Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

I think the only major bug is the invisibility glitch.

I have pretty high-end gear with only the civilian skin, and honestly I don't feel like playing with a bunch of invisible bandits

I managed to get into a server, DC'ed after two minutes. Joined another server and when I logged in there was a crashed heli next to me. Like other said the zombie aggro radius is a bit silly now. Nothing useful in the chopper though; a FAL with one mag which I didn't take. Took some Stanag SD mags and left.

Like the idea of increased aggro / visibilty of zeds.. they were soo easy to get around before. Previously the Infected were simply not a threat.

have not been able to join a game since i updated to 1.7.2, but that´s probably just overloaded servers or something

ah ok since english is not my first language i couldnt make any sense to the "exponent driven probability"-part (if i translate it' date=' it still doesnt make any sense to me)

[/quote']

It basically means that weather and other things effect how visible you are.

Check your debug monitor, and you will have an added function at the bottom called visibility, i recon that is feet, meters or what not..

I crawled up to a zombie and were 5meters away from it, and it didnt aggro :)

Like the idea of increased aggro / visibilty of zeds.. they were soo easy to get around before. Previously the Infected were simply not a threat.

i partly agree with that, they were to easy before, but the visibility got doubled (if not tripled or more)

this makes the game impossible to play for new players

and as i posted earlier:

I respawned a new character and the instant i was ingame i had 3 zombies running at me without moving...

I have had aggro for zombies from huge distances now, one time I just took a step over the fence, there were no zombies around but one (a hopper) then I look to the corner of my screen and there is one running at me full sprint. This zombie was not even in my field of vision before it started to sprint. I've had others aggroed at distances that normally they'd be oblivious to me, I was crouched walking slowly like I've always done before. Anyone else have these issues?

I've seen that people said the range is increased, but I can't see how anyone can even get into town with these ranges if this was not circumstantial. If anything increase the aggro of firing guns instead of increasing range. The game is fun, but it was very stressful to learn all the keys when the aggro wasn't high, I can't imagine a new player wanting to stick it out.

So I decided I would try crawling to see if this made a difference, it did... to an extent. I was able to crawl past some zombies (I use the word 'past' loosely) and finally was able to get into a town, I crawled halfway through (visual was at 3) and a zombie across a fence line saw/heard me and ran, and was at least 2 feet from the fence.

• Like 1

well this sucks my group lost all of our car's, bikes and other stuff.. no more tents to..

yes we were well inside the map... well nm its back weee

Everything would be perfect if the new players spawned with a melee weapon to fend off the new enhanced zeds. Maybe a melee weapon that was half broken :)

i could live with this,

OR

change the visibility according to the server difficulty

i still have to find the sense in the different diffivulty modes (3dp & CH can be enabled on any difficulty mode)

v1.7.2 is a Loading simulator.

Ok, I admit, this made me chuckle

My friend just spawned. Got instant raped by zombies. Wasnt even moving. :D

Everything would be perfect if the new players spawned with a melee weapon to fend off the new enhanced zeds. Maybe a melee weapon that was half broken :)

i could live with this' date='

OR

change the visibility according to the server difficulty

i still have to find the sense in the different diffivulty modes (3dp & CH can be enabled on any difficulty mode)

[/quote']

Yes, enabling either 3dp or CH should increase the aggro radius.

Lost all my gear - all of it. Teleported into a building and broke my leg. Promptly got into a race with an aggroed crawler to get to the hospital (crawler won :(). The zombie aggro range is definitely messed up, because while I'm getting less zombies aggroing through walls they're homing in on me from much, much farther away.

After I respawned, though, everything seemed just peachy. Haven't gotten around to bear traps yet, but I have a feeling a lot of snipers may be using them to camp buildings, depending on how they're deactivated :\

can someone tell me if I am able to get on 1.7.5 servers even though I updated?

Um don't think so. You need the same DayZ version as the server. So go back and redownload the 1.7.1.5(I'm guessing this is what you meant since 1.7.5 is not out.)

Logged in and I realized ghillie suit I was wearing is gone and now am wearing a weird digital woodland camo outfit with a radio antenna on back :o

My friend just spawned. Got instant raped by zombies. Wasnt even moving. :D

heh watched my friend respawn after getting sniped in Cherno. He had 5 zeds on him before he took his first step.

11 attempts at 11 different servers. Stuck at the same character creation screen. So in a nut shell - the update has caused problems.

Quick question - is there a way to predict that the game will keep getting stuck before the loading in process? It seems odd to load a game in first, and then decide to check for problems.

So from the sounds of things the game has returned to a rather unplayable state....

If zombies weren't so impossible to hit while running/when they aggro on you, the zombie sight/hearing buff wouldn't be a problem. But there remains two initial factors that make shooting zombies close to impossible:

1. You cannot anticipate their movements (zombies should run directly at you...not zigzag all over the place).

2. They run extremely fast, combine this with point 1 and it makes shooting them very hard/pointless

Fix the movement.