Gaidoon

Banned for picking up M24

Hello I was recently global banned for picking up a hacked M24 and i was wondering if anyone can provide the link to the Battle eye people.

Barnesy you can get banned for picking up hacked weapons, it has happened to a lot of people.

Still waiting for someone to come back here and say they did get banned for this, and the ban was cleared, or even that battleye did say it was just for having a particular weapon. Hasn't happened yet.

Hey, I was wondering, how do you know that this wean was why you were banned?

Isn't an M24 a legit weapon on the wiki?

at least i've seen m24 ammo lying around, so why not an M24.. doubt its hacked

M24 Is indeed a legit weapon, whether or not that one was hacked, who knows.. If he picked it up from a weapon crate? Then yes.

I got in contact with battle eye but they want the number that was on the in game message i got when i was global banned i don't have this number and i can't join any matches to recieve it again doe's anyone have an idea? If i don't get this number I'm unfortunity permantly Global banned but they did tell me you can get banned for picking up Hacked weapons Not sure if they meant modifed weapons or if they were just hacked in though.

Barnesy you can get banned for picking up hacked weapons, it has happened to a lot of people.

No, you can't. BattlEye only detects scripts that you run, such as spawning in weapons or vehicles, or nuking the whole server. I'd find it unfair for a completely new player to be banned for picking up a weapon they had no idea of which it was not legitimately implemented. Also, even though the M24 is a legit weapon, and in DayZ it is. In your case, if it wasn't, and somebody picks it up in a vanilla match, would they not be banned?

Logic.

TL;DR - You were banned for hacking, and cannot be banned by BattlEye for picking up illegitimate weapons.

Scripts that are executed by a player are routed through BattleEye to the server in question, that is how BattleEye is doing their global bans. There may be "flags" of a hacked weapon in-game that could be linked to a player, but the simple fact is no such flag exists that directly communicates to BattleEye to initiate a ban. For example, what if the weapon was brought across servers? That would constitute a weapon replacement or DayZ ban at worst, since BattleEye has no correlation with the hive. Ergo, any "global bans" are not from picking up hacked weapons.

Well I've been kicked before from servers for "scripts" which I have none of. I wouldn't know where to get them, nor would I know how to use em. BattleEye does have false positives or at least server clients do.

The devs have

The devs have said on multiple occasions that you do not get Battle Eye bans for possessing hacked weapons that you did not spawn yourself. Stop spreading false information.

imagine... killing a hacker... picking up his weapon/gear only to get banned...