howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

Another DDoS event is taking place. Checking into things. The provider is already working on getting on top of it. Please hang in there. :)

Edit: Things should be resolved by now.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

**TENTS GONS/VEHICLES GONE**Before you start making assumptions about our camp being raided -- it was not. One of our members was near our camp waiting for a night raid about 15 minutes before said event occurred. He was kicked from game, supposedly of a server restart and then, 15 minutes later, we logged back in and all of our stuff was gone. Tents, vehicles, and items are all gone. I checked for flattened tents to make sure we weren't raided in a olympic-medal-deserving 15 minutes and there were none. We saved tents and the person who put them up did not die. The camp is several kilometers from the border of the map, it is not out of bounds. I also logged back in and had a different gun in my backpack than I did earlier. I had an M1017 in my backpack and when I logged off and I logged back in and had an M4A3 CCO. Now again, before assuming, I did not switch guns recently. I had my layout -- before logging out -- for atleast 20-30 minutes. We pretty much lost everything due to a bug/server side issue. An official response would be nice.

-Thank you,

Walking Militia

Edited by TheDesigner

The servers were hit with a DDoS before and after a beta update on the servers. There's a possibility that things didn't load from the hive properly. Keep in mind, tents and vehicles are stored in the master database. These are not stored locally on US 10 or US 870.

I'll perform a restart on US 10 to see what comes back, but I can't be responsible if those objects don't come back. With this being an alpha, things like this can happen.

I doubt a DDoS attack on our server would affect what was already saved on the hive though. Things attempted to be saved during the event, I could understand not getting through.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Our stuff did come back, so the restart must of worked, thanks for your time!

Glad to hear it.

I've updated the servers to the latest beta and DayZ version. Cranked up the VON quality. Tell me how it goes guys.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Sure glad choppers are back. Now I can't move without looking all around and up lol. Just had a chopper stalking me at NWAF. Fucker was lacing the hanger I was in and I could do nothin about it. Z's everywhere and him just floating up there with LMG's lol. This is getting fun agian!

It has been brought to my attention that there is another US 10 out there on the server list. Be sure you're connecting to US 10 Chicago. Alternatively you can filter for ragecage in your server list to keep it from showing up.

I have contacted support in the meantime. This will be handled when possible.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Yeah whats with these copy cat US 10 Midwest posers :P

I saw it on my server list and was like lolwat? name change again!? Ohhh nvm.

Sure glad choppers are back. Now I can't move without looking all around and up lol. Just had a chopper stalking me at NWAF. Fucker was lacing the hanger I was in and I could do nothin about it. Z's everywhere and him just floating up there with LMG's lol. This is getting fun agian!

Yes that was us and a few of my guild-mates. It's a shame you disconnected after a few pot-shots taken at you, otherwise you could've experienced the true fun of being 'stalked'.

Wel I couldn't shoot without attracting zombies and you were hanging about 400+ yard out which is maxxing out my m4 so I had few options. If I had my dmr on me I may have tried to play lol. I got aced later at the NWAF and lost my ghilie suit and I think I forgot to save my tent so... Fuck.

Any particular reason US 10 has been locked for the past 10 minutes?

BEC must have glitched out. I got in rcon and fixed it. Thank you for reporting it to me.

I need to change to the other style of locking for BEC (where it doesn't count players in lobby), maybe that one will be less buggy.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

BEC must have glitched out. I got in rcon and fixed it. Thank you for reporting it to me.

I need to change to the other style of locking for BEC (where it doesn't count players in lobby), maybe that one will be less buggy.

locked again lazer!

Fixed again. Ugh. Yeah I'll get to that config tonight.

EDIT: Hopefully this works better, I changed it.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Wel I couldn't shoot without attracting zombies and you were hanging about 400+ yard out which is maxxing out my m4 so I had few options. If I had my dmr on me I may have tried to play lol. I got aced later at the NWAF and lost my ghilie suit and I think I forgot to save my tent so... Fuck.

Combat logging is an exploit that is difficult to prove, thus rarely bannable. It IS bannable however when you openly admit to doing so on a forum. You are very lucky we aren't reporting your actions to the server owner, who has proved to us to be a very responsible and ethical admin.

Please avoid all combat logging in the future, you might find resisting the urge to rob your fellow opponents the thrill of combat quite enjoyable.

Combat logging is an exploit that is difficult to prove, thus rarely bannable. It IS bannable however when you openly admit to doing so on a forum. You are very lucky we aren't reporting your actions to the server owner, who has proved to us to be a very responsible and ethical admin.

Please avoid all combat logging in the future, you might find resisting the urge to rob your fellow opponents the thrill of combat quite enjoyable.

You were trolling the NWAF in a chopper, I never fired a shot and you missed a burst. If you actually engaged me I might agree with your statement that I combat logged. But you never actually engaged me. If you wanna try and call me out then go for it. But your high seat ain't so high man. Tell me the story of what happened after I logged out. Did you suddenly fly down and engage the z's too finally see that I was no longer there? If so how long before you did so?

I logged out after you spent 5+ minutes circling around and you fired one burst that missed. I never fired a shot. You engaged a building. The building didn't log out so I guess it is safe.

Easy on the quarrels in the public server thread. If you guys have issues to vent, feel free to take it to a PM conversation between you two or me. However, it sounds like both sides can work something out without having this escalate too far. B)

Easy on the quarrels in the public server thread. If you guys have issues to vent, feel free to take it to a PM conversation between you two or me. However, it sounds like both sides can work something out without having this escalate too far. B)

Sorry about that. Been a rought AM for me. We have PM'd a little bit and I think we will be ok.

Last night on US 10 around 7-8pm a player named "Johnson" I beleive was spawning all sorts of items, backpacks as50's the whole 9 yards. I was freshly spawned on the coast and he gave me a enfeild and I thanked him but he kept getting more and more items, 2 coyote backpacks, m14, 1911, 8 bandages, as50, m4a1 exct. Also over heard other people saying via direct communication they spawned with items while loading into the game.