Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

This is an ARMA 2 collision issue that probably will not be fixed as long as DayZ is just a mod.

If it can figure out how to stop players from passing and shooting through walls' date=' I'm pretty sure it can handle the same logic for other in game entities.

[/quote']

Players are supposed to be able to shoot through walls. What the wall is made of and the calibre of the bullet determines if the bullet will pass through. You can shoot through metal pipes and bricks with some guns, just as in real life.

Losing items on login? Good thing I checked the forum before starting the game after an update :cool:

The infected being an actual threat sounds nice; Just hope they'll eventually be slowed down slightly if this becomes is a permanent change.

Zombies can now run in buildings.

The most FUCKED up thing.

It's even more worse: they can run up hills where players cant lol

I was hoping they would actually make them stop running so a lot more shooting and fun would be going on but hell no.

The only reason these days you carry a gun is because of PvP. No one will shoot a zombie anymore since that means instant death (you will kill some of them but it will trigger another 45689040569456908 zombies which cant be outrun).

It took a while to "create" my character' date=' then I got in. I soon realized that my character was completely invisible in 3rd person. I have camo on, so I think thats the problem. I'm upset. I've had a lot of problems with this game. I understand it's alpha, but at this point I just want to play. I dont care about small issues like zombies glitching through walls, etc, I can deal with that. But when it takes 10 minutes to get into the game, then im invisible? Why even update until you know its stable. We're happy to wait.

[/quote']

Have you ever played a beta? Public or otherwise? With some major and many minor bugs?

This is THE STEP BEFORE. IT WILL BREAK, IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING, IT WILL SHIT ON YOUR DOORSTEP.

Sorry, but people just seem to think this is a GAME, it isn't, its a development.

You are right to apologise, He was filing his tears in the correct thread.

I hope you're all lying about that Zs-running-into-buildings thing.

survivors are too slow, I'm literally crawling up some hills

fast slow toggle seems to get borked by going prone

Zeds way too agroish

lost everything but the watch/compass/other slots when I put on cameo

I'm beginning to think the next patch will be cement shoes and a bacon uniform

making it too tough is just making it easier on the pk camps that want everyone slow and unarmed so they can kill em

There should be a prompt that tells you who killed who, at least let you know who killed you.

Me too dewd, me too. If they can it's going to make LoS just a hair above completely pointless

My thoughts exactly. I just got all my gear wiped last night. I can't imagine trying to do a run through churno or elektro to get start up equipment if zombies can now run through buildings AND their aggro radius is increased.

That is insane.

Well it's a fact:

- Zombies can run trough buildings

- Zombies can run on steep hills where players cant.

In version 1.7.3 all zombies will probably be equipped with L85A2's.

Well its time to change the life expectancy on the front page to seconds instead of minutes then

I have not had a chance to play 1.7.2 yet' date=' but based on the changelog: http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/changelog/84950cc2-8d47-11e1-baaa-001517bd964c

it appears that the 'zombie-glitching-through-walls' issue hasn't been resolved yet. Am I missing something? Because I'd rather have that looked into than animal AI tweaks... just sayin'.

[/quote']

I agree, priorities seem out of whack.

The way I'm speculating on it is since this update is mainly focused on performance. That's at the base of the game, so hopefully we will see something about Zed pathing and glitching later. Its probably more complicated than tweaking here or there.

I'd love to actually try the game but all servers have the waiting for character thingy again... to top that my server browser always freezes for about 30 seconds everytime I try to refresh.

Those of you who have managed to get on. How and where?

At like 5pm EST I got on about 3 v1.7.2 servers. But it was only like 5 mins till I got kicked. Then I couldn't connect to any updated servers. Just gonna wait and let smooth itself out. I'm not trying to lose my gear.

Well its time to change the life expectancy on the front page to seconds instead of minutes then

and the amount of players playing to hundreds since I can't be bothered to waste my time knowing im going to die due to impossible to survive mechanics.

Is it possible to just revert back to the previous? I think the aggro for the zombies before was fine, sure some tweaking for sounds, but if Zombies can run through doors/gates/fences/buildings there isn't really any point to making them stronger at this point. Besides that, I think the main and biggest threat in the game should be the players, the zombies aren't super hard to kill assuming you can make it into town without being chased down or killed by another player in order to get anything to kill something in the first place. A balance at least needs to be made, the survival rate is already an average of 38 minutes pre-patch, that's not a long life span, I bet that average is going to be dropping rapidly.

Zeds running indoors - realistic

Zeds running uphills - realistic

Zeds being able to see someone directly in front of them - realistic

Zeds being a major threat in a Zombie Apocalypse - realistic.

See where i'm going with this?

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way

Welcome to hell.

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way <<<<.

Welcome to hell.

I'm happy with that as long as they cannot hear you from behind a wall now...which I haven't tried yet.

loved 1.7.1.5 pretty perfected in my eyes apart from dc'ing and exploits ect, i think they need to prioritize what needs to be fixed befor they try and "fix" other things i mean dont know about anyone else but i always wanted the animals to fixed, not the fact that infected glitch trough walls

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way <<<<.

Welcome to hell.

Running through gates-not realistic

Hitting through walls- not realistic

Running through buildings- not realistic

My character not being able to run up a hill that is like only 30 degree while zeds can go 2 x the speed of Usain Bolt- not realistic

Zombies knowing exactly were you are- not realistic

me not being able to jump through windows- not realistic

Should i go on?

IMO Also, these are not zombies, they are infected, Anyone saying these are zombies should be punished.

The way Rocket wants the infected to be is just SO different and against what the arma engine is supposed to do and what is typically handles, its like l4d2 having slow zombies.