albinorhino

A lesson on loot pile manners.

Good morning / afternoon / evening ladies and gentlement. My name is Unholy_Kyono and today I would like to discuss with you all the proper manners required for when you scavenge loot piles.

1: When looting a loot pile, please be sure to take everything in the pile. Even if you only plan on taking a Lee Enfield mag from a pile that contains said mag and three empty tins. Drop the tins a short distance away need be so that a fresh loot spawn may appear.

2: If you come across a loot pile that contains nothing you need then please, don't take from it as you will only leave behind a loot pile full of worthless offerings that nobody will take, thus leaving every pile full of rubbish that nobody wants.

3: If you enter a building and find that someone before you has ignored rules 1 and 2 and there are loot piles consisting of nothing but empty tin cans and glow sticks / road flares about, be a good sport and tidy up. A little spring clean here and there may result in your helping hand saving someones life in the future.

That is all.

Why would anyone want to do that? " let me just take the time to clear everything out of the house so someone later could benefit from this and possibly kill me later."

• Like 1

yeah people won't do that... and there is enough people already camping loot spawns like there's no tomorrow

So many drama llamas taking this seriously :D

EDIT: But yeah, I take everything I can from a loot pile and dump the crap I don't need as I know how frustrating it is to check out four houses in a row and find nothing but tin cans.

Just last night I found someone looting M19 ammo and leaving tin cans and flares. I told him to pick the rest of it up. He refused. I ORDERED him to pick up the rest and he refused. I put a bullet in his head, looted the trash pile and stuck it all on his corpse then hid it.

Buried him with the stuff he refused to take. Irony?

Proper etiquette is the only way we will be able to restore civility to Chernarus. I agree wholeheartedly

I think it's a brilliant idea!

Maybe Rocket can mod in little brooms, so I can sweep the floor before I leave a house. (The broom is a primary weapon, it doesn't fit in your toolbelt and takes up 10 slots in your inventory.)

Maybe Rocket can mod in little brooms' date=' so I can sweep the floor before I leave a house. (The broom is a primary weapon, it doesn't fit in your toolbelt and takes up 10 slots in your inventory.)

[/quote']

And then you could find vacuum cleaners at crashed helis, Dust Buster secondary weapons.

• Like 1

Maybe Rocket can mod in little brooms' date=' so I can sweep the floor before I leave a house. (The broom is a primary weapon, it doesn't fit in your toolbelt and takes up 10 slots in your inventory.)

[/quote']

And then you could find vacuum cleaners at crashed helis, Dust Buster secondary weapons.

You two muppets just made me spill my cup of tea I was laughing so hard. I now want to smack a zed around the face with a broom :(

• Like 1

You would not live long enough to complain about it.

Wow. Yeah, no.

Looting a pile is one of the most vulnerable positions you can be in in this game.

And you want me to INCREASE the amount of time I spend doing it, so maybe some stranger can benefit from my generosity later?

People wonder why they keep getting shot...

Stop standing around staring at your feet with a menu in your face blocking your view, for one thing.

Get in. Get out. Hit and run. Like everything else in this game. Guerrilla loot just like guerrilla combat.

Why would anyone want to do that? " let me just take the time to clear everything out of the house so someone later could benefit from this and possibly kill me later."

Ah realistic thinking...it is what reminds me everyday why people suck...anywho ya TBH doing what the OP says is counter productive to the spirit of the game..it is post apocalyptic its all about first come first serve...just speaking truth

Two more people fail to realise that without manners there can be no future civilisation thus the human race is doomed to die out in the zombie apocolypse.

Selfish wankers :(

That's not reasonable- and to declare it as if you're the authority on anything, much less something as ridiculous as "loot etiquette", motivates me to ensure I never pick up a tin can again.

nice, love that story unholy_kyono.

still not cleaning up. im just going to start.... hmm

I usually just shoot people on sight so i guess waiting to see if they ask "did i pick up all the trash over there" wont work.

could just stand over them for awhile after that but i don't think they will say anything.

Wow. Yeah' date=' no.

Looting a pile is one of the most vulnerable positions you can be in in this game.

And you want me to INCREASE the amount of time I spend doing it, so maybe some stranger can benefit from my generosity later?

People wonder why they keep getting shot...

Stop standing around staring at your feet with a menu in your face blocking your view, for one thing.

Get in. Get out. Hit and run. Like everything else in this game. Guerrilla loot just like guerrilla combat.

[/quote']

orly

nice' date=' love that story unholy_kyono.

still not cleaning up. im just going to start.... hmm

I usually just shoot people on sight so i guess waiting to see if they ask "did i pick up all the trash over there" wont work.

could just stand over them for awhile after that but i don't think they will say anything.

[/quote']

Don't forget to breathe heavily down your mic while standing over them ;)

The only place I pick up tin cans is at a hospital medical box if it's empty.

Only way to get it to "rearm" is clear away the cans.

But they are a pain in the arse. Maybe tin cans and whiskey bottles should get flagged for clearing every 30 minutes.

I don't know if that's possible, or if it would strain the system. Could end up lightening the load on the system.

I'm speaking out loud, and also through my arse because I can't play, so I am watching TV which in turn causes me to drink.

Yes Dayz made me an alcoholic. I got of light really. It made a lot of other people whiny little turds.

99% of the time I only have a couple open spots in my inventory.. I try to do it when I can, but if I only have 1 open spots I'm not making 10 trips. Also, not many people are going to clear out popular spots with 24 different loot spawns.

I wish there was another way. I'm sick of risking my life to get to a top military loot spot, just to feel like I'm getting someones leftovers.

Yes. A billion times yes. Someone put this in a poster in every city.

Every unarmed survivor I find from now on is gonna be my personal cleaner.

Fuck if I'm cleaning things myself, too risky.