack you it is really easy to kill them. I just don't get how people are dieing to Zombies even with the recent changes?

Zombies are pretty much a non-factor. They are easy to deal with by LOS, smoke, or backpeddal and pop em etc. They are stupid AI, have been, and always will be.

Ahhh.. justice served :) Did he have the dinner bell or what :D I think there are still too little zombies in the game. With zombies quantity triumphs quality. In real life a city of 100k population would have thousands of zombies in it.

But there are no cities in the game, only tiny towns. If you look at the number of homes in Chernogorsk f ex, there might be a few hundred people living there, max.

In my opinion, players are supposed to be a bigger threat than zombies. The zombies aggro way too easily now. I can't even get through Cherno without aggroing a ton of zombies, and that's just from crouch-walking.

Ok, and if the game was entirely about zombies and there was no pvp what so ever, you'd be bored in about a week of playing solely against zombies, and having every piece of equipment you could want, and at that point the entire game revolves around walking, and finding foot and water to keep walking. That sounds like a load of fun. /sarcasm off.

PVP and the tension that comes from it makes this game,

It's anti-materiel. So unless our faces are pieces of military hardware he got that wrong too. Lol teenagers. (I'm 19 and Australian so I count as an adult).

19. Nineteen. Teen. You are a teenager.

You will stop being one when you turn twenty.

Do you have any examples of this, or are you waving about your own e-peen in retort to make yourself look higher-class?

Oh shut up. Stop following people around the forums and stop trying to start petty fights in an effort to derail threads. Welcome to ignore. good day.

Oh shut up. Stop following people around the forums and stop trying to start petty fights in an effort to derail threads. Welcome to ignore. good day.

Jesus. Butthurt?

Pretty sure you're the one who threw out the first insult. I'm just asking for you to provide a case of the "gaping holes in his/her own ideas". Glad to know that's too much to ask from you.

And what the hell are you talking about 'following people around the forums? I frequent a lot of topics, and so does Zed. Are we not allowed to chat or something? Especially when I agree with him on many topics?

Or are you talking about me running into you? Because again, I frequent a lot of topics. I'm sorry that I've wronged you oh so much by bumping into you.

And thanks. I couldn't give a shit if I'm on an ignore list. Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

Anyways, on the topic... what's the topic?

We've pretty much solidified that zombies are back to being beast. Maybe a little too beast, but we'll leave that to the 100's of whine threads that are being made by the hour to debate.

I still prefer the PvP experience over the PvE experience, mainly because the latter tends to just drag itself out. Once you kill a player, that player dies. When you kill a zed, though, another takes its spawn point, then comes running right at you most of the time, because you're too busy dealing with the other zeds you've aggro'd.

Oh, my sweet naive child. If you think a few angry zombies are going to stop my group from murdering you, you have another story coming. A sad story. A story that involves my two favorite companions dealing with any zeds in the vicinity with their 1600 combined rounds of M249 ammo while I deal with your silly face with my AS50 anti-material sniper rifle. That material is your face. My gun is anti-your-face.

Maybe we will spend a few more bullets than we did before the patch but please don't think you're safe.

I love you.

I'm gonna subscribe to your comments!

lol I love this post. +1

Well it looks like the latest patch is an attempt to make this game about survivors versus zombies again. At long last. A random guy took a few post shots at me in small town, and he attracted a horde to himself and got killed. It was hilarious. Thanks for the kit dude - Call Of Duty is that way >>>>

"Call of Duty is that way"?

When you get eaten by zombies people should say "Dead Island is that way" too then I guess, cos that's a part of the game too right?

Jesus you're a stupid retard.