rocket

Build 1.7.2 Rolling Update

Well, wether the servers work or not is irrelevant, since it is obviously fixable.

The most interesting thing about the update was the performance I noticed the few minutes I was on a server.

Zombies going down instantly when shot, less choppy movement... All in all, great stuff.

Now just imagine all the newbies getting their feet stuck in bear traps, I shall enjoy this update immensely, thank you rocket and the rest of the DayZ dev team!

I find the performance increased greatly, however the zombie's detection of players is broken in my opinion. When crouched and running in grass would normally attract zombies from 30 to 40 meters away, they now seem to agro from 100 to 150 meters away. They also seem to still hear pretty damn well in buildings.

I stopped playing after one zombie came running at me from about 300 metres, hit me once, I passed out and it ate me while another zombie was watching it happen without any interest. I was at 8500 blood before I got hit.

Getting stuck at waiting for character to create screen... anyone else?

lulz... your patch broke arma 2 .... cant play 3rd infantry domination map... cant map editor to make a sniping map in cherno/electro to bide time.... way to break Arma xD...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

DayZ.... it is spreading

Im so gonna place bear traps at spawnpoints and on high value lootpoints :)

Thanks Devs! Great patch so far! minor bugs here and there, but i think ull fix them pretty fast!

I do regret to say though' date=' the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

[/quote']

See everyone in a week or two. :)

lulz... your patch broke arma 2 .... cant play 3rd infantry domination map... cant map editor to make a sniping map in cherno/electro to bide time.... way to break Arma xD...

DayZ.... it is spreading

Did you disable the mod while playing without it?

Try disabling beta Arma?

Dont worry about the gear. Its alpha. The fact that I haven't been able to load in doesn't really bother me, b/c I reported the issues as much as I could, and hopefully it's helped point you guys in the right direction.

That said, if you want to be REALLY evil, do an inventory wipe on anyone w/ a hacked gun, blow up every tent and vehicle that has them stored inside. We know what guns are in game, and the excuse I found it... well, that'd piss in their cheerios rather nicely.

So I made it back from the wilderness.. ended up near Zelenogorsk. lol

Now I'm gonna play around with these zombies and see how much different the agro and stuff are.

So far my performance has been fantatic.. and that's enough to make me happy right there! :)

You guys (the dev team) have been amazing today, as always. Keep up the work! :)

so why is reverting the files in the addons folder back to 1.7.1.5 not working? still can't get into 1.7.1.5 servers

spawned in without gillie and broken legs... ha I beat the system. After loosing my last gillie and NVGs to broken legs I carry morphine around all the time. Now I just need to be visible, was about to do some LP shooting. Fun lol

So I made it back from the wilderness.. ended up near Zelenogorsk. lol

Now I'm gonna play around with these zombies and see how much different the agro and stuff are.

So far my performance has been fantatic.. and that's enough to make me happy right there! :)

You guys (the dev team) have been amazing today' date=' as always. Keep up the work! :)

[/quote']

Keep us updated bro :) i can't get in, i like that you keep updating^^

I do regret to say though' date=' the ghillie suit + missing items issues isn't really the focus right now. My focus is on getting people into game. Once everyone can load in, my next priority is FPS, followed by Zombie behavior.

Once we get all those working, I'll deal to equipment issues. This update also makes life much more complex for hackers, but as I said, I cut way to deep with my config cleansing. I regret the effect but really, we had to do something and, as always .... the solution is to keep pushing through this painful update rather than going back.

It's a shitty situation but this pain is really just us moving forward taking steps in the dark. We'll get closer to the right foothold with each step into the dark.

[/quote']

No offense to you Rocket, but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they looe items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

Please work on making you code more reliable, it shouldn't be making items mysteriously disappear.

And if some of the item disappearances are resultant of a new anti-cheat system you've implemented, please disable that system. The game was fine before it was implemented, so we can wait a little longer for it to become more stable before re-enabling it. Putting in a shitty anti-cheat system is like implementing DRM that hurts paying customers.

DayZ.... it is spreading

Did you disable the mod while playing without it?

Try disabling beta Arma?

Here is my thread about the same problem, retail version no mods and can't load arma 2 co. http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=32494

This is my target line for my shortcut

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

Without being redundant everything worked fine this morning including DayZ and all my shortcuts prior to the update. Know you guys are slammed but any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I hope the L85 got removed' date=' makes the game too easy. I'll use it til it is gone but the thermal removes a lot of the challenge in finding prey.. Gay people by using it or get gayed hiding in a bush and someone finds you with the thermal.

[/quote']

I have bad news for you...I think you may be a repressed homosexual.

so why is reverting the files in the addons folder back to 1.7.1.5 not working? still can't get into 1.7.1.5 servers

if your running from a third party launcher reinstall the launcher as well and delete all relating files that are not pure arma 2.

[/quote']

No offense to you Rocket, but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they loose items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

Please work on making you code more reliable, it shouldn't be making items mysteriously disappearing.

piss off this is a alpha its for testing your supposed to be fcked by bugs and loose all your shit EVERYDAY. until retail.

[/quote']

No offense to you Rocket, but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they loose items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

Please work on making you code more reliable, it shouldn't be making items mysteriously disappearing.

And if some of the item disappearances are resultant of a new anti-cheat system you've implemented, please disable that system. The game was fine before it was implemented, so we can wait a little longer for it to become more stable before re-enabling it. Putting in a shitty anti-cheat system is like implementing DRM that hurts paying customers.

Okay stop bitching. First off its alpha don't be a prick about losing gear just fuck off mate. its patch day and these things are bound to happen if you do not like the way he and the other dev's are designing the game then fuckin' don't play it. As well as "when they loose items that took" It's lose. Not loose.

[/quote']

piss off this is a alpha its for testing your supposed to be fcked by bugs and loose all your shit EVERYDAY. until retail.

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

lol doug.

im not sure how you state "paying" custoumers in your post. but i didnt pay anything for day z. and neither did you,

so please hush child.

No offense to you Rocket' date=' but I would start making it a focus. People get pretty pissed off when they loose items that took a lot of time and effort to get for no valid reason. It's one thing to get PKd, eaten by zombies, etc, but it's something else entirely for a bug to just take your stuff away. People aren't going to want to get in the game if they know that they will login to see their hard-earned items mysteriously disappearing.

[/quote']

You are an utter moron, sorry. Do you know the definition of alpha? Do you know what it means to participate as a tester of an alpha game? Loss of weapons and gears etcetera is apart of the alpha stage, shit happens, deal with it. This isn't priority at all.

"Please work on making you code more reliable, it shouldn't be making items mysteriously disappearing."

It's... ALPHA!!!!!! SHIT HAPPENS!!!! Get the fuck out and don't be an alpha tester if you can't handle stuff like this.

I find the performance increased greatly' date=' however the zombie's detection of players is broken in my opinion. When crouched and running in grass would normally attract zombies from 30 to 40 meters away, they now seem to agro from 100 to 150 meters away. They also seem to still hear pretty damn well in buildings.

I stopped playing after one zombie came running at me from about 300 metres, hit me once, I passed out and it ate me while another zombie was watching it happen without any interest. I was at 8500 blood before I got hit.

[/quote']

I agree, Zombies spotting me from ages away. Pretty hard to get near a building

[/quote']

[/quote']

Okay stop bitching. First off its alpha don't be a prick about losing gear just fuck off mate. its patch day and these things are bound to happen if you do not like the way he and the other dev's are designing the game then fuckin' don't play it. As well as "when they loose items that took" It's lose. Not loose.

Notice, I wasn't referring to myself in this case. Losing items isn't a big deal to me, but it's a big deal to a majority of Rocket's player base.

[/quote']

What happens when you have no players to test your alpha because the same problem still persists many updates later?

I will follow this up with saying: What happens when there are no players to test your alpha because cheaters and exploiters are still persisting many updates later?