rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Trick to playing day z when you have good gear...don't update right away wait for everyone to complain about how stuffed up it is and then update once the hotfixes are all out :D

actually, the trick to playing dayz with good gear is to not get good gear. m1911 and a enfield is all u really need along with normal binoculars. for military stuff, i guess u can go get a AK from somewhere. u dont need all of that top of the line stuff.

We even discussed a full character DB wipe before 1.7.2 to start with a clean slate.

Should have done it' date=' DB seems pretty messi to me!

And again, thanks for the good AND UNPAID WORK!

[/quote']

agreed..

the nature of the update would suggest some of the issues are due to player records being corrupted from the update.

For example, I spawned in my proper location the first time I was able to connect, *but* I was wearing a ghillie suit so I ended up swimming in the back room of the Cherno supermarket.

I reconnected, instead of re-spawning as I probably should have done, so I got sent to the "debug wilderness" for my trouble.

Granted I made it back to "civilization" with my gear intact, but I bet I could have avoided a half hour hike if the database had simply been reset.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am scared to go close to zombies right now because I still have my stuff. :P

I logged in to find that my ghillie had been replaced by the default survivor skin..

The ghillie can't have been removed from the game, as I was keeping a spare in my backpack for a friend, which is still there (though I might "lose" it somehow, if you catch my drift ;D).

A bug, I take it? Should I wait before I equip any other ghillies/camo skins?

(Also saw the post on gear disappearing when equipping ghillies. Related?)

Edit:

When I first logged in on the new patch, I think I had some army-style skin. It was a night server without 3rd person camera, but through the NVGs I saw it was short-sleeved with some kind of gloves on. Sleeves were light-colored and appeared to have some form of subtle camo pattern. Desert perhaps. Upon relogging, it was back to plain old vanilla survivor.

Horrible, horrible update. Not only did they break the login but now, after waiting all day to log in, the zombie aggro is worse. About the only positive thing I noticed is that my FPS went up and the game looks and plays smoother. Too bad the game is unplayable now because of the zom's aggro range. I mean I guess I can run around for hours and not search anything, but I wouldn't consider that playing the game. With this increased aggro range I don't see how players will be able to comfortably search towns. I look forward to many frustrating hours until they truly fix zombie aggro.

P.S. Yes... I call them Zom's and not Zed's. Zed in not a letter in the English alphabet. I don't know who started that ridiculous trend but it needs to stop.

Is it just me or are zombies aggro'ing from WAY too far away now? :(

Good job, ... oh wait.

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

Spawned there again, fucking wilderness, awesome, I found 2 Nightvision goggles just before the patch, first ones ever. Sick stuff.

P.S. Yes... I call them Zom's and not Zed's. Zed in not a letter in the English alphabet. I don't know who started that ridiculous trend but it needs to stop.

Zed is a word, not a letter. Zom's isnt a letter in the english alphabet either my friend... :D

Horrible' date=' horrible update. Not only did they break the login but now, after waiting all day to log in, the zombie aggro is worse. About the only positive thing I noticed is that my FPS went up and the game looks and plays smoother. Too bad the game is unplayable now because of the zom's aggro range. I mean I guess I can run around for hours and not search anything, but I wouldn't consider that playing the game. With this increased aggro range I don't see how players will be able to comfortably search towns. I look forward to many frustrating hours until they truly fix zombie aggro.

[/quote']

Your opinion has been dully noted

I logged in to find that my ghillie had been replaced by the default survivor skin..

The ghillie can't have been removed from the game' date=' as I was keeping a spare in my backpack for a friend, which is still there (though I might "lose" it somehow, if you catch my drift ;D).

A bug, I take it? Should I wait before I equip any other ghillies/camo skins?

(Also saw the post on gear disappearing when equipping ghillies. Related?)

[/quote']

If you try using it, I've heard all your stuff will disappear.

I would wait until you hear that skins are fixed before you try using it..

We even discussed a full character DB wipe before 1.7.2 to start with a clean slate.

[/quote']

agreed..

the nature of the update would suggest some of the issues are due to player records being corrupted from the update.

For example, I spawned in my proper location the first time I was able to connect, *but* I was wearing a ghillie suit so I ended up swimming in the back room of the Cherno supermarket.

I reconnected, instead of re-spawning as I probably should have done, so I got sent to the "debug wilderness" for my trouble.

Granted I made it back to "civilization" with my gear intact, but I bet I could have avoided a half hour hike if the database had simply been reset.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am scared to go close to zombies right now because I still have my stuff. :P

press respawn ;)

I wouldnt go that far, enfield attracts way to many zombies. The slient wincester 1866 is your friend.

Trick to playing day z when you have good gear...don't update right away wait for everyone to complain about how stuffed up it is and then update once the hotfixes are all out :D

actually' date=' the trick to playing dayz with good gear is to not get good gear. m1911 and a enfield is all u really need along with normal binoculars. for military stuff, i guess u can go get a AK from somewhere. u dont need all of that top of the line stuff.

[/quote']

Horrible' date=' horrible update. Not only did they break the login but now, after waiting all day to log in, the zombie aggro is worse. About the only positive thing I noticed is that my FPS went up and the game looks and plays smoother. Too bad the game is unplayable now because of the zom's aggro range. I mean I guess I can run around for hours and not search anything, but I wouldn't consider that playing the game. With this increased aggro range I don't see how players will be able to comfortably search towns. I look forward to many frustrating hours until they truly fix zombie aggro.

[/quote']

you new here?

...you sound new

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but thought it might be a good idea to post it here if no one else has stated it. I played on, I think it was LA8... not sure, a west coast server with 94444 beta patch, around 7 o'clock server time. In any case, during the day to night transition phases (and this is new, never had it before) my screen would start flashing with the sky turned to bright white and textures to a poorly pixilated black. It would do that for the entire transition towards night, then stop. Then it would start up again during the next transition. Basically, it was unplayable in that format. Everything else seemed smooth excpet for that.

My system is: Asrock Extreme3gen3 mobo

i2500k oc'd to 4.4

gskill 1600 ddr3 8gb

750w psu

gtx460 786mb in sli

Like i said, never had any "serious" issues like this before.

[/quote']

agreed..

press respawn ;)

Screw that.. I'm about to raid Zelenogorsk and just shoot anything that runs at me with my AKM..

On the other hand, I'm perfectly ok with dying.. ;)

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue' date=' but thought it might be a good idea to post it here if no one else has stated it. I played on, I think it was LA8... not sure, a west coast server with 94444 beta patch, around 7 o'clock server time. In any case, during the day to night transition phases (and this is new, never had it before) my screen would start flashing with the sky turned to bright white and textures to a poorly pixilated black. It would do that for the entire transition towards night, then stop. Then it would start up again during the next transition. Basically, it was unplayable in that format. Everything else seemed smooth excpet for that.

i2500k oc'd to 4.4

gskill 1600 ddr3 8gb

750w psu

gtx460 786mb in sli

[/quote']

Sounds like something you should post in the community bug tracker which is located here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Zed is the pronunciation of the letter Z in most dialects of English, and calling Zombies "Zeds" predates Day Z by a long shot..but hey call them whatever you want.

Thanks for the update Rocket, loving it!

-Cyd

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WEAR A GILLIE SUIT OR CAMO CLOTHING.

Myself and a friend both tried one of each. We glitched through the ground, lost all our main inventory(because it acted like we were swimming for a moment?) before being thrown back on land with the regular clothing.

Pack is still on, oddly; as well as all tools and the contents of said pack. Aggravating.

[/quote']

agreed..

press respawn ;)

Screw that.. I'm about to raid Zelenogorsk and just shoot anything that runs at me with my AKM..

On the other hand, I'm perfectly ok with dying.. ;)

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue' date=' but thought it might be a good idea to post it here if no one else has stated it. I played on, I think it was LA8... not sure, a west coast server with 94444 beta patch, around 7 o'clock server time. In any case, during the day to night transition phases (and this is new, never had it before) my screen would start flashing with the sky turned to bright white and textures to a poorly pixilated black. It would do that for the entire transition towards night, then stop. Then it would start up again during the next transition. Basically, it was unplayable in that format. Everything else seemed smooth excpet for that.

i2500k oc'd to 4.4

gskill 1600 ddr3 8gb

750w psu

gtx460 786mb in sli

[/quote']

Sounds like something you should post in the community bug tracker which is located here: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Thanks, I'll do that

Imagine if they had released it 2 weeks ago? I haven't been able to log :( I've prepared myself to spawn in wilderness as I am wearing camo. Goodbye M4a1 CCO and 1911. Not a biggy. I'm hoping my buddies can pick me up in our ATV...

Before I give up all hope, any chance someone could post a link on how to roll back to 1.7.1.5?

well i guess you guys are lucky im still being spawned in the middle of the ocean most likely lost everything.

Anyone still not able to log into any server? I get stuck at waiting for character to create or stuck at loading? I haven't been able to get into a single server yet, unfortunately.

Update: got into a server, had no sound at all. Anyone else with this?

I wouldnt go that far' date=' enfield attracts way to many zombies. The slient wincester 1866 is your friend.

actually' date=' the trick to playing dayz with good gear is to not get good gear. m1911 and a enfield is all u really need along with normal binoculars. for military stuff, i guess u can go get a AK from somewhere. u dont need all of that top of the line stuff.

[/quote']

You're both right. (although I know james ... he is not more right for that). Reliance on high end gear leads to reliance on equipment to get you out of a pickle you should not be nibbling.

Me.... I subscribe to matches, knife, hatchet, bandages, and running away.

As for james being right ... 1.7.1 ... and I need say no more ...

(and please don't tell me I am a whiner ... and it's alpha ... blah, blah, blah .... I am a loyal guinea pig for Rocket as are the rest of you. if we don't squeal, he don't know the extent of the issues)

Thank fuck l85's are gone by the looks if it. All of mine disappeared. Was just too easy to kill cunts with it. Thermal doesn't have a place in DayZ.

Can somone give me a link to what they are saying PLEASE

WHERE DOES IT SAY GHILLIE SUITS ARE BEING REMOVED?

SOMEONE SHOW ME PLEASE