rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

No offense to you Rocket, but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they loose items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

Please work on making you code more reliable, it shouldn't be making items mysteriously disappearing.

piss off this is a alpha its for testing your supposed to be fcked by bugs and loose all your shit EVERYDAY. until retail.

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

That wont happend cos most of us in here got some balls to stick arround.. ive lost 3x m107 on 5 days. i still find it fun respawning and finding new ways to do stuff. im here for testing. im supposed to be fcked over.

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

I hear what you're saying, but unlike CCP with Eve, or Blizzard with WoW - this project isn't based on a subscription model. In fact, this project isn't based on any money at all.

It's a bit shit, but the only way for the experiment to continue is with mistakes. I have to keep being bold. There is a reason the game everyone always thought of was never made, and this is it. Because nobody could deal with the fallout from the insufferable process of trial and error associated with pushing the boundaries to make it happen.

• Like 4

haha Can't you girls just leave allready. if your so worried about "not having enough testers" because of this and that.. you really got no reason to stay around. leave this to the guys.

I do regret to say though' date=' the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

[/quote']

No offense to you Rocket, but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they loose items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

Please work on making you code more reliable, it shouldn't be making items mysteriously disappearing.

piss off this is a alpha its for testing your supposed to be fcked by bugs and loose all your shit EVERYDAY. until retail.

Not everyone is a gear whore, some people actually like playing the game.

I hear what you're saying' date=' but unlike CCP with Eve, or Blizzard with WoW - this project isn't based on a subscription model. In fact, this project isn't based on any money at all.

It's a bit shit, but the only way for the experiment to continue is with mistakes. I have to keep being bold. There is a reason the game everyone always thought of was never made, and this is it. Because nobody could deal with the fallout from the insufferable process of trial and error associated with pushing the boundaries to make it happen.

[/quote']

/thread

I do regret to say though' date=' the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

[/quote']

I will follow this up with saying: What happens when there are no players to test your alpha because cheaters and exploiters are still persisting many updates later?

I like your comeback. :D

so just wondering, if you were wearing a gillie suit at the time of the update you are invisible to everyone?

Putting in a shitty anti-cheat system is like implementing DRM that hurts paying customers.

You are not a customer' date=' you are a volunteer tester.

[/quote']

I'm afraid you aren't clear on what an analogy is. Just as DRM is analogous to anti-cheat, in this example, customers are analogous to players (or testers, if you want to call them that).

DRM that hurts paying customers is bad, just as anti-cheat that hurts legit players is bad.

I hear what you're saying' date=' but unlike CCP with Eve, or Blizzard with WoW - this project isn't based on a subscription model. In fact, this project isn't based on any money at all.

[/quote']

Extremely Well said good sir, and you are right this is a game that i personally have always wanted. You delieved to my expectations but it is your mod so do what ever you want with it. The haters can shush and go back to COD

No offense to you Rocket' date=' but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they loose items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

That wont happend cos most of us in here got some balls to stick arround.. ive lost 3x m107 on 5 days. i still find it fun respawning and finding new ways to do stuff. im here for testing. im supposed to be fcked over.

[/quote']

Truste me, man, fixing the items issue won't be of any value if most players can't even get inside the game. I know (I've experienced this myself, couple of times, coincidentally, with 2 M107 too) it's really frustating but hey, shit happens =(?

Keep doing the good work rocket!

i still cant play. get stuck on fucking waiting for character to create. after waiting 30 minutes u end up in the debug desert everytime.

Stop beeing kids about loosing stuff, this is still a alpha if u still remember... Rocket can't make everything at once, and has he said there's priorities on wich he's working on so stop complaining and have a bit of patience and try to enjoy this awesome mod that is beeing developed ;)

i still cant play. get stuck on fucking waiting for character to create. after waiting 30 minutes u end up in the debug desert everytime.

If you're stuck waiting for character to create, try another server..

Once you spawn into the debug "desert" run east for about 20 minutes, you'll find trees.

Keep going awhile longer, you'll be at the west side of the map.

Look at the clouds, they're going East. Follow them. ;)

The players who are passionate about the mod would continue to play even if we spawned with 1000 blood, broken legs and bleeding out. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it did, we would manage to find a bandage and morphine, before working our way to a hospital for blood.

As an added bonus, I bet we wouldn't have to worry about pvp so much either.. we'd probably work together to find weapons and bring our blood up.

• Like 1

[/quote']

Pretty sure that isn't a reason why nobody ever made a game like DayZ. I'm a programmer, and a lot of what you've done isn't very complicated at all. I do give you a lot of credit though, because the ArmA II engine is a piece of dung. I'm sure using the ArmA engine makes creating DayZ very problematic, difficult, and error-prone.

The players who are passionate about the mod would continue to play even if we spawned with 1000 blood' date=' broken legs and bleeding out. I hope it doesn't happen, but if it did, we would manage to find a bandage and morphine, before working our way to a hospital for blood.

As an added bonus, I bet we wouldn't have to worry about pvp so much either.. we'd probably work together to find weapons and bring our blood up.

[/quote']

_This!_

And if some of the item disappearances are resultant of a new anti-cheat system you've implemented' date=' please disable that system. The game was fine before it was implemented, so we can wait a little longer for it to become more stable before re-enabling it. Putting in a shitty anti-cheat system is like implementing DRM that hurts paying customers.

[/quote']

Guess you've never been victim of a server wide kill script or shooting through floors/walls or an automatic explosive shell weapon that shoots through walls....

I've said it once and I'll say it again, go after these hackers with nukes, not bottle rockets. If your good enough, you can re-acquire all the loot you previously had. My crew lost a HUGE and I mean HUGE tent city, capable of arming 10-20 people with strong assault weapons. If that's a price to pay to get rid of hacks, by all god damn means.

Keep it up dev team!

[/quote']

Extremely Well said good sir, and you are right this is a game that i personally have always wanted. You delieved to my expectations but it is your mod so do what ever you want with it. The haters can shush and go back to COD

Very well put. That's what makes this game so good and unique: it's bold, it's new and it's being made and played (at most) by people who know how to enjoy it. It's a rare and unique game, which requires taste and a mature mind to enjoy it.

Notice' date=' I wasn't referring to myself in this case. Losing items isn't a big deal to me, but it's a big deal to a majority of Rocket's player base.

[/quote']

Excuse me, but who are you to speak for the majority of the player base? :huh::huh::huh:

amazing how impatient people get when they can't log in. there is a bug, go do something else for 24 hours...

not rocket science (budum-tish).

Fuck this game im quitting. Why?

MY l85 is gone.

And on my GPS om on 183185 so im on fucking nowere on the map. Fucking shitty game.

Never gonna play this shit. Only if u developers Give my weapon back and my regular place that was in Stary Sobor before i updated this shitttfuck.

Awww Muffin...

DayZ is in fucking Alpha, if you can't handle the bugs DON'T PLAY IT, Jesus you seem like a complete ass.

Keep it up rocket!

I haven't had this much fun on a game since Pre-CU SWG! I cant believe people are downing you and Dayz when it is a FREE mod that is in ALPHA testing.. You would figure they would know what the ALPHA part means. But there are many of us who appreciate the hard work of the DayZ staff and look forward to the future of the game!

im still very curious aboutt he L85 tho any more updates on this? is it gone?