howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

SPQG_Juba,

The server has fairly regular restart times. I know there's usually one in the morning and one at around 9 cst...it changes but there is a warning...10 minutes, 5, 2, and 1.

HowIChrgeLazer,

It seems we can't stop items from duping. What we're doing is unloading our inventory to a tent or a vehicle and then we'll log out or whatever for the night...the next time we log in it will still be in our inventory as well as whatever vehicle/tent we put it in. We are not trying to do this intentionally and in fact we found a GAZ that people had been using to dupe items (they were also disconnectors...) so we destroyed the GAZ so it can't be used for duping anymore. Our items often duplicate as well and the plan is to disperse some of the duplicates...any ideas why this keeps occurring?

Edited by stickypow

SPQG_Juba,

The server has fairly regular restart times. I know there's usually one in the morning and one at around 9 cst...it changes but there is a warning...10 minutes, 5, 2, and 1.

HowIChrgeLazer,

It seems we can't stop items from duping. What we're doing is unloading our inventory to a tent or a vehicle and then we'll log out or whatever for the night...the next time we log in it will still be in our inventory as well as whatever vehicle/tent we put it in. We are not trying to do this intentionally and in fact we found a GAZ that people had been using to dupe items (they were also disconnectors...) so we destroyed the GAZ so it can't be used for duping anymore. Our items often duplicate as well and the plan is to disperse some of the duplicates...any ideas why this keeps occurring?

Not sure why, but this makes me laugh. You not only decided that other people were solely using a vehicle for duping (which you probably 'acquired' gear from yourself) but destroyed the vehicle? Yet, you yourself are saying that you can't stop the process from happening, which is currently correct for all as there are higher priorities for the programmers (hackers for example) so why don't you destroy your own equipment/duping means? :P

It's hard to give up a Ural... we don't place tents anymore.

We were already geared up from players we killed when they attacked our camp a week or so ago. I know we should just get rid of the truck...but come on...not very often you get one. I'd be cool if they reset all vehicles to spawn locations though. Like I said, we are not intentionally duping anything and most items that have duped were left in whatever vehicle they were in. I don't care about duping items...it takes fun away from the game. We just want the stupid Ural. I get what you're saying though. The only thing I see as a positive way to use this is to go and distribute gear randomly along the coast.

Edit: Another reason we destroyed the GAZ...it was red (stands out)...and goes slow as balls. We weren't going to use it and we knew the people we took it from were disconnectors...screw em'.

Edited by stickypow

It's hard to give up a Ural... we don't place tents anymore.

Just giving you a hard time. I myself have taken out a few camps that were clearly used for duping. It'll be nice when this all goes non-beta and all are servers a wiped clean and everyone starts fresh (the way it SHOULD be at that time).

Hello everyone, first time post and I have beein playin DayZ for a week now. I have enjoyed US 10 Chicago a great deal but the last update (arama beta and battleye) cacked so I went back to the last beta. I will attempt to get it up and goin soon.

The main reason i am posting here is too see if there are any regulars that could use an extra gun. I play evening usually and I play from GMT -4. I am sick of trying to be friendly to everyone just too have them snipe me ASAP.

I have zero experience with veichels so far but I know the map pretty good for only being on for a week. So if anyone wants to have some fun let me know.

How many times a day the server restarts? what times? and is there a warning before the server does so?

cheers

We reboot servers 5-6 hours a day and as sticky said we give warnings 10, 5, 2, and 1 minute(s) in advance. :)

Just giving you a hard time. I myself have taken out a few camps that were clearly used for duping. It'll be nice when this all goes non-beta and all are servers a wiped clean and everyone starts fresh (the way it SHOULD be at that time).

Ander does a pretty good job at wiping old tents and items like barbed wire and sand bags. But yeah, a complete reset would be nice at some point down the road.

Hello everyone, first time post and I have beein playin DayZ for a week now. I have enjoyed US 10 Chicago a great deal but the last update (arama beta and battleye) cacked so I went back to the last beta. I will attempt to get it up and goin soon.

The main reason i am posting here is too see if there are any regulars that could use an extra gun. I play evening usually and I play from GMT -4. I am sick of trying to be friendly to everyone just too have them snipe me ASAP.

I have zero experience with veichels so far but I know the map pretty good for only being on for a week. So if anyone wants to have some fun let me know.

Have you tried manually updating battleye with the client .dll? http://www.battleye.com/download.html - Get the client one for 94945+ and put it in Expansion\Battleye (backup the old BEClient.dll before overwriting it).

We'll also be updating the server to the 95099 beta soon (once it's supported by BE).

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Have you tried manually updating battleye with the client .dll? http://www.battleye.com/download.html - Get the client one for 94945+ and put it in Expansion\Battleye (backup the old BEClient.dll before overwriting it).

We'll also be updating the server to the 95099 beta soon (once it's supported by BE).

I tried both the auto updater and the manual files. I manually removed and tried the manual files, when that failed I tried the uninstaller and the self installer, both with no luck. Essentially I just haven't had time to mess with it. When I get home I just want to get goin and I wasted 30+ mins the first time I tried getting 94997 goin so I just moved back and that took 2 mins to get goin. Lazy I know but I will try everything again the next time I go to play. Thanks for the response.

So I'm debating what I should do with US 870 ruleset wise. We already shifted it 12 hours so you can play during the day when it's night in Chicago, but I'm not sure if there should be any additional changes to it compared to US 10.

We were discussing the possibility of enabling 3rd person, but it seems like many people are against that. Thoughts? Should even the time be different from US 10?

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

I wouldn't be against having third person on US 870. It would definitively help driving vehicles but not really a big deal. I also appreciate the fact that you made it an inverse timezone from US 10 since playing at night can be a bummer for those on eastern time.

Also thanks for all your hard work with the servers always being up to date and smooth as butter. My friends and I stumbled upon US 10 in the first couple weeks of dayz and have not looked back since.

• Like 1

The offset idea is cool. Gives options to your fan base. #rd person should not exist if your playinh vetran/hardcore. Its only use is looking over and around things with out exposing yourself. Kinda cheap and weird.

• Like 1

The offset idea is cool. Gives options to your fan base. #rd person should not exist if your playinh vetran/hardcore. Its only use is looking over and around things with out exposing yourself. Kinda cheap and weird.

^^^Agree^^^

• Like 1

I like the inverted time deal and am not a big fan of 3rd person (in this game) myself. The 1st person makes me work for my money and puts EVERYONE on a fair playing field. Keep it up - love the server!

Sounds like we'll lock it to the same difficulty as US 10 and keep the time difference. Thanks for the input everyone. You're helping shape the future of DayZ for this community. :thumbsup:

Updated and working fine. Was forced to take my first life :(. I dodged several clips of assault rifle fire and actually got away without firing a round. I found a DMR and ran into who I assume was the same guy. It was over quick, one too the head and then no more guy with assault rifle. I wish there was less shoot first and ask questions later, but it sure does make the game tense as hell.

Too anyone playing on the US 10 sever PM me and maybe the next time I say friendly you will know I mean it lol.

US 870 will be down for a few minutes while I change some settings and get the ports unstuck. It's not coming back up on the default, so I have to do a little more work.

EDIT: It's back up. Sorry for the short delay.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer
  • Like 1

US 870 will be down for a few minutes while I change some settings and get the ports unstuck. It's not coming back up on the default, so I have to do a little more work.

EDIT: It's back up. Sorry for the short delay.

So, I play on a few servers where vehicles coming back after a restart is a problem... Woke up this morning to the same (two vehicles gone). They were placed in remote locations and well hidden (one of which is a very small vehicle and pretty much impossible to spot ;) ) so I know both of them couldn't have been stumbled across since logging out last night (us 10). When would a next restart take place so I can get back in and enjoy the fruit of my labor?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

If only each server had a unique character so I could wander around elsewhere (say, us 870 ;) ) while I await a restart on 10.

Edited by 01ludedude

The next reboot should be around 3-4pm central time. I hope the alpha didn't claim your hard work :(

Meh, if it did, I still have my gear and I shall carry on!

Thanks!

870's current lag is outstanding. Everyone shows great ping but server map is currently non-playable...

Must've been temporary, all good now... Strange as it loaded perfectly fine then would just crawl along like something was happening in game causing such a slow down.

Ah well, cheating/duping/something is possible I guess.

Fine now though...

Edited by 01ludedude
  • Like 1

May have been a temporary hiccup with the Hive. I'll keep monitoring the latency and cpu usage and see if I notice anything out of the ordinary. Thank you for the report 01ludedude, much appreciated. :)

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer