rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Not about the items' date=' it is about the time I spent collecting those items.

[/quote']

I'm sorry but that's just silly

CAMO IS STILL UNSAFE!

I had ghillie and camo (wore ghillie of course but kept camo in backpack just in case). My friend updated to 1.7.2 before me and he told me that his ghillie is gone. So I desided to change clothes before update - I put on camo and move ghillie to backpack then I updated. When I connected I noticed that I wear very strange military form instead camo. I looked in my backpack and saw that ghillie is gone but I have camo instead. I thought "OK, screw that ghillie let's put on camo (again)". When I was changing clothes SUDDENLY I was teleported in ocean for 1 second and back to forest. After that all my weapons and stuff in gear has gone (drown I suppose). Next time I connected I was on shore - no weapons, no ghillie, no camo, no gear (good bye my NVG - it took a month to get that one). I saw millions of threads about teleportation to the ocean during clothes changing. Was it fixed? No. But we have bear traps now.

PROtip: next time a large' date=' much anticipated, patch is released; sit it out. Why such a hurry to update?

A lot of servers haven't updated to 1.7.2 yet, so why not update tomorrow? Might as well be an extra hotfix waiting for you tomoroow.

Kids these days. No patience.

[/quote']

This, 1,000 times.

If you scramble to down load the latest, it's going to bite you on the ass.

Always play at least several hours later.

Well, I got in and I was swimming in the supermarket back room..

(where I logged out earlier)

Furthest I've got so far, I have (had) a ghillie suit, but when I spawned, I did notice I was wearing gloves so definitely seems like an issue with the skins..

Logged out instantly in case I could avoid losing gear.

I'm going to try again after this post, will update again.

Edit: Tried again, spawned in the debug plains.. (not forest)

i'm not really mad' date=' just kinda dissapointed.

[/quote']

Like a father that just found out his daughter tried smoking.

Hilarious btw.

Using tents is essentially the 'end game' scenario.

This is a game? Hell I thought it was a free mod that is in alpha status.

Seriously, devs should wipe the hive after each major update. Better testing data doing that anyway.

zombies running in houses rofl' date=' fucking idiotic.

[/quote']

Please go cry in a corner where no-one can see you.

Seriously' date=' devs should wipe the hive after each major update. Better testing data doing that anyway.

[/quote']

I think you have sidestepped my whole point and took that part out of context. Congratulations, you have a potential to be an evangelical preacher or news anchor.

Most of the issues being experienced are only appearing when under mass load (currently 25,000 concurrent users). We're working real hard to identify exactly what the issues are, and fix them.

• Like 1

Seriously' date=' devs should wipe the hive after each major update. Better testing data doing that anyway.

[/quote']

It's a mod that's caused ARMA to sell better than vanilla ARMA did because there hasn't been mindless wipes. Not to mention, without a spectrum of players to try out patches you will not know what bugs are around.

If everyone was wiped this patch and logged in, no one would have known about all of the bugs that this patch brought.

What I'm trying to say is, you're an idiot. This is clearly not a normal "Alpha" in that Rocket and especially BIA have a vested interest in making this quite effective. The end goal might be to port to Arma 3 or go stand alone, but it is not to just treat this as a "who gives a shit" testing bed. Bugs and issues are going to happen because that's just what goes down when you're making a mod -- But there won't be intentional "lol fuck you's" dropped on the userbase unless there really has to be to fix some gamebreaking issue.

I updated the patch through 6launcher... It corrupted my arma 2 files so now i cant play with my friends in arma 2 while I wait for the hotfix.... apparently im not the only one also.... Uninstalled arma 2/OA... re-downloading arma.... sweet

Well if you werent so retarded you would have taken the time to install it manually like the rest of us.

Agreed. I don't understand how people would use a program to install another program. Makes no sense. So much better to install manually.

Don't be so elitist' date=' what do you think .msi's and .exe's install with? Windows Installer which is in fact an application that installs stuff for you...six launcher works exactly the same way, only it fetches the content for you automatically and also installs it, same with Steam.

[/quote']

I see no .exe in any DayZ updates. All i see are files. So idk why you mentioned .msi and .exe files. I may have said program which is my bad. But still, why use a 3rd party program to fetch files for you? When you have the chance of it 'corrupting' the game like they said happened.

lmao why are everyone crying so much about respawning and loosing everything?:P

i think respawning is pretty fun ^^, that feeling when you find a pistol, winchester or even a fckin compass everything you find feels like it being the best item again.. haha i love it.

Most of the issues being experienced are only appearing when under mass load (currently 25' date='000 concurrent users). We're working real hard to identify exactly what the issues are, and fix them.

[/quote']

Rocket to the rescue - Restoring sanity one post at a time.

i doubt that missing items & inventory whipes are only seen during heavy load :P

Tried again. Connected fine..

Spawned in the debug plains without my Ghillie suit, but I still have all my gear.

(last time I spawned in the supermarket in Cherno where I logged out, but I was swimming on the floor)

edit: I think I see a pig or something off in the distance.. at least I'm not alone. :P

i doubt that missing items & inventory whipes are only seen during heavy load :P

Not sure if trolling.

I updated the patch through 6launcher... It corrupted my arma 2 files so now i cant play with my friends in arma 2 while I wait for the hotfix.... apparently im not the only one also.... Uninstalled arma 2/OA... re-downloading arma.... sweet

A little disconcerting. But how in the world could updating DayZ via 6launcher, even affect or change your actual Arma 2 files?? Shouldn't happen, I wouldn't think! Doesn't it just update DayZ files in the DayZ folder?

Well, I ain't going to even try joining a server seeing these bugs.

Don't understand why people try joining servers when they read the thread and see that everyone is loosing gear and having massive bugs. If you don't mind loosing gear then -fine- go ahead and try playing, if you -do- have a problem loosing your shit then chill out and do something else until the bugs are fixed.

The missing items is because of the overzealous new anti-hacking mechanisms.

Not trying to be cruel, but I really aren't too concerned with people loosing their stuff to this at the moment. We have some kind of major loading issue. I would recommend not using the Ghille suits for the moment, or any clothing change. In fact, I will probably release a hotfix disabling that until it is actually supported in engine rather than the hackery method I am currently using.

The new config control to prevent hacking is a good thing, but it's gone too far and too deep. We'll get the balance right, but it needs to be measured and configured and tested. That's what we're doing. A number of servers still run 1.7.1.5, stay on those until this is fixed. Most of the updates will be server side.

We're currently trying to isolate the cause of the loading problems right now. They only appear on full servers under heavy load.

• Like 1

I see no .exe in any DayZ updates. All i see are files. So idk why you mentioned .msi and .exe files. I may have said program which is my bad. But still' date=' why use a 3rd party program to fetch files for you? When you have the chance of it 'corrupting' the game like they said happened.

[/quote']

I think the point was at some point all of us use some kind of installer for a game/program

A little disconcerting. But how in the world could updating DayZ via 6launcher' date=' even affect or change your actual Arma 2 files?? Shouldn't happen, I wouldn't think! Doesn't it just update DayZ files in the DayZ folder?

[/quote']

6updater/launcher also update the the Arma 2 client to the latest beta that a server says is required to connect to it. That is what is most likely breaking peoples arma 2 install.

So many with a disgusting sense of entitlement 'round here. It makes me ill.

You bitch and moan for them to hurry up and get the patch out and when they do you complain about the bugs saying things like "WTF" & "Fix it!"

Didnt anyone ever teach you any manners? Its because you were sooo impatient to get your greedy little claws on it. Its beta! Its day one of a new patch!

No ones forcing you to be a guinnie pig. Next time wait to find out the issues before you install a patch. OR stfu! Disgusting