outfctrl

Looting your dead body?

Hi all! Just started playing last night, but eventually I got kicked for some reason. I was just wandering around, got shot the first time by a sniper when I peaked through the woods. Started again, then got kicked awhile later. Oh well, no big deal. Dont know what I did to get kicked.

Anyways

Can you go back to your body and get your stuff when you respawn?

Thanks all

I believe you can, I've seen in videos when people go back to their dead bodies and loot them ,however some of these videos are back in May/June time so it could of been patched by then.

I personally wouldn't go back and get my stuff and go a completely different route.

When you spawn in the town were you died, you might be able to get there on time.

Otherewise it willbe gone after a while.

You can pick up your belongings but you must be on the same server you died on. Oh, and chances are high the sniper has looted your body already or is still around.

Yes you can mate, but hurry-up, get there before your body decay.. i could do it after 30 min..

Your corpse disappears after 15 minutes apparently so you'll either have to hotfoot it PDQ or get your team to loot your stuff and keep it for you. If you don't have a team then it's a good idea to start one or join one. You'll live longer if you have backup and if you do die, you have a pretty good chance to get your old kit back. Everything except worn clothing items that is.

i already successfully retrieved items from my corpse, once i was so lucky that the admin waited for me with an emegency restart, just so that i could get my stuff back (my corpse was deep in the woods, and i had only a rough idea where to look)

***edit: i successfully retrieved items 30 minutes after death, several times now.

but i also had bad luck, corpse gone when i knew where i died and got back there.

i would really like to know about how dead bodies despawn, maybe some dev can give some insight?

• Like 1

if you died against smart player, you'll not find your body. Cause he'll hide it

if you died against smart player' date=' you'll not find your body. Cause he'll hide it

[/quote']

if you are referring to me, of course i am talking about dying in a non-pvp situation.

Can anyone supply a factual answer to the question: How long will a freshly killed players body remain in game (looted or not) before it despawns?

30 mins? Speculated? What is the ACTUAL figure? Where can I get the exact figure for a fact?

Can anyone supply a factual answer to the question: How long will a freshly killed players body remain in game (looted or not) before it despawns?

30 mins? Speculated? What is the ACTUAL figure? Where can I get the exact figure for a fact?

It's 15 minutes I forget where I read that

Your corpse disappears after 15 minutes apparently so you'll either have to hotfoot it PDQ or get your team to loot your stuff and keep it for you. If you don't have a team then it's a good idea to start one or join one. You'll live longer if you have backup and if you do die, you have a pretty good chance to get your old kit back. Everything except worn clothing items that is.

This is very inaccurate. You spout nonsense about corpses dissapearing after 15 minutes. The real case is that corpse despawning doesn't happen until about 30 minutes but there ARE conditions where the corpse will dissapear such as: Server restart, Body was hidden, all loot removed from corpse(shortens despawn time it seems). You can also prolong the time the corpse is avaliable by looting an item now and then. To my knowledge you can have a corpse indifinetly by looting a item every tenth minute. I ran back to my corpse for 50 minutes once and was able to loot it while my mate looted my corpse now and then.

I've been able to do a corpse run due to a bug death of approx 45-50 minutes. It may have been longer, but that's the minimum time I am positive of. Some of that time was spam-respawning to get close to a major city, then grabbing a compass, map, food and drink, and legging it to my old corpse.

I've done a successful corpse over an hour after death, anyone got the actual figures of player body decay?

I've had fresh kills despawn on me while Im looting them and i've also been able to get back to my corpse well over an hour after death. I have looted my own corps after switching servers and then returning and also after multiple respawns to get closer. The whole despawning mechanic seems very erratic. If your gear was worth retrieving and you died to a glitch or a hacker (whole server got nuked the other night, took 45 mins to get back but retrieved all my gear) then theres a good chance you can get your gear back.

I died, spawned in elektro, found a compass, ran to a known bike spawn location, found a bike :o Bike'd to my location of death, terribly misbike'd, finally found myself. Looted all the stuff. Simple :>

if you died against smart player, you'll not find your body. Cause he'll hide it

I haven't been in-game yet but you can move other people's bodies?

There is a "Hide body" option when you scroll on a dead body. You can do this with infected too. When you click it their body will melt with the earth becoming one with nature...In lamenst terms, the body just sinks into the floor becoming unlootable.

I haven't been in-game yet but you can move other people's bodies?

You cant move bodies but you should always hide them when done be it players, zombies or animals corpses. They just sink a few feet into the ground. If you dont then your leaving a trail that others will follow or at least showing signs of activity in the area.

You can drag bodies. Not sure if only unconscious bodies though.

You can? I have never seen the option, is it a right click or mouse scroll or something else? please let me know so I can build mass graves lol.

It is possible i got to my body right when i died i was close to the coast.

Edited by Johnpwnedyou

I just killed 5 people and all the bodies disappeared before i could loot them. in one case I accessed the corpses inventory and when i attempted to take his ammo it would not go into my inventory... I then realized the corpse dissappeared while in the process of scavenging his items....WTF