howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

Let me know if the WM's squad.xml is throwing error's or not.

Haven't seen any XML errors on your squal.xml file in our server log, I'll let you know if that changes though.

I think we should start using antibiotics as the base level of currency. It'll be SoJs all over again.

Congrats to Lucien who just ended my 30 murder reign of terror. May the antibiotics and 24 slot backpack serve him well.

Congrats to Lucien who just ended my 30 murder reign of terror. May the antibiotics and 24 slot backpack serve him well.

Haha, he just told me that he managed to get that shot on you. Quite proud of him for it. Also, thank you for being nice enough to post that :D

It was my fault for exposing myself on that rooftop and he took full advantage. Credit where it's due and all that.

It's not going to stop me from continuing to kill people when their backs are turned though.

Forgot to mention that we've upgraded to 1.7.1.1 and have settled on 56 slots for the current moment. We'll continue to monitor performance to make sure it remains stable.

EDIT: Be mindful that the server may go up and down tonight. We're trying out some experimental stuff Dwarden is cooking up. This has nothing to do with our hardware or the quality of our server. ;)

EDIT 2: Server should be up until the next normal reboot, unless a scripting error creeps up

Thankfully for my trusty mobile device and a remote desktop app I was able to update the server to 1.7.1.4. My main computer is currently torn apart. :P

I'll be watching rcon on the server and monitoring that things go okay.

Server was updated to 1.7.1.5 an hour after release yesterday, as well as the new beta. I've also added the donation transparency information back to the OP. Server cost posted on here is what it costs just to run DayZ, this does not include other servers we provide such as mumble. Any donations that go straight towards the DayZ server are listed in the OP.

That would be a negative ghost rider (afaik). Although, I'm sure Ander or rocket will announce when helis are safe to have in servers.

allright cool. Could you maybe send an info in this thread? Cause when they're working, i'll start playing again. Right now i don't have any motivation or mission that makes me play it. Became pretty lame after playing a bit..But your server performance is really top, good admin support all the time..

To those that we ran across about an hour ago at the dam, sorry we couldn't help you out further. We were there for the same reasons you were, but we left after you exited the building. Thanks for not shooting at us.

allright cool. Could you maybe send an info in this thread? Cause when they're working' date=' i'll start playing again. Right now i don't have any motivation or mission that makes me play it. Became pretty lame after playing a bit..But your server performance is really top, good admin support all the time..

[/quote']

Thank you, and I'll continue to keep everyone updated if and when I hear anything :)

To those that we ran across about an hour ago at the dam' date=' sorry we couldn't help you out further. We were there for the same reasons you were, but we left after you exited the building. Thanks for not shooting at us.

[/quote']

This thread is sounding like a craigslist lost connections board... rofl.

Anywho, down to the serious bits. We've got looping messages now and the server will restart every 6 hours on it's own. It will also warn everyone when it'll happen. So increased performance and less manual operation for us! Wewt.

I normally don't say this (because I don't want to sound like I'm begging), but keep in mind, this server runs on the power of donations. The DayZ box costs Rage Cage Gaming Community $80.00 out of the $127 we pay per month for our servers. So any donation (even $5 a month) helps out a lot. :cool:

Yeah, I figured it was you guys. There really wasn't anyone else on the server. You guys gave us a scare coming into the building. I kept saying I'd drop some water and then we'd walk out the back, but you guys came in. We would have fired upon you guys if you were fully armed, but one of you was unarmed, plus, the other came in with his weapon lowered.

I was more or less surprised out of anywhere, that's where we encountered each other. What dispute are you talking of? If you meant earlier in the day, that wasn't us, but I do believe we've had to shoot Seph at the NE airfield a week or so before, he shot at us.

Our group is generally friendly, unless given a reason not to be. Like I said, we were there for the same reasons you were. Now to figure out if somebody stole our UAZ and returned it, or the server just ate the stuff inside of it.

To those that we ran across about an hour ago at the dam' date=' sorry we couldn't help you out further. We were there for the same reasons you were, but we left after you exited the building. Thanks for not shooting at us.

[/quote']

It was actually Seph and I. We managed to get food luckily later, hope you guys made it out okay as well. Sorry for our little dispute by the airfield near the beginning of the server. We've all killed eachother a few times I am sure. Funny what times of desperation do. Anyways, hopefully we can start a more peaceful approach to things in the future with each-other.

Would you guys like the server to reboot every 6 hours like it is now, or have a set restart schedule?

Also, are the rotating messages coming up too fast? I'm setting them to be slower on the next reboot. Every 37 minutes.