Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

ah come on! stop shitting bricks when zombies finally become dangerous AS THEY SHOULD BE and you are start to whine to bring it back when they were nothing more then decoration for deathmatch.

Someone said that the range of getting aggro is only increased if they walking towards you. However, when playing at night on a dark server WITHOUT a nightvision is fucked up......

I hate how the zombies see me from 10-15m even when I am prone. Prone should really be the "stealth" thing and crouch-walk the best thing to do when around zombies.

Goddamit, I cant even crouch walk near a town without getting a mob on me, I cant loose them and get killed. I even tried running around a corner of a building and going prone, they lost me but as I am crawling away from the corner and they come investigate my old position I get insta-spotted as soon as they cross the corner. Fuck this man, really. This is not fair and just frustrating. And not at all realistic. If something is small and moving slowly it might as well be another zombie. Even the hoppers move more "jerky" than a player and why don't the zombies attack THEM?

It seems to me that the visibility system needs a bit of tweaking. This is no fun for me anymore. I hopped in today after a few weeks not playing. And I will not hop in again until this is fixed. Its just too frustrating for me. Prone is so useless now too. You dont see the zombies because of all the grass and you have no idea how close you are to them. And then you get aggro and, bah. Old story.

Sorry for the rant, it's just how I feel atm.

Good night folks. Rocket, keep it up mate!

• Like 1

All these people complaining about the Zombies detection range and losing gear, think yourselves lucky you can actually play. I'm still stuck staring at the fucking loading screen. Fix that shit first to hell with missing gear and super Zombie senses, I couldn't care less about that. I just want to be able to play again.

gameplay:

- Equipped Ghillie suit is gone after patch: a) gone, but everything else is allright; :cool: gone, and spawing in debug forest without equipment

- absolutely random zombie aggro: crouching/ prone does not help to avoid aggro, range of aggro is impossible to estimate

- random kills from zombies: got a one hit kill from a zombie at 9800 blood

- zombies now swim

- zombies seem to be always moving towards spawning player: never loosing the direction he takes, without aggro

server:

- no server seems to work fine: stuck "at waiting for character to create" or "session lost", etc.

- gameplay yesterday has not been saved: respawned at location two days ago

so far and good luck guys :)

Edited by luxn

Hmm.

Showing visual is nice.

But the sight radius of the zeds is a bit unfair.

I can't even go into a small village or anything, every time the zeds see me FAR away.

I know it's alpha but this is insane.

I know, the zeds should be more intelligent and everything, but it's a bit hard now.

But the real problem is the sight of the zeds in combination with the bugs and laggs of the zeds.

So they are running to me from a far far distance, running circles and everything and suddenly standing near u and hitting u.

Another thing: the bleeding.

It happens very often, that the first hit of a zombie is giving me a bleeding.

It's a bit annoying, really.

But much more annoying are the bones.

I mean, are the out of glass or what?

Or the servers.

It's way harder to find a server to play on, because i often stuck in the "waiting for character to create" screen.

Don't misunderstand me, i like the mod very much, it's really nice and i enjoy every second i play it, but the zombies were way better before 1.7.2, because their sight + bleeding + bone breaking is...insane.

One more thing: excuse my english, i'm german ;D

Edited by LuigiMH

... I'm disappointed if their view range is that far increased, the one time I actually got in to play I was playing at night and noticed no difference on zombie aggro radius.. I didn't think it had been changed at all.

Apparently playing at night is the way to go?

I'm not sure about that either. I was playing in the dark last night. I had a visual of 0. I was making maybe 1 bar of sound. I had a zombie around 20 feet away detected me and started attacking because I was crouched. If I was prone. I seemed to be ok. But no different on visual or sound.

i just played on server with expert difficulty and heck, guys what are you even complain about? zombies are still not THAT dangerous to complain lol.

starting without gear aswell, and my old character died in building for soem weird reason. but still zombies are just zombies.

compared to crowd of armed insurgents that pin you down with supressing fire and outflank you thats nothing to complain about.

Edited by n2-
  • Like 1

and... what about bear traps ? couldn't get my hands on this thing yet...

I found a few....

53C00.jpg

• Like 8

the only thing that still piss me off is barbedwire farms. other then that quite descent

I'm not sure about that either. I was playing in the dark last night. I had a visual of 0. I was making maybe 1 bar of sound. I had a zombie around 20 feet away detected me and started attacking because I was crouched. If I was prone. I seemed to be ok. But no different on visual or sound.

Hehe yea thats fucked up, they should maybe consider to put NVG as a starting item, so people can play at night.

Hehe yea thats fucked up, they should maybe consider to put NVG as a starting item, so people can play at night.

Just no.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'm not too happy with the new patch. The only issue I really have is the fact that a lot of servers aren't spawning items as they should...I'm not sure if this is an issue with the patch or not though.

Just no.

I'm with Baltimore. No

I just have to add this. It is a beta and I feel a bit bad about everyone getting so pissed including me. If something went wrong with this update I'm sure they will fix it and btw he did a great job from the beginning and most of us love the game without these problems so give him a break. Of course we should talk about the problems but maybe in a better way. It's also free btw.

Rocket! Keep up the good work and let's hope you get a fix for this soon :)

The point is, and the reason for the forum itself is, so we can provide Rocket and the other devs with opinions, suggestions and bug reports. He knows full well that people only get upset when they see the development going in a direction they dont like because they love the game and want to see it progress in a certain way. When Rocket sees a drop in (the very impressive) player numbers a period after a new patch he'll take a look at the forums to see what the problem might be; A bug? An imbalance? A game ruining exploit?

Rocket wants us to be vocal about the game. At the end of the day he has a vision of what the beta will be, and I know game is in safe hands. But he needs us to provide him with criticism as long as it stays constructive.

I dont know if that's just me, but i've been looting Putoshka and found nothing but a tent and a crowbar, not even a single food or soda can, not even the usual trash... also looted 2 empty deer stands! I mean, zombies seeing far isn't that bad, but if you cant even find anything to defend yourself, it kinda sucks!

Zombies awareness is way to high , only played this version. Started playing after seeing a lot of you tube videos. So for a new player to the game ,it do not offer any chance for good game play as it is now. Played for two hours , and i did only find one gun, on a dead player. Otherwise this mod is awesome .

Edited by letsrumblenow

I want to know how I lost my ghillie suit?

A little magical man came by while you were sleeping and stole it!

Go cry elsewhere... I'm sure you could have used the search function to find an answer to this, as it's been asked a million times.

Update: I'm still in love with the new zombie mechanics. I'm not seeing these loot problems a few others claim to be having, stuff seems to be spawning fine. I'm looking for bear traps, no luck yet.. The dampened sound during rain is awesome as well. Current loot that I've found in the last few hours: m14 aim, glock 18, map, compass, axe, knife, beans, & more beans... I have noticed that when you shoot, zombies tend to flood the building you're in and do not stop until you take them out quietly, yet another great addition.

Edited by Hippie

I dont know if that's just me, but i've been looting Putoshka and found nothing but a tent and a crowbar, not even a single food or soda can, not even the usual trash... also looted 2 empty deer stands! I mean, zombies seeing far isn't that bad, but if you cant even find anything to defend yourself, it kinda sucks!

I wonder if they change spawn rates behind the scenes since I am barely surviving myself.Would be excellent way to test lower and higher spanw rates without the players going bongo over the changes.;)

All these people complaining about the Zombies detection range and losing gear, think yourselves lucky you can actually play. I'm still stuck staring at the fucking loading screen. Fix that shit first to hell with missing gear and super Zombie senses, I couldn't care less about that. I just want to be able to play again.

Im in the same position. Even if I can connect after what feels like 20 minutes loading, I soon get the red chain and it disconnects. They need to stop worrying about things like beartraps and fix this.

I adore DayZ and would really like to play it again soon!

Maybe they should fix the zig-zag, and zombies walking through walls, before they increased the difficulty to asian...

Still playing 1.7.1.5 because i dont want to draw aggro from stary sober when im at base camp (Stary sober water towerthing is visible from our camp)