Sign in to follow this  
andreamit

1.7.2. screwed my Arma 2

So, until yesterday night I could play perfectly, everything was alright SP and MP. Today as soon as 1.7.2 came out, I downloaded and manually added to the @dayZ folder as I always do. Guess what, I try to enter some 1.7.2 and I get stuck at loading screen. Ok I thought it needs sometime as usual, then I went to load my OA campain which I started yesterday and I noticed in disbelief that the loading screen was getting stuck no matter how many times I tried to reboot the game. Arma 2 normal campaign wouldn't work either and the SP missions aswell, loading screen and empty briefing. Srsly WTF happened, I haven't touched anything in the arma folder or registry or cfg files, absolutely anything. this is just crazy.

p.s. I'm using a non-steam version.

I'm not talking about only multiplayer mate, I mean the whole game won't work I get sick "invalid crew" shit errors and stuff like that.

I think you're the first person to discover this!

Oh wait' date=' it's you and everyone.

[/quote']

You sure are helpful. Yup, I got the same deal with Arma 2 SP and Armory.

Having the same problem too. Campaign in Arma II OA seems to work however. This happened after i downloaded the beta patch for Arma II manually, i am a steam user however. Steam didn't get it, so i just got the patch from Rockets update post, and ran that..

So, now we just wait or..?

I uninstalled the game and I'm trying to do a fresh install without adding the 1.7.2. update obviously.

Same problem here. Maybe it wasn't 1.7.2 but the beta(94444) patch? I updated both today, so i have no idea wich one caused the trouble

@andreamit: Does reinstalling work for you?

I am actually not sure how the 1.7.2 patch got implemented? Said in another way, how to DayZ get updated?

I downloaded the beta patch that Rocket posted in the update thread, and installed that via the executable file. Did the 1.7.2 get installed through Six Updater, or what ways is there for that to be installed?

My Six Launcher currently states that all servers are running a 1.60.93*** or 1.60.94***, and the server that gave me the error was a 1.60.93*** version-

i get invalid crew but everything else works fine.

using steam version starting game with sixlauncher

~silent

same problem, last night my game worked fine, I had already installed beta patch 94444 and it seemed to fix my car desync and some frame rate issues and today dayz update 1.7.2 came out. I installed and stuck on character as usual, But thats a given because most updates break games for a little while so I was going to hop on arma2 OA but it seems that the menus hang and freeze, and when I try to load the armory its telling me Im missing files and then when I do get in there is no map and when I spawn its like a camera looking at the level but I cant do anything. and he rest of the time its telling me error loading direct3d 9 engine. I've done everything I can think of short of re installing arma 2 and arma 2 OA. Not sure if that will even work, not to mention my Internet sucks so it will take days to reinstall D: from steam

• Like 1

94444 worked flawless for me and 1.7.1.5. didnt try 1.7.2 till now. i just hope it doesnt fuck it all up to re-install.

well, nothing better to do anyway :)

trying and testing tomorrow.

94444 patch. i heard mostly on european servers people talking they're stuck at loading.. american servers were fine, although i died 3 times and respawned with complete gear in the same place. then i joined a DE server that asked me male or female, when i didn't clickt and changed to a chicago server I was again in the forest with gear where I left before. something is surely wrong.

btw this happened over about 6 hours

My single player game seems to be affected as well. Was working yesterday, installed the latest patch today, & let the 6 updater do it thing...

Now I can't run any missions / training simulations ect ect.

In multiplayer on DayZ, I get the infinite loading screen / waiting to create character 100% of the time.

Those having problems with the Arma2 game after the new DayZ patch. Did you disable DayZ before trying to play the original Arma2. Did you run the game using the DayZ shortcut or run the Arma2CObeta shortcut? It should work using the Arma2CObeta shortcut that doesn't load the mod. I had this problem with another mod. The game worked again after disabling it. Tends to happen with buggy mods. Something happened with this update apparently..... They'll get'er fixed. If you installed the mod manually you might have erroneously put files where they shouldn't be.

I got it to work. I installed the 94700 beta patch from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

and the experiemental 1.7.2.1 patch from dayz: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28806-experimental-1721-test-patch/page__hl__+stuck%20+loading%20+screen#entry278236

Then you had to connect to the server with these patches on and it should work.

I suppose this new "feature" to have been implemented in 1.7.2 to prevent that anybody can use any DayZ stuff outside of an 'official' DayZ multiplayer environment :-(

I have made some non-DayZ-maps where you can use the DayZ weapons... a waste of time if that new "feature" should have been implemented on purpose :-(

Oh wait, it's you and everyone.

I must be out of fail then, ArmA II works like a charm here.

Logged on today to find "arma 2 OA has stopped working" when trying to join a server, worked perfectly yesterday.

same problem, last night my game worked fine, I had already installed beta patch 94444 and it seemed to fix my car desync and some frame rate issues and today dayz update 1.7.2 came out. I installed and stuck on character as usual, But thats a given because most updates break games for a little while so I was going to hop on arma2 OA but it seems that the menus hang and freeze, and when I try to load the armory its telling me Im missing files and then when I do get in there is no map and when I spawn its like a camera looking at the level but I cant do anything. and he rest of the time its telling me error loading direct3d 9 engine. I've done everything I can think of short of re installing arma 2 and arma 2 OA. Not sure if that will even work, not to mention my Internet sucks so it will take days to reinstall D: from steam

I get this exactly. Error on startup "DayZ requires BAF_Mission_2" or something as well. Reinstalling on backup folders.

No don't worry man! It doesn't affect your game at all.

That a reply to me? Because it does. Multiplayer and singleplayer are entirely fucked, I can't do anything in them, scripts are broken and DayZ lets me join but I don't see any zombies or players.

It's all fucked.

Yeah

That a reply to me? Because it does. Multiplayer and singleplayer are entirely fucked, I can't do anything in them, scripts are broken and DayZ lets me join but I don't see any zombies or players.

It's all fucked.

Honestly, "DayZ requires BAF_Mission_2" is not related to any of the above issues.

- You are able to play Arma by running the .exe rather than launching DayZ. 1.7.2 has provided issues with playing Arma in the same client.

- I'll need some additional information to troubleshoot the no zombies/players bug.

Cheers.

Yeah

Honestly, "DayZ requires BAF_Mission_2" is not related to any of the above issues.

- You are able to play Arma by running the .exe rather than launching DayZ. 1.7.2 has provided issues with playing Arma in the same client.

- I'll need some additional information to troubleshoot the no zombies/players bug.

Cheers.

Literally all I did was install the updates as I did before and launched it as I was doing before. These errors are because something is wrong with the updates, as evidenced by the multiple people reporting the same problem.

Literally all I did was install the updates as I did before and launched it as I was doing before. These errors are because something is wrong with the updates, as evidenced by the multiple people reporting the same problem.

Was just trying to help you mate. Yes, like I said, it's a bug relating to 1.7.2 (or an intentional feature - that's yet to be confirmed).

If you want me to help you with the no zombie/player issue, let me know.

Cheers.